Excursion to Torres del Paine National Park

notjaded

Has anyone done a one-day ship's excursion from Punta Areana, flying into Puerto Natales, and visiting the Torres del Paine National Park? If so, I would appreciate any comments you might offer about the value of the excursion and whether you would recommend it. Many thanks!

Has anyone done a one-day ship's excursion from Punta Areana, flying into Puerto Natales, and visiting the Torres del Paine National Park? If so, I would appreciate any comments you might offer about the value of the excursion and whether you would recommend it. Many thanks!

Torres Del Paine NP is a long distance from Punta Arenas and there's a better excursion. I'd recommend seeing Magdalena Island via high speed boat or ferry. Depending on your time of year, you'll see thousands of Penguins (Feb/March timeframe) raising their young. We used the high speed boat via private charter and arrived 45 minutes before the ferry that the cruise line uses. Also, our van load of folks paid half the rate of the ship plus extra time on the island. We also had time to visit Punta Arenas and get a few trinkets. Check Trip Advisor and CC for tour guides - as our trip was 2010 so couldn't recommend a tour guide for 2016/2017 cruise.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdalena_Island,_Magallanes_Region

Edited by ComputerTravelGuy

We took a full one day bus tour into Torres del Paine from Puerto Natales. It was interesting but to me with less time because of your flight and much more money I would look at another option.

Thank you for sharing your experience and insights!

• 1 month later...

Dear notjaded, I am also trying to manage a RT day from Punta Arenas to Torres Del Paine. Our cruise has an excursion but it is prohibitively expensive. It is a total gamble wi no guarantees that the weather will cooperate but I MUST try to get there. Did you have any luck?

Dear notjaded, I am also trying to manage a RT day from Punta Arenas to Torres Del Paine. Our cruise has an excursion but it is prohibitively expensive. It is a total gamble wi no guarantees that the weather will cooperate but I MUST try to get there. Did you have any luck?

We are booked on a VERY expensive excursion with a flight. Afraid there is no other way if you Must get there. :)

Oh so sorry to hear that. I know, Seabourn's excursion is $1200 per person. My dream has been to go for a week there but alas...don't think that will transpire. When were you there? Were you weather-lucky enough to see the massif? Was the expense worth it?

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the reminder!

Unfortunately, my wife fell ill and was was not up for the 12-hour itinerary of this excursion. Our neighbors went and they enjoyed it. There were very high winds at the port and airport, and that created a white-knuckle experience for those on the plane.

I’m pleased to report that since there were so many on the waitlist, we got our payment refunded. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2017 at 3:32 PM, notjaded said:

We loved it from the ship and went back on our own last year .

IMG_7013%201_zps2gelkhdv.jpg

IMG_8711_zps0kqsz0pp.jpg

You can see lots of photos and our review here beginning with post # 66 .

On 3/5/2020 at 3:17 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

We loved it from the ship and went back on our own last year .

IMG_7013%201_zps2gelkhdv.jpg

IMG_8711_zps0kqsz0pp.jpg

You can see lots of photos and our review here beginning with post # 66 .

Thank you so much for sharing the link to your spectacular review! We just booked a South America cruise. Unfortunately, we have almost a 2 year wait. But it's never too early to plan, right?!

2 hours ago, Sea42 said:

Thank you so much for sharing the link to your spectacular review! We just booked a South America cruise. Unfortunately, we have almost a 2 year wait. But it's never too early to plan, right?!

Thank you . We do love to plan also . We went South America and Antarctica last year with a pre cruise stay in Patagonia that was spectacular .

IMG_7313_zpsssxvsy1a.jpg

You can find that travelogue here :

• Like 1