Latest Upsell Offers

CineGraphic

Just want to keep this thread going!

Personally, I like the upsell idea as there is greater opportunity to get an upgraded cabin and, you are able to view available cabins on the Princess website.

We were once lucky enough to be upgraded from a mini-suite to an aft full balcony, but chances are slim. We’ve since received several upsell opportunities, accepting some, passing on others.

Most recently, we declined an upsell to a Club Class mini but jumped at the opportunity to upgrade to an aft suite on the following cruise. It was a steep price, at $599/pp for a 10 day trip, and the location is probably the least desirable suite, but we are happy to have it!:D

This is the current message on the Princess website:

We are currently upgrading our systems so that we may serve you better. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to visit us again after 6:00 AM PDT, Thursday, Nov 2, 2017.

I wonder if they are loading new fares?

This is the current message on the Princess website:

We are currently upgrading our systems so that we may serve you better. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to visit us again after 6:00 AM PDT, Thursday, Nov 2, 2017.

I wonder if they are loading new fares?

Now they changed it to 6:30 am!

And now changed to 7:00 am!!

Edited by cjskids

A friend received an upsell offer for her Plaza deck ocean view cabin on the 12/9 Crown sailing to a BB balcony on Baja deck for $49 per person. It will be interesting to see if there is new pricing for that Plaza deck cabin which was very inexpensive to begin with when she booked it.

It’s now 7:30, but let’s stay on topic please. None of this has anything to do with the latest upsell offers.

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working, using Forums

I think it is related to the upsell topic. The Princess website was back up at 10 so it was possible to check pricing. Princess is constantly "adjusting" inventory to figure out which pricing will be the new hook for prospective passengers and it can give you an idea of what is available if you are offered an "upsell.

Just wondering if there has ever been upsells on the Star cruise to Hawaii. Right now the difference from interior to balcony is massive. We are happy with our Plaza Deck inside but would be happier with a balcony with so many sea days. Has anyone had success with making their own offer to Princess when it gets closer to sail date? I’m afraid any upsell offer will be to Oceanview, which we don’t want.

Just wondering if there has ever been upsells on the Star cruise to Hawaii. Right now the difference from interior to balcony is massive. We are happy with our Plaza Deck inside but would be happier with a balcony with so many sea days. Has anyone had success with making their own offer to Princess when it gets closer to sail date? I’m afraid any upsell offer will be to Oceanview, which we don’t want.

We are on the Star to Hawaii over xmas and got an upsell from Balcony to mini suite for $299 per person. Pretty good considering it's a 15 day and the difference in price regularly is huge. However, we didn't take it as we are on a b2b and currently have same cabin for both portions and also have another cabin across the hall for the rest of the family. We didn't want the hassle of switching rooms and being separated....

We received the upsell for a full suite from our mini for $449 or something like that back in Sept. Didn't take it this time as I was annoyed with them.

We also received an upsell from a mini to a club class mini for $149 recently. So not worth it in my book at all. Traveling with friends so won't eat in that area for dinner and I already receive the perks being elite. The price difference between what I paid and what they were gong for at the time was $80 per person.

We missed an upsell today for the Caribbean Princess sailing on 1/13 to a full suite for 899 PP . I called but they had all been accepted. I am now on the wait list ...... I hope we get it -

It was from a mini-suite to a full suite - 14 day Circle the Caribbean cruise -

Please excuse my ignorance here, but how does one go about seeing if you can get an upsell, we are located in Australia and going on a 28 night cruise next March, how far out do they offer them?

I'm not sure if it is different in Australia, but in the US we receive an email with the offer and a number to call, leave a message, and wait for a call back. Most of the offers I've received have been closer to sail date.

I'm not sure if it is different in Australia, but in the US we receive an email with the offer and a number to call, leave a message, and wait for a call back. Most of the offers I've received have been closer to sail date.

Thank you I think I will contact Princess and find out have cruised with them before and never got emails.

biggest factor is if they have a number of balcony, mini suites or full suites not sold a month or so from sailing. Then the inventory department will start sending out the e-mails. If most of those cabins are sold then it is unlikely that you will get an upsell offer. I have over 30 cruises with Princess and have only gotten 3 offers, 2 I took and1 I passed on

12/3/17, Emerald, 17 days, mini to full suite upsell offer $1059 pp.

Today, we received a 2nd upsell offer to a suite, the first upsell offer was at $1499 pp about 6 week’s ago.

We passed on both offers and we’re happy with our aft mini and have a “no upgrades” noted in our booking. So apparently upsell offers may still be offered, even with a no upgrade notice.

We have 25 cruises with Princess.