Low Carb Dieting

jesskuhmarie

Still going strong! I like the ideal protein but found another that looks good too and you can have cheese! Ketogenic success fb group. Still low carb. Less strict. Will keep doing what I'm doing until I plateau then mat switch it up. The last 2 weeks I've only lost 1 lbs each week but it's still a loss and have lost inches too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still going strong! I like the ideal protein but found another that looks good too and you can have cheese! Ketogenic success fb group. Still low carb. Less strict. Will keep doing what I'm doing until I plateau then mat switch it up. The last 2 weeks I've only lost 1 lbs each week but it's still a loss and have lost inches too!

I agree with you Tracy - slow and steady - I have lost sooooo many inches - and finally can say I have lost 61 POF (Pounds of fat) in 11 months - that is about 1.35 POF per week - will take that! I am going for the same goal this year - 1.25 POF per week - that is still 65 POF total per year - I only need to lose about 50 POF so all totaled that will be 112 GONE!

Way to go! I upped my fat a little and amazingly have been losing almost a pound a day. Added bullet proof coffee. Coffee with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of kerrygold butter. I add a little heavy cream and truvia too. Gives me tons of energy

Way to go! I upped my fat a little and amazingly have been losing almost a pound a day. Added bullet proof coffee. Coffee with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of kerrygold butter. I add a little heavy cream and truvia too. Gives me tons of energy

WOW - Good for you- 1 POF gone per day is great! :)

Unfortunately Coconut and I don't get along - it is one of my few allergies - so I use butter and heavy whipping cream - LOVE BPC -

Have it in the mornings while cruising instead of breakfast some times

Here another 'tactic' I use in the MDR - while my dinner companions fill up on rolls and butter before dinner - I just eat a serving of butter - ups my fats and helps to satisfy me before I eat - so I eat less!

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY dropped the last 4 POF to say that I am down 70 POF to start 2017 - my goal this year is to drop another 40 POF and then just maintain!

Happy New Year and hope you all make your goals and have a great cruising year!

Wow! That's fantastic. Way to go! I'm in a plateau. Trying not to get discouraged

Tracy - I had many many plateaus over the last year = hang in there - :o

It seems like me body would just hold the weight like, "NO I WILL NOT GIVE UP THE POUNDS" then all of a sudden "Whosh" 2 more POF gone! :)

We leave for B2B on Liberty out of Galveston this week so I know I will not lose - but with my WOE I will not gain anything more than water-weight and it drops off in about 1 week! :D

I hope you have a fantastic time? Do you drink on the cruise! I don't drink a lot but will on my cruise and that's what will mess things up but I plan to continue this woe and back to no alcohol after the cruise

Tracy, you might find this helpful!:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/alcohol

p.s. Coincidence- we are on the cruise with you in 2018, and also on the cruise with Audrilee (Esahuma) later this year! Low carb people are everywhere!

-Pam

Pam - I have studied that page and usually do 1 glass of wine at dinner - Champagne in D+ lounge (1 carb) and for my drink of choice: 2 shot of vodka on the rocks with lime and a little zero sprite!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got home from 19 days including B2B on Liberty out of Galveston - maintained my WOE and Intermittent Fasting (IF) for the entire time - only ate breakfast 2 times and lunch 3 times during the entire vacation!

Did something that I have NEVER done before -stepped on the scale this morning before my water pill and only gained 5 pounds - know that is all water weight and will drop off in the next 2 days! Even looking for a little more loss!

Last cruise I lost the 5 pounds + 2 pounds by the 5 days after coming home from the trip!~

See - it can be done - LCHF cruising WITHOUT going off WOE!

I know this thread started a year ago, but I just wanted to say that I lost 60 lbs. on a low carb diet that I started in January 2015. I lost it in 11 months. Not too quickly, but consistently. I also gave myself a treat once a week, i.e. a large slice of pizza, Mexican or Chinese food, etc. And always ate it away from home.

That included a cruise and combined twelve day vacation to Boston after I had lost fifty pounds. I managed to gain just a few pounds and got right back on track when I got home.

I've been able to keep it off within a few pounds. I'd love to lose another eight lbs. just to give myself some leeway.

For me, lowering my carb intake has definitely been the secret to my success. I think that I'm going to need to keep my carbs very moderate for the rest of my life, but also allowing for special dinners, etc.

Best wishes to anyone embarking on low carbs! It works!

Hey everyone!

I'm currently trying somewhat of a low carb diet (I just can't seem to give up all the fruit!), but I haven't ate any bread, starches, or added sugars in about 2 weeks. I really want to do a pure ketogenic LCHF diet, but it's hard when my job forces me to eat out daily (if not multiple times a day when I'm out of town!) I've lost 15 pounds since the beginning of February, and hoping to lose another 30 before my cruise in May! I have a total of around 60 more to lose.

I'm also not really exercising at the moment due to my work schedule (I'm a CPA smack in the middle of busy season). I'm trying to add more activity throughout my day and doing sets of 10 squats when I think of it haha! But I plan to definitely get back in the gym regular at the beginning of April when my crazy hours slow down.

First, I'd love to hear from anyone else who has done a low carb diet. In the past I've always just counted calories, have lost up to 40 lbs a few time before, but always gained it back as it seemed like I had to drastically cut calories to the point I was miserable to lose weight or even maintain.

Also, I hope someone has some experience with doing a low carb diet, and then going on a cruise and treating yourself to non diet things :) I have had absolutely no bread or starches for the past two weeks and want to continue this for at least a month, at which point I will probably start allowing myself to have them one day a week. But on the cruise, while I plan to be more sensible that I would have been in the past, I really want to enjoy myself and try all the yummy foods I love (the idea of pizza, blue cantina, and guy's burgers on a ship has me drooling - I've only cruised once before and it was a small Norwegian ship with basically just a buffet and dining room)

So my question is, am I going to feel miserable or have an upset stomach if I eat bread and other carbs daily that week?

