Latest Upsell Offers

CineGraphic

Thank you I think I will contact Princess and find out have cruised with them before and never got emails.

you just never know when and if you are going to get one. It's our 3rd cruise with Princess, and until now we never got an upsell or upgrade. We got a free upgrade. It's my parents' first ever cruise, and they got an upsell offer last week.

We sail in two weeks.

Quick question --- We just accepted an upsell offer for a balcony from an inside cabin. We used future cruise credits for the deposit when the original booking was made. Are we eligible for the additional OBC we would receive for a balcony as opposed to the credit for an inside cabin? (Only a difference of $25 pp, but just curious as to how it works.) Thanks!

Quick question --- We just accepted an upsell offer for a balcony from an inside cabin. We used future cruise credits for the deposit when the original booking was made. Are we eligible for the additional OBC we would receive for a balcony as opposed to the credit for an inside cabin? (Only a difference of $25 pp, but just curious as to how it works.) Thanks!

That is a great question I've wondered about. If you go to your cruise personalizer and click on the Payments & Credits tab for that cruise, it will say how much your OBC is. Please report back if you don't mind.

Our cruise personalizer doesn't reflect the higher OBC. I called Princess and was told that since these upsells were such good deals, we wouldn't be able to get the additional credit. I could understand if the offer was a true upgrade, but since we are paying for the upsell, and were bumped up to a higher cabin type, it seemed like we should receive the corresponding credit. Like I said, not a big difference, but it could be for others if jumping from an inside to a suite!

Our cruise personalizer doesn't reflect the higher OBC. I called Princess and was told that since these upsells were such good deals, we wouldn't be able to get the additional credit. I could understand if the offer was a true upgrade, but since we are paying for the upsell, and were bumped up to a higher cabin type, it seemed like we should receive the corresponding credit. Like I said, not a big difference, but it could be for others if jumping from an inside to a suite!

Darn it!

No! The upsell email lists this in the fine print:

" Future Cruise Deposit program Onboard Credit (OBC) does not increase as a result of acceptance of this offer. If the promotion you are booked on has varying amenities by stateroom type, the amenities provided will be based on the category booked and paid for prior to purchasing this exclusive upgrade offer."

We once took an upsell to a full suite and never got the double cruise credit for it so I guess it doesn't apply to that either!

" Future Cruise Deposit program Onboard Credit (OBC) does not increase as a result of acceptance of this offer. If the promotion you are booked on has varying amenities by stateroom type, the amenities provided will be based on the category booked and paid for prior to purchasing this exclusive upgrade offer."

We once took an upsell to a full suite and never got the double cruise credit for it so I guess it doesn't apply to that either!

Interesting since we still have to pay the difference in the travel protection.

Grand on November 13th, offered a mini from our premium balcony $259 per person. We passed because the minis were aft or forward. Our caribe deck balcony is mid ship. Plus the balcony is bigger. I didn't need a room with bath tub. I like showers.

I’m not sure about the onboard credit situation when using a future cruise credit but, if paid gratuities were included with the original cabin, you will also be responsible for any difference in the gratuity amount.

One good thing, if taking an upsell to a suite, is that you will get credit for 2 cruises. Chances are this will not be done automatically, but the Captain’s Circle Rep on board should take care of it.

I’m not sure about the onboard credit situation when using a future cruise credit but, if paid gratuities were included with the original cabin, you will also be responsible for any difference in the gratuity amount.

One good thing, if taking an upsell to a suite, is that you will get credit for 2 cruises. Chances are this will not be done automatically, but the Captain’s Circle Rep on board should take care of it.

I just did an upsell from balcony to minisuite with gratuities included in original booking. It is showing the new amount of gratuities prepaid, so it looks like for some promotions they will still be included even with the upsell.

We received and accepted an upsell from a premium view to a window suite. We were told by cruise critic members to ask for the double cruise credits. We asked the captain's circle rep onboard, who claimed she couldn't do it and to call when we got home. Once home, we called and were denied. After much home discussion, we decided to call again as it wasn't an upgrade, it was an upsell and we paid for the room. A couple phone calls later, we both received our extra cruise credit. It took perseverance on our parts, insistence and whining, but we got them.

You will/would have to do the same if you want the extra cruise credit.

Please excuse my ignorance here, but how does one go about seeing if you can get an upsell, we are located in Australia and going on a 28 night cruise next March, how far out do they offer them?

We received an offer last year for the 20 night Sun Princess PNG cruise we did. The offer came a week before departure date. It was from an inside cabin to a balcony at AU $1299pp, which was way too expensive for us.

I just did an upsell from balcony to minisuite with gratuities included in original booking. It is showing the new amount of gratuities prepaid, so it looks like for some promotions they will still be included even with the upsell.

That’s interesting! My booking shows Paid Gratuities for guests 1&2, but no amount. The upsell agent told me I would be responsible for the additional $1/pp/day. We’ll see what happens. :)

We received and accepted an upsell from a premium view to a window suite. We were told by cruise critic members to ask for the double cruise credits. We asked the captain's circle rep onboard, who claimed she couldn't do it and to call when we got home. Once home, we called and were denied. After much home discussion, we decided to call again as it wasn't an upgrade, it was an upsell and we paid for the room. A couple phone calls later, we both received our extra cruise credit. It took perseverance on our parts, insistence and whining, but we got them.

You will/would have to do the same if you want the extra cruise credit.

The Captain’s Circle on board told me that as long as it is a paid upgrade, 2 credits are given. This was a couple of years ago, not too long, I think, after the upsells began. She just added an additional cruise to our history but with 0 extra days.

Hope I don’t have to work too hard this time!

That’s interesting! My booking shows Paid Gratuities for guests 1&2, but no amount. The upsell agent told me I would be responsible for the additional $1/pp/day. We’ll see what happens. :)

fingers crossed. My upsell was so great I'd still be willing to pay the extra $1/day though.....but not if I don't have to! :-)

fingers crossed. My upsell was so great I'd still be willing to pay the extra $1/day though.....but not if I don't have to! :-)

:D Not a problem at all, but I don’t want to pay, either, if I don’t have to!

I had an upsell from a balcony..(and the cheapest balcony on board) to a full suite....It was an inexpensive upsell and I was ecstatic...We ended up have some serious family problems and as it turned out, the suite was a God send...We had double credits without a problem...It was a wonderful cruise...

w

I had an upsell from a balcony..(and the cheapest balcony on board) to a full suite....It was an inexpensive upsell and I was ecstatic...We ended up have some serious family problems and as it turned out, the suite was a God send...We had double credits without a problem...It was a wonderful cruise... w

Good old Princess...they are nothing if not "consistent" with their inconsistencies. I asked onboard and called when we got home about the double credits for the suite upsell. I was told no both times. Not a huge deal - we are elite anyways so not really going to make a difference to us. However, I am starting to get a little ticked about the fact that Princess has so many inconsistent policies around so many things lately!!!

I just took an upsell offer for $149 pp from a premium balcony to a mini-suite on the Regal, Dec. 17th, 11 day Christmas cruise. This is probably my 3rd offer like this. I have over 17 cruises and I have had a few free upgrades too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just took an upsell offer for $149 pp from a premium balcony to a mini-suite on the Regal, Dec. 17th, 11 day Christmas cruise. This is probably my 3rd offer like this. I have over 17 cruises and I have had a few free upgrades too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like a great deal! Enjoy your Christmas cruise!