Live from the Seaside April 7, 2018

maureencruiser

Hello, everyone. This is my first time on the Seaside, although I've been on Divina a few times.

I booked this cruise back in January 2016 when the ship was still just a gleam in the designer's eye.

I'm traveling solo this time, which I've done before. When I booked it, this cruise was supposed to go to MSC's new private island, which, unfortunately , is still under construction.

I booked an inside cabin, Bella experience, with a complimentary all inclusive drink package. I'm about six drinks in, so, time to start posting! ;p

I have a new laptop, which I really don't know how to use, a new phone, which I really don't know how to use and if you've been in the photo or test forums the last two days, you may have seen me struggling to post photos.

I just recently found out all my photos have disappeared from my previous reviews, which may be a blessing if some of you saw my Cozumel Bar Hop photos from my Rhapsody cruise. ;) I still don't know how I got them past Bob the censor. :halo:

So, bear with me as I try to do this review. If I stop posting, know that it's not from lack of trying, although it may be from a surplus of tequila. :')

I flew out of Lynchburg, VA Friday and I decided to just have a casual, relaxing cruise this time. I actually managed to fit all my belongings in just a carry on bag and a personal item.

IMG_0560-M.jpg

My first stop was Charlotte, NC where I found a photo of myself returning to my cabin after a hard day of d̶r̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ cruising.

IMG_0561-M.jpg

Speaking of questionable decisions, the guy next to me in Charlotte was eating airport sushi. I had to surreptitiously take this picture.

IMG_0563-M.jpg

I had two hours to kill there, luckily for me, this sweetheart came along.

IMG_0564-M.jpg

His name is Roscoe. Who's a good boy?

IMG_0565-M.jpg

cruising.

W

S

This dog was also there, nattily attired in her patriotic dress.

IMG_0566-M.jpg

Charlotte tried to lure me into eating NC gelato. Why would I do that, when I was going on MSC, home to the finest gelato around? Do I look like someone who would eat airport sushi?

IMG_0571-M.jpg

Charlotte also has bars right at the gates! Wait, what?

IMG_0573-M.jpg

I guess that's so the pilots can get one last drink before they board. :o

I arrived at Miami about 4:30pm and hopped a quick Uber (my phone worked, yay) ride to my Airbnb.

My Airbnb was a pool house in the heart of Little Havana.

That's my front door.

IMG_0586-M.jpg

And, this is my side door.

IMG_0583-M.jpg

It was nice inside.

IMG_0579-M.jpg

It had a little kitchenette, in case I wanted to cook. I don't cook at home, why would I cook on vacation?

IMG_0578-M.jpg

Unmentionable, so I won't.

IMG_0580-M.jpg

It had a nice sitting area, bar and grill.

IMG_0581-M.jpg

I assumed it would come with a cabana boy, but , it didn't. I'll be writing Airbnb a strongly worded letter upon my return.

I was starving and desperate for black beans and rice, so, I soon headed out for some Cuban food.

Calle Ocho!

IMG_0590-M.jpg

This fine gent let me know I was heading in the right direction.

IMG_0593-M.jpg

This poor guy was just looking for some good beer.

IMG_0594-M.jpg

Oh, well, there you go.

IMG_0595-M.jpg

My next goal was to find some Cuban men playing Dominoes.

This guy said he knew the way.

IMG_0596-M.jpg

This seems to be the right way!

IMG_0600-M.jpg

Oh, this looks promising!

IMG_0599-M.jpg

Wait, women are allowed to watch, right?

This guy let me know I was welcome.

IMG_0601-M.jpg

You can see they take it very seriously.

IMG_0603-M.jpg

Famished, now, I went to El Pub for an early dinner.

IMG_0609-M.jpg

I had a nice piece of grouper, although I could have done without the onions.

IMG_0612-M.jpg

And, what I was really after, black beans and rice. Some fries rounded out the plate.

IMG_0611-M.jpg

I was starving and desperate for black beans and rice, so, I soon headed out for some Cuban food.

Calle Ocho!

IMG_0590-M.jpg

This fine gent let me know I was heading in the right direction.

IMG_0593-M.jpg

This poor guy was just looking for some good beer.

IMG_0594-M.jpg

Oh, well, there you go.

IMG_0595-M.jpg

My next goal was to find some Cuban men playing Dominoes.

This guy said he knew the way.

IMG_0596-M.jpg

This seems to be the right way!

IMG_0600-M.jpg

Reading along; loving it!! Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I forgot, I also had a nice Mojito at El Pub.

IMG_0614-M.jpg

I got lost walking home and got a little perturbed at myself, so, I took a little swim in the pool, then off to bed.

In the morning, I still hadn't figured out how to post photos and realized my check in time was 3:30, so, I texted my host to see if I could stay late. He said that was fine.

Finally, around 1, I called for an Uber to the port. He didn't speak English and I don't know much Spanish, but, we got along okay. I told him we needed to go to Terminal F.

West? he asked, F, I said. S? he asked, F, I said. F like in Fun. Blank stare. F like in Friday. Blank stare, A,B,C,D,E F!! I said. Blank stare. F like in Francisco. Oh, Francisco, si, si. :D

Working as a team, we made it!

From stepping out of the car, walking to Terminal entrance, through security and check in took all of ten minutes. I do get priority embarkation because I'm a Black Member, so, remember if you have status on other lines, MSC does a Loyalty Match. You don't get the same benefits as your other line gives you, but, you do get some benefits.

