If you had to pick three grossest foods...

schmoopie17

I dislike liver, brussel sprouts and mustard greens, other than that there is not much I won't try. I love most ethnic food, especially Indian and Mediterranean. Carnival and NCL had the best lamb I ever eaten and Carnival's escargot was to die for. I'm from Louisiana and oysters are a staple here and we all love them raw.

I dislike liver, brussel sprouts and mustard greens, other than that there is not much I won't try. I love most ethnic food, especially Indian and Mediterranean. Carnival and NCL had the best lamb I ever eaten and Carnival's escargot was to die for. I'm from Louisiana and oysters are a staple here and we all love them raw.

LOVE MUSTARD GREENS! Along with Collard Greens, Turnip Greens and Kale. I like fried chicken livers better than beef liver. Brussel sprouts I can take or leave. So far I've liked all ethnic foods that I have tried. That's the main reason I like to cruise. I like to travel to different ports and try the food. Not a big fan of escargot, I've killed to many of the slimmy little things when I was a kid(and I know they are not the same kind). And I love oysters too. Deep fried and raw!

Edited by lowbass

CELERY! YUCK!

other than that im really open, i just wont eat anything made with blood (like blood sausage) not only because its disgusto but also for religious reasons. and i wont eat any organs! no heart, liver, brain, haggis, etc for me! i dont think thats unreasonable! though i have eaten pig tongue...

oh yeah, i cant do anchovies blecchhhhh

no YOURE schmoopie!!! :p

Cool...another Seinfeld fan! Remember when Jerry wouldn't eat the pizza because Poppi didn't wash his hands after using the restroom? Speaking of gross things, that was pretty gross. Or when George wouldn't eat the pie because the cook poisoned it? Also pretty gross...

I would have to say wheat, barley and rye are the grossest things I could eat on a cruise ship, but that's because of what they do to my body. :eek: Roll that all under "gluten" and my other two grossest foods are filtration organs (kidney, liver, intestines) and brains. Other than that, I'll willing to try it all!

Edited by d34567
aye caint speel

On a cruise, I will try anything, period. Tried foe gras (I know I butchered the French) last cruise, and loved it, even though I "thought" (big mistake for me) I hated liver. Tried caviar too, but too salty. Leaving soon on my next cruise, so even with the caviar, the rule will be "Try try again!"

• 2 weeks later...
On a cruise, I will try anything, period. Tried foe gras (I know I butchered the French) last cruise, and loved it, even though I "thought" (big mistake for me) I hated liver. Tried caviar too, but too salty. Leaving soon on my next cruise, so even with the caviar, the rule will be "Try try again!"

I also hate liver (even though I've never tried it...just know I hate it). Same goes for caviar (fish eggs???...come on now, I don't even eat chicken eggs).

Cool...another Seinfeld fan! Remember when Jerry wouldn't eat the pizza because Poppi didn't wash his hands after using the restroom? Speaking of gross things, that was pretty gross. Or when George wouldn't eat the pie because the cook poisoned it? Also pretty gross...

the george/pie thing was just funny! all from the same episode if i remember correctly.... i think thats the one where george had the cordeuroy pants on and he was worried the ppl he was trying to impress wouldnt hire him because of the noise, lol

i am a HUGE seinfeld fan!

I can't stand smushed up berries on things...they just look like blood clots to me. So many desserts have been ruined on cruise ships by the addition of the blood clot garnish. Also, oysters and clams look and taste gross!

In that case, I assume you're like me and don't like chunky salsa or chunks of tomatoes in spaghetti sauce. Now THOSE really look like blood clots...

While reading the "Cookies" thread on this board, I was reminded of another of my "grossest" foods...milk. The mere thought of having to choke down a full glass of milk makes me want to ...well, you get the idea. I'll never understand how the first person to ever drink milk looked at a cow's udder and said, "I want to drink what comes out of that thing." :eek:

While reading the "Cookies" thread on this board, I was reminded of another of my "grossest" foods...milk. The mere thought of having to choke down a full glass of milk makes me want to ...well, you get the idea. I'll never understand how the first person to ever drink milk looked at a cow's udder and said, "I want to drink what comes out of that thing." :eek:

Humans are the only species to drink the milk of another species!

Edit: Do you eat cheese?? That comes from milk!

Edited by BroncosFan2010

This is the funniest thread I have ever read on these boards.

I also hate anchovies and any organ meats. If I spot any pink or red chicken on my plate, it is all I can do to not get ill. Undercooked chicken: it literally destroys my appetite for hours :(.

Humans are the only species to drink the milk of another species!

Edit: Do you eat cheese?? That comes from milk!

Yes...I happen to love cheese (I'm from Wisconsin, after all...a dyed in the wool Cheesehead) but hate milk. I also love spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce and ketchup but I hate raw tomatoes. I also love cake, cookies and french toast but wouldn't eat an egg if a gun was held to my head. Go figure...

• 2 weeks later...
Oh thats easy...............Aubergines (egg plant), Okra (Bindi / Ladys Fingers) and broad beans. Awful slimey texture things. Makes me shudder just thinking about them.:eek:

Okra, Okra, and Okra! If you ever had MY eggplant parmigiana you would like it-not slimey at all!