Charleston, SC Port Question

raleighchris

Greetings,

Me and my wife are booked on the Ecstasy on April 3. We will be in town and staying with family from March (I'm running the Cooper River Bridge 10k that Saturday). My question is we have the 1:00 check in time, but can we drop off our luggage earlier than that and wander around downtown Charleston for a couple of hours or do we need to show up at 1:00 with luggage in hand, ready to go? I'll have done the online check in and all that. Just wasn't sure.

I personally can not speak for the Charleston, SC port. What I can say though is, I believe every port I have cruised out of, the baggage porters are outside of the actual building, getting your luggage. So in short I would say yes! I would leave bags with porter get receipt (tip him/her to ensure baggage makes it on the ship...LoL). You have not checked in yet so go exploring the town. In fact in long beach we got to the terminal they were waiting to take our baggage, but was not ready for all these people on the inside. So they had shuttles lined up to take us to downtown Longbeach where there was shopping, eating, breweries, ect. to pass the time away, fun times.

Greetings,

Me and my wife are booked on the Ecstasy on April 3. We will be in town and staying with family from March (I'm running the Cooper River Bridge 10k that Saturday). My question is we have the 1:00 check in time, but can we drop off our luggage earlier than that and wander around downtown Charleston for a couple of hours or do we need to show up at 1:00 with luggage in hand, ready to go? I'll have done the online check in and all that. Just wasn't sure.

While we have never actually done this, you would be able to leave your luggage with the porters and then walk back out into town. After you drop your luggage you are in an open area that is right in front of the downtown area.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes, you can drop off your luggage inside the parking area and leave if you get there before the lines of cars start. We are just off the Ecstasy and got there around 10:30. We dropped off our luggage and were told to come back at 11:30. By then there were three rows of cars backed up to the luggage porters, so I'm not sure if you came at that time you'd want to come back even if you could leave.

Here's a link to my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2473715