Regal Princess-Nov. 29-Dec. 7, 2015, Notes and Pictures

Mom33

Happy NewYear everyone! December has been terribly busy with the cruise and Christmas with family that I am very late with my report.

Having reviewed the Regal a year ago, I will not be doing a regular review this time. I will post some pics for those that have not yet sailed on her and make some comments on this cruise experience. I will start out by saying we had a wonderful time. The ship is still beautiful and the calm seas and weather were with us for two weeks.

This was our first B2B and we looked forward to a relaxing two weeks in the Caribbean.

Embarkation was easy and we were onboard by 11:45. We had lunch in the dining room and enjoyed the shrimp avocado appetizer, beef medallions and apple tart with espresso ice cream.

Service was excellent. For the first time, we had to wait to enter the cabin at 1:00.

We had a cabin on Emerald deck, E416 that was advertised as partially obstructed. The balcony was midship with no obstruction for us. Here are some pictures.

IMG_2336_zpspxprwxtl.jpg

IMG_1265_zpsojgecpf8.jpg

IMG_1267_zps9qte9djv.jpg

IMG_2299_zpspialhcwp.jpg

view straight down

IMG_2295_zpsemrnj3ow.jpg

view to the right

IMG_2297_zpstgwa1e7v.jpg

The piazza was a busy place this cruise and while DH shopped for T shirts , I relaxed with this cappuccino. Good to the last drop :)

IMG_2308_zpsy8oojbvv.jpg

IMG_2309_zpstymjzpdm.jpg

The Piazza is a great place to people watch and over hear the following:

We don't need anymore T shirts!

I left my key card in the light slot and I'm locked out of my cabin.

I can't stand the people in the elevator.

We have to go to the aft elevators to get to Dolphin deck. (tried to help this one by telling her the midship elevator where she was would take her there. She said it wouldn't because the elevator doesn't go past the 7th floor.) :) Didn't volunteer any help after that. :rolleyes:

We enjoyed the entertainment both weeks. Excellent music and comedy and we finally had a chance to see "Bravo". It seems that it was doing it's finale for the season on our first week of the cruise. It is opera and musical theater in concert.

The soprano was excellent and the new production performers did well for just joining the ship.

The soprano, Chelsea Coyne, also performed in the Piazza. It was a treat for us as we appreciate this genre of music. Our daughter and her husband, a soprano and tenor, have a music conservatory teaching classical voice and musical theater.

We were so relaxed ,that at times we lost track of what day it was ,where we were,and what time it was. On this day the ship was docked in Costa Maya. However, we were docked at the Retreat Pool with a Pina Colada and a Sea Witch Beer. :)

It was a great time for peace and quiet.

IMG_2359_zpsrioy33xh.jpg

IMG_2361_zpshememyjn.jpg

IMG_2357_zps1uerm2ej.jpg

Last day at sea....contemplating the vastness of the oceans and seas we have sailed.

IMG_2310_zpsn05uehkp.jpg

IMG_2304_zpsskt2c7gy.jpg

IMG_1301_zps1cr6ortw.jpg

IMG_1299_zpsiqd4hfc6.jpg

A huge thank you to Captain Ed Perrin and his staff and crew for another stellar cruise experience on the Regal Princess.

Thanks for posting. I just booked 2 obstructed balconies on the regal emerald deck for our thanksgiving cruise next year and they seem like a great bargain. I think we're in e229 and e230.

Lovely pics!! Looks like you had some great weather! Love that Regal! Can't wait to get back on in a year... :)

Thank you to both of you. Enjoy your cruises on her.

Happy NewYear everyone! December has been terribly busy with the cruise and Christmas with family that I am very late with my report.

Having reviewed the Regal a year ago, I will not be doing a regular review this time. I will post some pics for those that have not yet sailed on her and make some comments on this cruise experience. I will start out by saying we had a wonderful time. The ship is still beautiful and the calm seas and weather were with us for two weeks.

This was our first B2B and we looked forward to a relaxing two weeks in the Caribbean.

Embarkation was easy and we were onboard by 11:45. We had lunch in the dining room and enjoyed the shrimp avocado appetizer, beef medallions and apple tart with espresso ice cream.

Service was excellent. For the first time, we had to wait to enter the cabin at 1:00.

We had a cabin on Emerald deck, E416 that was advertised as partially obstructed. The balcony was midship with no obstruction for us. Here are some pictures.

IMG_2336_zpspxprwxtl.jpg

IMG_1265_zpsojgecpf8.jpg

IMG_1267_zps9qte9djv.jpg

IMG_2299_zpspialhcwp.jpg

view straight down

IMG_2295_zpsemrnj3ow.jpg

view to the right

IMG_2297_zpstgwa1e7v.jpg

Hi,

We sailed on the same day as you on the Regal from Nov 29th.

We also encounter the first time wait for our cabin but did not let this give a bad start to this cruise.

Our only concern and was addressed with the front desk was we waited all this time for our cabin and have to say that it had to be one of the worst condition for a new ship.

Overall you are right all the rest went well and the weather was spectacular.

Thanks for sharing.

Sea ya

Eric

ImageUploadedByForums1451799525.552798.jpg.02bdbc20144fdb20909e23c2eec10422.jpg

Our stewardess didn't make the top ten for us but it was due to her forgetfulness. The room was clean.

Our railings were varnished during the cruise as part of the ongoing maintenance. We found the ship to be ship shape. :)

"Our only concern and was addressed with the front desk was we waited all this time for our cabin and have to say that it had to be one of the worst condition for a new ship." Quoted from Nimiq

Sorry your room wasn't in good shape.

Edited by Mom33