Port of Seattle launches free airport luggage service

MVPinBoynton

I am not in a suite, sailing Concierge, but I already booked a shuttle through Celebrity to get from pier to Sea-Tac in September...I'm hoping that will also "qualify" me (if X is only offering it to suite PAX) for this free baggage transfer service. Any cruisers not in a Solstice suite, who were offered this free service, please reply.

I've never sailed on Celebrity, and if this is true, that Celebrity is limiting a service that is being provided cost-free to it's passengers, then I will never sail on Celebrity. If it cost Celebrity something to get this, then I could probably understand a limit, but to do it to something that costs them nothing is certainly not customer-oriented to my way of thinking. And, yes, I realize that the free service may cost them some lost revenue if they have a similar program such as Holland-America's Luggage Direct or Princess' EZ-Check (which they probably do) but still,,,

Tom

I am guessing this program offered by the port is so new that when the cruise line is asked about it, they think you are referring to their program. Can anyone confirm? Sure hope Royal has it figured out by Sept.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Call Celebrity and ask them. Seems odd that all the other cruise lines that go to Alaska out of Seattle could figure it out and Celebrity couldn't but in today's world, you never can tell! :confused:

Tom

I am waiting to see if Royal Caribbean will be using the Port Valet for our September cruise. I emailed the port since we have an 8 pm flight to see if they would still take our bags for a flight that late and they said yes, but check with the cruise line to see if they are using the program. I can't seem to get a straight answer.

At this point I haven't heard anyone use this service with Carnival

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Because it's not offered--at least yesterday when I got off it wasn't. Not sure why they aren't participating, but they are not!

Well then the info is wrong. I disembarked from Pier 91 on Tuesday and Carnival was not participating.

I hope it is incorrect and they get it straightened out. Too many answered questions with a potentially excellent program that should have been all figured out before they rolled it out.

Well then the info is wrong. I disembarked from Pier 91 on Tuesday and Carnival was not participating.

I hope it is incorrect and they get it straightened out. Too many answered questions with a potentially excellent program that should have been all figured out before they rolled it out.

The program is available to Carnival, but for whatever reason, they have not, as of today, joined the other cruise lines in participating. Why? I have no idea, you'll have to ask that of Canival Cruise Lines. The other lines that arrive/depart from Pier 91, do participate and it has functioned very well according to people who have cruised on Princess and Holland-America to whom I have spoken. They were all, without exception, very pleased with the service they received...especially the cost, which is $0.00! :D

Tom

I sure hope Pier 66 (NCL) will eventually join in with this program, and Carnival, since it says they already do.

NCL doesn't offer their own luggage valet service any longer so you're on your own to figure out what to do. There are places downtown that will store the luggage, but the Port Valet would have been so convenient. And yes, you can't beat the price.....

Edited by Upper Deck Dad

I sure hope Pier 66 (NCL) will eventually join in with this program, and Carnival, since it says they already do.

NCL doesn't offer their own luggage valet service any longer so you're on your own to figure out what to do. There are places downtown that will store the luggage, but the Port Valet would have been so convenient. And yes, you can't beat the price.....

Since you mentioned luggage storage, I thought I'd pass this info on concerning luggage storage for Pier 66.

I believe that the concierge at Pier 66 can store luggage for you but I believe they are only open till about 3:30pm.If you need luggage storage past 3:30, the Edgewater Hotel would be your best bet. Right next to P66, $5.00/bag, unlimited hours. (Phone:206-728-7000, http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/) The number I have for the Cruise Seattle Concierge is (206) 441-6666.

NOTE: On the same subject, but a different location than Seattle, if you are coming off a cruise ship in Vancouver, B.C., you can store your luggage at "Priority Baggage" at Canada Place. They will also forward your luggage to the airport for a fee.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. I don't know when you got those forms but our forms clearly stated that you must depart between 7:30 and 7:45 AM. In fact the departure times for Port Seattle passengers were listed at 7:30 and 7:45, there were no times after that. We talked with passengers on board who were not using the program because of the early required departures.

Interesting. I don't know when you got those forms but our forms clearly stated that you must depart between 7:30 and 7:45 AM. In fact the departure times for Port Seattle passengers were listed at 7:30 and 7:45, there were no times after that. We talked with passengers on board who were not using the program because of the early required departures.

I just got off Emerald Princess last week and used the program. My form stated that US customs requires you to be off the ship NLT 0830 if you are using port valet program. We used it and still did not get off ship until 9:10. Emerald was backed up getting people off

• 2 weeks later...

Curious how this works with United as I get 2 free bags, do you fill out a form with frequent flyer # ? Wondering if anyone has done the same? What did you do with carry on's for your day in Seattle?

Curious how this works with United as I get 2 free bags, do you fill out a form with frequent flyer # ? Wondering if anyone has done the same? What did you do with carry on's for your day in Seattle?

You take your carry on bags with you just as you would on any other trip. If you purchase a transfer to the airport from the cruise line or from some other company, then you will take your carry on bags with you just as you would with any other trip. The bags that you check through the Port Valet program you will pick up at the luggage carousel at your final destination airport.

Tom

You put your frequent flier number on the form. You won't be charged for bags if you have status with United. The port pays the transportation fees to the airport. It worked very well. My bags were picked up outside stateroom at 10:15 and I received an email from Delta that they had arrived at airport at 10:55pm. The next day I received another email telling me bags had been loaded onto my flight

You put your frequent flier number on the form. You won't be charged for bags if you have status with United. The port pays the transportation fees to the airport. It worked very well. My bags were picked up outside stateroom at 10:15 and I received an email from Delta that they had arrived at airport at 10:55pm. The next day I received another email telling me bags had been loaded onto my flight

thnks!