Latest Upsell Offers

CineGraphic

Hi friends: I'm new to Princess and have lots of questions.. we booked Emerald Princess for Hawaii in Oct/18 .. mini suite . now my question is the cruise has gone down $500 from what we have paid in the beginning each.. we were offer in the beginning the drink pkg plus one free special dining.. now also its says come back and we don't pay gratuities .. does that mean for people who already sailed on Princess or is that for anyone sailing on princess.. My husband and I aren't big drinkers and just wonder would it be wise to take advantage of cheaper rite and don't pay gratuities if we are entitle to it.. thanks friends..

Hi friends: I'm new to Princess and have lots of questions.. we booked Emerald Princess for Hawaii in Oct/18 .. mini suite . now my question is the cruise has gone down $500 from what we have paid in the beginning each.. we were offer in the beginning the drink pkg plus one free special dining.. now also its says come back and we don't pay gratuities .. does that mean for people who already sailed on Princess or is that for anyone sailing on princess.. My husband and I aren't big drinkers and just wonder would it be wise to take advantage of cheaper rite and don't pay gratuities if we are entitle to it.. thanks friends..

Yes open to everyone. You can have it re-fared but will loose drink package and anything else tied to that booking. Make sure if you change to lower price and free gratuities that it is not a non refundable deal.

You will love this cruise...enjoy

Am sailing solo, Island Princess May 16 Whittier to Seward.

Recieved upsell offer from Inside Guarantee to Balcony for $329.

Then read the fine print: Single occupancy pays 200%.

Is this what Princess normally does for upsell offers to solos? Puts only half the actual cost in the body of the e-mail even though they know perfectly well the offeree is a single occupant?

I don;t mean for this to sound like a protest as I am very happy with the deal I got when booking--so much so I am sailing back on Golden after staying on land three days. But to add nearly 50% of my original fare even for a two-level meta-upgrade seems like a waste--and would substantially water down the benefit of the perks from the Anniversary Sale.

If you are offered an up-sell, do you keep the perks that you already have with your original booking?

Curious. What if you booked an inside room on the Sip and Sail promotion, and then upsell to a balcony? Would the drink package then become active on your booking?

Then read the fine print: Single occupancy pays 200%.

Is this what Princess normally does for upsell offers to solos? Puts only half the actual cost in the body of the e-mail even though they know perfectly well the offeree is a single occupant?

Although the parts above and below the box with the offer are personalized with your information, the part with the offer appears to be generic.

We're not taking the offer for our cruise on the Star Princess, May 16, Whittier to Vancouver. Upsell offer today is from Inside to Balcony:

This special upgrade opportunity is available for just $479 USD/person.

Although the parts above and below the box with the offer are personalized with your information, the part with the offer appears to be generic.

We're not taking the offer for our cruise on the Star Princess, May 16, Whittier to Vancouver. Upsell offer today is from Inside to Balcony:

This special upgrade opportunity is available for just $479 USD/person.

We got the same offer for our Whittier to Vancouver cruise on the Star. That's not going to happen; such a deal. Are you taking a land tour first? If not, one of us will either be there extremely early or miss the boat. :)

We got the same offer for our Whittier to Vancouver cruise on the Star. That's not going to happen; such a deal. Are you taking a land tour first? If not, one of us will either be there extremely early or miss the boat. :)

Nope, not taking a land tour (I live here in Alaska), just put in the wrong date! I've been doing that with this cruise and not sure why!

If you are offered an up-sell, do you keep the perks that you already have with your original booking?

Just today I found out it's a big NO. I took an upsell and lost my perks, So I paid an extra $2100 for the upgrade and lost hundreds in OBC and Gratuity on the 3 for free so the upgrade was more like $3000. So sorry I took it now.

Just today I found out it's a big NO. I took an upsell and lost my perks, So I paid an extra $2100 for the upgrade and lost hundreds in OBC and Gratuity on the 3 for free so the upgrade was more like $3000. So sorry I took it now.

Call them back!!! It has got to be a mistake. I've taken 3 upsells and have always kept all of of perks and OBC. I've always gotten the better cabin and usually some kind of new perk with the upsell like a balcony breakfast.

I have accepted several upsell offers and have never lost the original booking perks.

According to another thread, it seems that the rules were recently changed.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

So we were just offered this:

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO OUR VALUED GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN INSIDE STATEROOM (cat.IA-IF) ON THE MAY 19, 2018 SAILING OF CARIBBEAN PRINCESS.

Treat yourself by upgrading your accommodations to a BALCONY STATEROOM and enjoy the added space where you can relax outside and experience the unforgettable views.

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING (rates are in addition to fare already paid) Balcony (Cat B1-BF) - $179 USD/$260 CAD* per person**

Is this a good deal?

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO OUR VALUED GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN INSIDE STATEROOM (cat.IA-IF) ON THE MAY 19, 2018 SAILING OF CARIBBEAN PRINCESS.

Treat yourself by upgrading your accommodations to a BALCONY STATEROOM and enjoy the added space where you can relax outside and experience the unforgettable views.

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING (rates are in addition to fare already paid) Balcony (Cat B1-BF) - $179 USD/$260 CAD* per person**

Is this a good deal?

Make sure that you don't lose your current on board perks and any OBC if you do accept this.

As long as you don't lose that, personally I think it's a great idea to go from an inside to a balcony.

Is this a good deal?

Really depends. It seems like a good deal. Personally, if I was keeping all my perks and OBC from the original booking, I'd take it. Just double, triple check that you won't be losing anything by taking this upgrade and paying more. Sounds like there's been a case of someone losing perks/OBC recently by taking the upsell. Good luck and happy cruising!!

Is this a good deal?

I think so for a 7 night cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is this a good deal?

It depends on your original booking. Currently a balcony on this cruise is selling for only $80pp more than an inside cabin! Of course, you may have paid less for your inside cabin or you may be able to retain some great perks from your original booking. With no perks involved, the current selling price for a balcony cabin on this cruise is $798.

Verify that you will retain all perks as this statement doesn't say anything about them.

According to another thread, it seems that the rules were recently changed.

We took an upsell just last night from an interior to a balcony and kept our original OBC and gratuities.

cruzsnooze who posted above about losing perks when took an "upsell" from a mini to a suite, started a thread about this.

The description from cruzsnooze in the thread was strange...a phone call from "big box" TA and accepted the offer without getting the offer in an email. Claims there's no written documentation. Claims Princess refused to consider or discuss.

It sounded more like a paid upgrade than an upsell. Also, sounded like a TA error or effort to get a bigger commission.

moki'smommy where did you see that price? I need to start shopping there!

When I looked it was around $1070 for a balcony cabin on our sailing. We ended up paying a total of $736 for the balcony. An inside is now $723, we paid $557 when we booked it two weeks ago. We had no perks to lose.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback it really helped us make the decision. We are so excited!

moki'smommy where did you see that price? I need to start shopping there!

When I looked it was around $1070 for a balcony cabin on our sailing. We ended up paying a total of $736 for the balcony. An inside is now $723, we paid $557 originally. We had no perks to lose.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback it really helped us make the decision. We are so excited!

I pulled it up on the Princess site right after I saw your post. I remembered that I'd seen this cruise as one of the "drop and go" specials.