Adonia - is she going again?

cruiser1955

I trust that you remember the last time they did this. They cancelled the TA repositioning cruise thus disappointing a whole load of passengers. Every thing was very secret until the last minute announcements. I think you are right that there is no hard evidence but there is plenty of speculative evidence that could indicate that they are going to do the same thing again. We are booked on for the end of September and so we shall be watching with interest to see, if it does happen, what compensatory offers we will get.

If i was booked on Adonia looking at the new brochure which shows nothing after February 23 i would be concerned and want an explanation ASAP.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

If i was booked on Adonia looking at the new brochure which shows nothing after February 23 i would be concerned and want an explanation ASAP.

TA's are reporting that all cruises on Adonia up until March 19. are still available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

February of what year!? 😕

The only cruises NOT showing on the website are from the end of March 2019, not 2018. That is the time period that this is about. All her cruises for 2018 are available.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

February of what year!? 😕

The only cruises NOT showing on the website are from the end of March 2019, not 2018. That is the time period that this is about. All her cruises for 2018 are available.

So why aren't they shown in the new brochure, in the complete list of cruises at the back, even though they had been shown in the previous brochure that came out some six months ago? P&O ought surely to have known that this would cause much speculation and alarm.

We are booked on her on 6th May so I hope she is still with P & O then.

If you are booked on her in May then there is no problem.

The only oddity at the moment is the fact that her cruises aren't on the P&O website for 2019, from April onwards.

P&O have told us they are simply still working out her itineraries for that period. It has nothing to do with 2018 cruises.

The only oddity at the moment is the fact that her cruises aren't on the P&O website for 2019, from April onwards.

P&O have told us they are simply still working out her itineraries for that period. It has nothing to do with 2018 cruises.

What is causing people concern is that, though the 2018 cruises are still shown on the website, unlike those for all P&O's other ships they are no longer shown at the back of the latest brochure, the last Adonia cruise being shown there being her repositioning cruise back from the Caribbean in March 2018.

What is causing people concern is that, though the 2018 cruises are still shown on the website, unlike those for all P&O's other ships they are no longer shown at the back of the latest brochure, the last Adonia cruise being shown there being her repositioning cruise back from the Caribbean in March 2018.

Not sure which brochure you have access to, but the one we have is dated July 2017 to March 2019 and in that one every single ship only goes to March 2019.

I was going by the reports on Facebook that the 2018 cruises aren't showing in some brochures. Not that I normally believe all the rumours that go around.

Not sure which brochure you have access to, but the one we have is dated July 2017 to March 2019 and in that one every single ship only goes to March 2019.

The brochure that does not list Adonia cruises after February 2018 is the new one that was issued on Monday and that is January 2018 to October 2019.

The brochure sent out direct from P&O showed every other ships itineraries but Adonia only up to 23 February 2018.

The brochure sent out direct from P&O showed every other ships itineraries but Adonia only up to 23 February 2018.

The one we have takes her to the cruise dated 9th March lasting 21 nights, with her ending up in Southampton.

So why aren't they shown in the new brochure, in the complete list of cruises at the back, even though they had been shown in the previous brochure that came out some six months ago? P&O ought surely to have known that this would cause much speculation and alarm.

If I then quote Cruisepuss "The one we have takes her to the cruise dated 9th March lasting 21 nights, with her ending up in Southampton", perhaps you are looking at the old brochure which is what is causing so much consternation.

Perhaps, just for once, the diehard P&O champions on this board could just stop being in total denial about any wrong doing on the part of P&O and accept that there just might be a chance that they are going to dump her yet again.

I hope not as we are booked on her for the end of next year but I wouldn't be shocked if it proved to be the case.

Yes if people made comments when something happened and not when people pass on rumours or in this case put 2 and 2 together and get 7.

So we have had sky news going, Oriana going, no booze to be brought on board and now Adonia going. Anyone think of any more.

