My time dining and reservations?

How do I go about making reservations for the main dining room for my time dining on Royal Caribbean's website? I cannot figure it out. I can see how to make reservations for the up charge restaurants though. Can someone please walk me through this? Otherwise, I'll be visiting the maitre'd as soon as we board.

You signed up for My Time Dining when you booked right? (rather than one of the preset times) If so...

Go into the cruise planner, and then hover over dining, then there should be an option for My Time Dining. Click that. Then click "Add to Cart", Then choose your guests, then choose your day and time. and go through the process of checking out. It's free. You'll then get a confirmation email.

Dan

The reason I couldn't see "My time dining" is my dining got switched to Late dining when my reservation was moved into a group through booking agency this spring; I didn't know. I got it switched back and was able to make my reservations for this Sept.. However, I, too, had to completely check out and start over for each day, could not "continue shopping." If someone knows an easier way, please let me know, as I have another reservation in Jan. to make reservations for. Thank you.

That's the only way to do it. One day at a time.

Actually on the page with all of the dining options just below the featured dining options and above the “Sort By” button, you can click “Plan All Cruise Dining” to set all of your MDR reservations at the same time. Hope that helps!

Sorry for the noob question, but I wanted early dining, but couldn't get it because it was sold out for my sailing. I made 5:30 PM reservations for every night. Is there any difference between YTD with a 5:30 PM reservation and early dining? Do you get sent to a different MDR? Is there a difference other than decor?

Sorry for the noob question, but I wanted early dining, but couldn't get it because it was sold out for my sailing. I made 5:30 PM reservations for every night. Is there any difference between YTD with a 5:30 PM reservation and early dining? Do you get sent to a different MDR? Is there a difference other than decor?

Yes, different Dining Room. MTD they will seat you usually different table/Waiters each nite. But if all same times every nite you may be assigned... Regular Main Dining same waiters and table number assigned on your card and only 2 seatings

This has been puzzling me. We have booked My Time dining but if you need to reserve beforehand, surely that negates the flexibility that My Time brings? Also, there are only two of us but we would be more than happy to share - in fact we would prefer to. Is it possible to book tables for sharing in advance?

• Like 1

This has been puzzling me. We have booked My Time dining but if you need to reserve beforehand, surely that negates the flexibility that My Time brings? Also, there are only two of us but we would be more than happy to share - in fact we would prefer to. Is it possible to book tables for sharing in advance?

You don’t have to make reservations ahead of time. If you don’t there may be a bit if a wait for a table.

With can only request to be seated at a larger table when you show up for dinner. They may or may not be able to accommodate that request, it will depend on if others showing up at the same time as you have also made that request.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
32 minutes ago, kstrimm said:

It’s only showing me 6:30 or later each day for a cruise on the Harmony in August. Does this mean the earlier times are booked, or were they just not available? 

Unknown, but you may have better luck making reservations onboard.  If you cannot make reservations for the times you want, then just show up whenever you like.

• Like 1

Question for the experts on My Time Dining.  I have successfully made reservations for each evening and those reservations show up on my cruise calendar.  I added another couple to each of those reservations, but My Time Dining does not show up on their cruise calendar.  Should it?  Can I be sure they will be expecting a party of four?

I tried to change some of my scheduled times and it said "at your leisure" time.  I Guess we are Nana and Granddaughter and can be seated relatively quickly.  Who knows!?

I've been trying to reserve my time dining for 5:30pm on the nights we don't have reservations at the specialty restaurants. I remember specifically when I originally bought the cruise ( a year ago) I picked 5:30pm my time dining but I want to try to get 6pm. I go to this "plan all cruise dining" and I don't even see my time dining reservations as an option. Anyone else have this issue? 

• Like 1

Yes. I just cancelled most of the MTD and will wing it.  My granddaughter would rather eat at the Windjammer or Sorrentos any how.

If there is a big line, we will head up to Windjammers or Sorrentos, maybe Solarium Bistro.  I have great restaurants around me in my area and I am there primarily for her.  The shows are her priority and she certainly is not a "foodie"😉

22 hours ago, dajulieness said:

I've been trying to reserve my time dining for 5:30pm on the nights we don't have reservations at the specialty restaurants. I remember specifically when I originally bought the cruise ( a year ago) I picked 5:30pm my time dining but I want to try to get 6pm. I go to this "plan all cruise dining" and I don't even see my time dining reservations as an option. Anyone else have this issue? 

Double check that you really have MTD. If you picked 5:30 when you booked the cruise then you have early dining, not MTD. That may be why you cannot see MTD reservations in your cruise planner.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Sun Lover said:

When I made my reservation, I clicked on the 5:30 p.m. dining. Now I've decided I would rather have My Time Dining but I can't figure out how to switch it in my cruise planner. Can anyone help?

You can’t switch online, you have ask whoever booked your cruise to switch you.