Flights

denn1

My wife and myself have booked a Cunard caribbean cuise this november cruising out flying home we have been booked from JFK TO Charles de Gaulle then on to Birmingham uk, Has anyone changed this flight to Newark straight through to Birmingham. This sounds crazy to me its only 20 minute flight from CDG to Birmingham I would be interested in your comments

Not sure what you find crazy?

But a flight from cdg to brum is longer than 20 mins more like an hour.

Have done Manchester to Newark which was great smaller airport quicker exit and we have just changed our Gatwick to JFK flight to Birmingham - Newark for next months cruise we paid extra £80pp but hopefully no long customs queues at Newark.. only downsides are United and the 757 but it's only £100 for premium economy.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paris CDG is a very large airport and from experience not that easy to transit through. If you are flying Air France for both legs then it will be slightly easier but you should ensure that you have at least 2 hours to make the transfer. The direct flight is imo a Much better option

Not sure what you find crazy?

But a flight from cdg to brum is longer than 20 mins more like an hour.

Have done Manchester to Newark which was great smaller airport quicker exit and we have just changed our Gatwick to JFK flight to Birmingham - Newark for next months cruise we paid extra £80pp but hopefully no long customs queues at Newark.. only downsides are United and the 757 but it's only £100 for premium economy.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could the confusion be the one hour time difference between France and the UK?

Thank you for the replys I think I'm going to change the flight to direct from Newark to Birmingham

Good decision you never want connections when it's not needed, btw who booked the Paris flight? Seems a strange one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our return flight from a transatlantic was initially booked to Birmingham 17 months in advance, confirmed 7 months later as 19:25 Newark to Birmingham, fine. Then 3 months later we were informed it had changed to JFK at 16:30 via Amsterdam. I was most upset about losing 3 hours in New York rather than the change so called the agent I booked with who had a number of options we could change to including a later non direct flight. Settled for a 22:30 direct from JFK to Heathrow which is actually more convenient for us. From the current prices it looks like this was actually cheaper so why it was changed in the first place I do not know. Sometimes you just have to ask. :)