Thanks everyone! I look forward to participating here over the next few months.

Welcome to our cc forum Lindsey - kinda small but we all have one thing in common - CARBS are definitely our 'downfall'

My body rebels against carbs so I just tend to leave them alone - too many other good things to eat like BACON - avocados - cream cheese - sour cream and oh yes - my go to snack "ChiChironis" - or pork skins!

• 1 month later...

Really wanted to lose more POF (pounds of fat) since getting home on 1 Feb - but I will take it - the inches continue to drop and I have celebrated 1 year with my WOE (way of eating) - People ask me if I "CHEAT" but I reply that my 'cheat' days include a glass of wine or two - have not have refined carbs - sugar or processed foods of any kind for 13 months now and 74 POF GONE~! I feel great!

We are packed and ready to leave tomorrow for our drive to LAX - night flight to Sydney - we arrive at 0745 Friday - lose a day - we will be on Radiance B3b for 39 days and a total of 46 days for entire trip - we arrive home May 6th! Then the next cruises up will be B3B on Jewel beginning on 16 Oct - 19 Nov :)

Will try to keep in touch via internet on Radiance - but you know that can be sketchy at times!

I need a kick in the a$$!! Less than 5 months til cruise and almost 30lbs to go! I need to get back to tracking. Guesstimating wasn't working

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I have only lost 5 POF before this cruise - my WOE did not change - but I did not do as much intermittent fasting(IF) - carbs were below 10 per day -

Total weight lost in the last 14 months 75 POF GONE! We get home from this cruise beginning of May so I will have 5 months to lose the next 25 - that will be 5 pof per month or 1.25 per week! We got this! :D

Greetings from day 9 of 13 on Radiance - We have had great weather for our first 16 days but today we got rain for our Akoara Harbor/Dolphin Cruise - BUT we did see Dolphins

Dunedin has been cancelled due to high winds in the Harbor tomorrow - and due to the Typhoon damage to Airlie Beach - the Great Barrier Reef is also cancelled - oh well - roll with the weather - :)

At least we are still cruisin' and having fun! :)

Doing well with LCHF WOE - following Intermittent Fasting for about 18 hrs at a time and one full day - have only had breakfast 1 out of 16 days - bacon and eggs (love that English Bacon)

Did have a nightcap 2 nights in a row and discovered that they are about 20 carbs ech - that is going to stop! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, back to this WOE after a frustrating two months on WW followed by an equally frustrating two months on Nutrisystem. Net loss from WW: zero. Net loss from NS: 5 pounds. I'm done clowning around. I lost 60 pounds on low carb two years ago, was floating along at about 30 pounds higher than I want to be, and thought WW and NS would do the trick. I've now gained and lost and regained the same 5-10 pounds more times than I can count. It really seems as though the only way I can lose is by cutting carbs to ketogenic levels. I know I'm in for a rough week but here goes! I've got a freezer full of NS foods to spur me on- boy was that expensive and boy was I starving. Forget it! 61 days until my cruise- I can do this! :)

Hi everyone, back to this WOE after a frustrating two months on WW followed by an equally frustrating two months on Nutrisystem. Net loss from WW: zero. Net loss from NS: 5 pounds. I'm done clowning around. I lost 60 pounds on low carb two years ago, was floating along at about 30 pounds higher than I want to be, and thought WW and NS would do the trick. I've now gained and lost and regained the same 5-10 pounds more times than I can count. It really seems as though the only way I can lose is by cutting carbs to ketogenic levels. I know I'm in for a rough week but here goes! I've got a freezer full of NS foods to spur me on- boy was that expensive and boy was I starving. Forget it! 61 days until my cruise- I can do this! :)

You've got this covered - stick with the foods you know that work for you - first two weeks are the hardest and then the rest is just intermittent fasting and low carbs - high fats! ;)

So happy to have found this thread. I've lost weight over the years, only to gain it back PLUS an additional 20-30. I've done Medifast, WW, South Beach, you name it. I had some success with Whole 30 and Paleo, and that felt the closest to sanity, but for me being able to have fruit and things like Larabars is just a gateway for me wanting to eat an entire cake. So, I need to cut all types of sugar. For now. I've got at least 100 pounds to lose.

After doing a lot of reading and research, I started a LCHF/Keto diet this morning. I'm planning on implementing Intermittent Fasting as well. 16/8 to start. Maybe longer once I've got the hang of this. I'm hoping it will help calm my crazy sugar brain, keep me full, and help me to release all this weight.

Excited to share this journey with you! And hear about your success!!!

Much love!!!

Christine

So happy to have found this thread. I've lost weight over the years, only to gain it back PLUS an additional 20-30. I've done Medifast, WW, South Beach, you name it. I had some success with Whole 30 and Paleo, and that felt the closest to sanity, but for me being able to have fruit and things like Larabars is just a gateway for me wanting to eat an entire cake. So, I need to cut all types of sugar. For now. I've got at least 100 pounds to lose.

After doing a lot of reading and research, I started a LCHF/Keto diet this morning. I'm planning on implementing Intermittent Fasting as well. 16/8 to start. Maybe longer once I've got the hang of this. I'm hoping it will help calm my crazy sugar brain, keep me full, and help me to release all this weight.

Excited to share this journey with you! And hear about your success!!!

Much love!!!

Christine

Don't worry about intermittent fasting yet! It'll come after a couple weeks, but your body needs to learn it's new fuel source first. You've got this!! When's your next cruise?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

those of you on keto, do you stay keto on the cruise? Do you take the week off? I usually cheat on vacation and feel like crap. Wondering if cruise food lends itself to low carb or a happy medium.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk