Should Princess Make Hull Artwork Unique to Each Ship?

need2cruisesoon

I am changing my earlier post. I just saw ISLAND departing PE after its recent dry dock in Freeport. When I have seen pictures, the bow painting looks odd, but both wife and I like the Sea Witch painting on the bow and it looks best from more of a side view than head on. So, I am happy with it, but would not like different art work and such. Island was looking pretty spiffy today. Wish I could have been on it for BVE today.

Mr Steelers,

What do think about having a Patriots’ flag on the side of the ship for the Super Bowl Champions...:):):)

Go Patriots!!!!

Tony

I think the Team that has won the MOST Super bowls would be more appropriate.

Im not against artwork, but I don’t think it agrees with the classy image that Princess wants to portray. On NCL it works well because of their casual, freestyle image. But I’m not so sure that it would work on Princess

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally I think the hull seawitch design is ugly. I much prefer a nice white hull. The NCL ships have to be the most godawful looking vessels on the high seas today..

Actually only one is godawful. Epic.

The rest are completely fine... for NCL.

But I agree Princess should not copy cat. One of the best massmarket lines.

I liked the look of the clean white hull and would not have voted to spend the money to paint all ships in fleet with these waves or Sea Witch hair. I'd rather Princess spent that on maintaining higher quality food items.

I don’t think Princess spends fortune on “witches”, and company maintains very high quality and great variety of foo.

Reminds me of the "art" on U-Haul Vans. I prefer the clean - all white hull.

Ha, I had never thought it the U-Haul vans until I read your comment! So true!

I have yet to see a Princess ship in person that has been repainted with the bow hair, but from the pictures, it looks very distinctive. Definitely can’t confuse a Princess ship with any others now, or at least once they have all been repainted.

And No, they should not have U-Haul art on the bows, especially since Princess ships really do travel the world versus staying in a set region. Does NCL repaint the bow every time a ship changes homeports?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
I like this artwork

9a739dc7ecb58f0ebd1b2e37fbe91b47.jpg

Personally, the word I would use to describe how I feel about that art work is "despise". It is hideous and tacky beyond belief. I liked the plain white hull with just the name of the ship. I didn't see the need for Princess to change and put on their Sea Witch logo (have you seen what it looks like from head on?).

Personally, the word I would use to describe how I feel about that art work is "despise". It is hideous and tacky beyond belief. I liked the plain white hull with just the name of the ship. I didn't see the need for Princess to change and put on their Sea Witch logo (have you seen what it looks like from head on?).

Totally agree with you!

Here is my prediction for the future: Cruise ships will have advertising painted on the sides, like city busses. Can't you just picture a big beautiful ship with Diamonds International painted on the side? Oh the horror!!