Another important difference is you don't give them your credit card at check in. You go to a self serve kiosk anytime in the first 48 hours to set up your credit card. I learned this the hard way when I got bonged trying to leave the Divina after my first cruise. :loudcry:

So, check in was fast then things bogged down actually getting on the ship. Which gave me time to take more pictures!

First glimpse.

i-8tM635S-M.jpg

The outside seating at the buffet covers the life boats.

i-38GPZjH-M.jpg

This boom will be used to lower me off the ship after all the pizza I will consume.

i-88npFW9-M.jpg

Any Corona fans out there? They've got you covered.

i-XfKKbBS-M.jpg

Frozen shrimp, keep frozen at 0 degrees or below. Just sitting on the dock. In Miami. :o I think I got Norovirus just looking at it.

i-n3NJgC2-M.jpg

I'm in! First view of atrium.

i-t3C2M98-M.jpg

Since I had eaten early last night and had no breakfast, I headed immediately to the buffet. I was so hungry, I forgot to take pictures!

And, there is zero chance of me drinking these. :evilsmile:

i-p84bZfj-M.jpg

These are more my style, I had two of the Sunset Beaches.

i-CW9FZbt-M.jpg

And, two of the Miami Vices.

i-NHVLDL4-M.jpg

Frozen Toblerone? Put a pin in that for later.

Promptly at 2pm, the cabins were ready.

i-G57SRWf-M.jpg

Opposite look.

i-s253t3x-M.jpg

Unmentionable, part deux.

i-WXHx7qp-M.jpg

The minifridge.

i-QZxhbrn-M.jpg

Completing our tour, here is the drawer space in the closet.

i-NHfHt5g-M.jpg

And, the hanging space.

i-dJHzkL4-M.jpg

Last piece of housekeeping, one nice thing about MSC is they have real hangers, not those ones that don't come off the rack and you have to wiggle the little stick to get them in. You know what I'm talking about! :mad:

i-4J5svbQ-M.jpg

When I got my cruise card, there was no dining room information on it, other than it said late seating, so, I had to go see the maitre d.

Even though I booked it over 2 years ago, he couldn't find me a table, said I could eat at 5:30. :mad:

He said everybody is in family groups. I said, I don't mind that, I'll make friends with the family. He didn't like the sound of that.

He said I can put you at a table for two with an elderly man from Barcelona. I didn't like the sound of that, what if we couldn't communicate, didn't get along? I wondered if his name was Francisco. :')

He asked the other maitre d if he had any space. He said yeah, I can get you in at 7:30 and put me at a table. I asked my guy how many were at that table and he said nine, now.

Now, you know there are no tables for nine. He squeezed me in at a table for eight. I'm not skinny, so, I don't want to be squished at an overcrowded table. That would make me feel awkward and uncomfortable.

I didn't know what else to say, so, I thanked them and left.

I decided I would probably go to the dining room and walk by the table, check it out. Maybe if there were kids there, there would be more room. But, also there'd be kids. :eek:

So, I went for a walkabout of the ship.

i-zc9ShHz-M.jpg

Little water slide for the kids.

i-FbvXnxR-M.jpg

i-cF34mmv-M.jpg

Nice kitty.

i-zFxzzDJ-M.jpg

Girls made entirely of Legos!

i-RLN9bw5-M.jpg

The Miami skyline looking as lovely as ever.

i-h9cvTpW-M.jpg

I see you, Royal Caribbean! Give solos better discounts! :p

i-nnnbpxd-M.jpg

Suddenly, I heard Pitbull singing Fireball.

i-4ctXFkk-M.jpg

A sailaway party had begun.

The topknot, who wore it better?

i-hZrTGCh-M.jpg

You both did, give yourselves a round of applause!

i-gvSBMDz-M.jpg

Miami Vice at sailaway.

i-rrPqk3s-M.jpg

How many drinks is that?

This guy had a Boston shirt on, which is usually my cue to go up and start a conversation, but, I don't know, he doesn't look Bostony to me, he's giving off a French vibe to me, for some reason.

i-RhnKp74-M.jpg

The water slide goes out over the side of the ship.

i-G7sv8hx-M.jpg

I was still tormented about the dining room and my luggage still hadn't arrived, so, I decided to go to the buffet for some pizza. They have THE BEST PIZZA!!!

This is my kind of buffet.

i-tggZ7jp-M.jpg

Sweet Fancy Moses, that is some good pizza. And, a chilled wine glass, to boot.

i-4GH4VMh-M.jpg

Of course, once I started eating, that settled it and I knew I wasn't going to the dining room, at least this night.

i-k9gKJV4-M.jpg

I got some grouper, pasta, potatoes and on my way out, I spotted the paella. I remembered it from the Divina and I loved it and they only had it the first day! I'll let you know if this is the case on Seaside, as well.

More wine and a bottle of water for the cabin, I'm really flexing that drink package.

i-k73pjdx-M.jpg

We're moving! Let's say goodbye to Miami.

i-5bjFQKQ-M.jpg

This couple was blowing bubbles off their balcony. I hope I meet them later, I'd like to give them several pictures I took of them.

i-7SGk5X2-M.jpg

No, this building is not on fire, that's just the sunset.

i-vjSz5kd-M.jpg

This one looks even more like actual flames.

i-Z3kCkNM-M.jpg

This ferry came by, they were all honking their horns.

i-BsxzLBc-M.jpg

Maureen, I hope you have a great cruise. I was on the Seaside the end of January and didn't really care for it because of the many problems we encountered. I know they have corrected many of those so I will give MSC a second chance in the future. Enjoy!!!!!!

Are you going on the President's cruise on the Harmony in September?

Nat