Opera in Cuba

grush240

I'm sailing on the 4th November 17 with my husband, this will be my first cruise with MSC. So far I have booked drinks and internet packages. It very hard to find out any information about this cruise, so going with an open mind.

Thanks Kev, much appreciated.

Who are you flying with?

Have you got any drinks or photograph packages arranged?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Forums mobile app

We're flying with Air Europa Gatwick-Madrid-Havana

We have the AI bar & restaurant package booked. No photo's

Got a Salsa night booked in Havana and Mayan Ruins & beach in Cozumel.

I'm sailing on the 4th November 17 with my husband, this will be my first cruise with MSC. So far I have booked drinks and internet packages. It very hard to find out any information about this cruise, so going with an open mind.

I know what you mean, i think the problem with the Cuban cruises is that this is a mainly American forum and it's not easy for a US citizen to get to Cuba. This is our 4th MSC and we find they're OK some hicups but never enough to spoil a cruise. Sure they're not Celebrity or P&O but personally I'd rather have them than Carnival any time

Kev.

Been watching the track of Irma and it looks as if Havana should miss the worst of it, so with a bit of luck we should be good to go in 5 weeks. Feel really bad about the Islands I've been to most of them and am devastated for the people, just hope they can get back up and running to get some money flowing in to them ASAP. not going to help with Jose coming up behind.

I know what you mean, i think the problem with the Cuban cruises is that this is a mainly American forum and it's not easy for a US citizen to get to Cuba. This is our 4th MSC and we find they're OK some hicups but never enough to spoil a cruise. Sure they're not Celebrity or P&O but personally I'd rather have them than Carnival any time

Kev.

Hi Kev, I'm not the biggest fan of P&O, I like NCL, RCI and Cunard and trying different cruise lines. My visas have arrived now. Next to book is the laundry package. We have booked 2 tours so far one to the ruins in Costa maya and a jungle tree top walkway and beach break in Honduras. We are flying BA via Madrid but using Iberia airlines. What date do you fly.

......... We have booked 2 tours so far one to the ruins in Costa maya and a jungle tree top walkway and beach break in Honduras.

I'd be really interested in hearing how your tours go, Jay. Those 2 ports are on our Divina itinerary in 2019 so any info would be great!

I'd be really interested in hearing how your tours go, Jay. Those 2 ports are on our Divina itinerary in 2019 so any info would be great!

I will, not the ships tours but a private company, costs a little less. But picks you and drops off at port.

See the update from MSC regarding the Opera sailings from Havana. Current changeover will take place in Cozumel instead of Havana on Sunday instead of Saturday. Flights will be to and from Cancun. We are on the 23rd September sailing [with flights on Air Europe booked via MSC]. Not sure what the situation will be by then. Currently both the port and airport in Havana are closed and no electricity in the city. At least no deaths reported so far.

Berkshireboy

MSC OPERA

The state of emergency has been called across a number of islands in the area, including Cuba.

Due to these extraordinary circumstances, the Port of Havana is expected to stop operations from Friday onwards, impeding MSC Opera’s turnaround operation scheduled for Saturday, 9 September.

For this reason, we have decided to extend MSC Opera’s call to Cozumel (Mexico) through Sunday, when the cruise will come to an end. Embarkation and disembarkation operations will subsequently take place in Cozumel on that day.

MSC Cruises will arrange transfers from Cozumel to Cancun Airport and back in order to allow our outward-bound guests to start their journey home and help our incoming guests reach the ship before starting their cruise.

MSC Cruises is equally assisting those guests that need to rebook their flights.

Checked today and the airport has reopened Air Europa flight from Madrid is enroute. Don't know the state of the port as yet.

Kev

Hi, Yes the airport re-opened yesterday and the first Air Europa flight landed yesterday evening.

MSC has just announced that everything returns to normal this weekend:-

MSC Opera – update on future itineraries

Following the passage of Hurricane Irma through the Caribbean and in connection with the reopening of both the port and the airport in Havana, MSC Opera will now resume operating regular cruise service out of Havana, Cuba from 16 September onwards – with unchanged itineraries.

Have still not got any documentation for our cruise on the 23rd but expect that the e-ticket etc. shouldn't be long now.

Not sure how Havana itself will be but I'm sure that visitors will be even more welcome than usual. :)

Alan