Yes, ye olde Aurora and Oriana going to P&O Australia, 6 berth family cabins to be retrofitted increasing pax capacity to 3000. Waterslides to be installed up top. lol.:halo:

No formal nights, shorts, T shirts and thongs acceptable 24/7.

Yes, ye olde Aurora and Oriana going to P&O Australia, 6 berth family cabins to be retrofitted increasing pax capacity to 3000. Waterslides to be installed up top. lol.:halo:

No formal nights, shorts, T shirts and thongs acceptable 24/7.

Sorry they don't count as rumours as they are true.

:). :). :).

I truly hope D812/D813 are sailing, June 3 and June 19, 2018. I have just forked out several thousand dollars on 2 business class return airfares with Cathay Pacific, Sydney to Heefrow.:eek:

Maybe I should book another couple of Princess cruises from Southampton as a back up? :loudcry: In case I get the 'Dear John' letter from P&O?:loudcry:

Those are in the brochure! It's 2019 they are talking about! We are sailing on her on March 30th 2018.

This is OK as it's 2018, not 2019, which is the period we are discussing.

Edited by Cruise Puss

If I then quote Cruisepuss "The one we have takes her to the cruise dated 9th March lasting 21 nights, with her ending up in Southampton", perhaps you are looking at the old brochure which is what is causing so much consternation.

Perhaps, just for once, the diehard P&O champions on this board could just stop being in total denial about any wrong doing on the part of P&O and accept that there just might be a chance that they are going to dump her yet again.

I hope not as we are booked on her for the end of next year but I wouldn't be shocked if it proved to be the case.

It was sent to us by P&O in July this year, plus we brought one back from our cruise on Adonia in August.

Frankly it doesn't matter what any brochure says, it only matters if they are on the website, and they all are upto the end of March 2019.

Edited by Cruise Puss

We were among those who had our cruise on Adonia cancelled when she went to Fathom. We were supposed to be on the cruise that sailed back to Southampton but of course P&O didn't want her in Southampton. We were all told about "exciting news about Adonia" - yes very exciting - oh by the way your cruise is cancelled. What we got in compensation was £100 off another cruise. Of course when this happened we had to book something else, by which time lots of things weren't available. We always book early to get the best choice of cabins and also, usually to get good on board credit. We still wanted to go to the Caribbean but had to book a fly cruise when we'd wanted to avoid that horrible overnight flight back. So we ended up with a fly cruise, both ways. We would usually book Premium Seats on the plane but of course by that time they'd all been booked. Not happy! We have looked at the new offerings for Summer 2019 but nothing particularly appeals so we hope that Adonia's future is still going to be with P&O but we're not holding our breath.

If I then quote Cruisepuss "The one we have takes her to the cruise dated 9th March lasting 21 nights, with her ending up in Southampton", perhaps you are looking at the old brochure which is what is causing so much consternation...

Nope, it's Cruisepuss who has the old brochure. The latest one, which only came out within the last week, has on the cover "January 2018 - October 2019". Not only does it not show any new cruises for Adonia, unlike for the other ships, but those subsequent to February 2018 that were in the previous brochure have been removed from the list of all cruises for each ship that appears at the back. Though those removed cruises are still shown on the website, it's understandable that people are concerned, especially as P&O currently seem to be unwilling or unable to provide an explanation.

Nope, it's Cruisepuss who has the old brochure. The latest one, which only came out within the last week, has on the cover "January 2018 - October 2019". Not only does it not show any new cruises for Adonia, unlike for the other ships, but those subsequent to February 2018 that were in the previous brochure have been removed from the list of all cruises for each ship that appears at the back. Though those removed cruises are still shown on the website, it's understandable that people are concerned, especially as P&O currently seem to be unwilling or unable to provide an explanation.

Sorry, but as I've already said we picked one up on Adonia in August, plus P&O sent us one, after the third request, in July. It was on our doormat when we got back from Adonia on the 18th August. We then had two which are exactly the same.

As I have also said, it actually is irrelevant what brochures say anyway as the main thing to check regarding any cruise line is the website, and all the ships have cruises available up to and including the end of March 2019.