Originally posted by KathR
Hey AuzzieCruiser...

Thank you soooo much for your response....much appreciated...

I have to admit that coming onto this board after a less than pleasing cruise has been hard. Why bother to post your opinion? Well have had 5 cruises that have more than exceeded expectations...

We love cruising, have done the Med, Panama Canal, Far East, Alaska, Thailand to Aus.
Pacific Star just didn't hit the mark in my very humble opinion and no comparison to previous cruises. To summarise
  • cabin bathroom smelt of urine (and bin not emptied)
  • tenders to shore took around 3.5 hours to complete
  • cabin make-up was of poor standard and in some cases was not completed until after dinner in the eve
  • attitude and respect from security staff was not as expected
  • food standard was really average
KathR - I have to agree with you about certain aspects of the cabins service. While we were more than satisified with our cabin service, the other two cabins in our group experienced mixed service - one cabin regularly wasn't made up until late in the day - and the other normally had the cabin stewards knocking on the door at 7.00 AM wanting to clean the cabins!

The tendering process was a bit slow at certain ports - but I think that had more to do with the ports rather than the crew. When we were at Yasawa-I-Rara the tide was going out and one of the tenders got beached at the pontoon - and they had to send tenders over half full to keep the weight down. This strung out the tender process... but we were always kept up to date, and they worked hard to get everyone ashore that wanted to go ashore and get them back again. Because of the stuffy condition of the tender boats in the tropical climate - the crew were handing out bottles of water to anyone who wanted it for the trip back - to try and make the tender rides more bearable.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Christmas & New Year South Pacific (12 nights)

__________________________________________________ ___

Pacific Sky, Pacific Star (2), Pacific Sun (5), Pacific Dawn (4), Pacific Jewel, Pacific Pearl (2), Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Solstice, Rhapsody of the Seas, Aurora (2)