Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, if you just bid in San Pedro, the only 3 star hotels are the ones near the port. I've won bids there three times in the past for what used to be the Marina Hotel (now the Crowne Plaza).

Does any one know If you bid on the area San Pedro is it only hotels in San Pedro that they look. We are thinking of bidding for a 3 star but donot want too far from the port.

Using Priceline in Hawaii for Waikiki is frustrating because there is not enough bidding information to be very helpful. Also, there are very crummy rooms at the Sheraton Waikiki (unremodeled, no view) that make bidding in the resort category tricky. For 12/11 - 12/13 I couldn't get 4* or resort at $140 risking the poor rooms, so I gave up. In the end I used the Entertainment Book and saved $20 a night over the lowest price online by calling the hotel and getting their "Travel club" rate at $179 + tax for the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bid on Priceline for October 10th, 2007 1 night stay and received the 4* Omni Los Angeles Hotel for $76.00, with taxes and fees the total came to $94.47. The hotel best rate was $159.00 not including taxes so I have no complaints about the price. From the reviews it is a nice hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Had been trying for a 4* up to $100 for a few weeks on Priceline without success so decided to go with 3* - several others have also been successful for same $$s and similar dates (but shorter stays):

Renaissance Seattle Hotel

3* star

1 room for 4 nights

9/19/07-9/23/07

$65 (total $307.99 with tax)

Best price on hotel web site $219 plus tax

2/24/07

1 night

$65 ($82.19 including taxes)

3* Crown Plaza

We'll take shuttles or taxis between airport/hotel/port.

Have been bidding 4* for a few days with no luck so I switched to 3*. Bid San Pedro $60; Priceline asked me to increase my bid by $17 and rebid. I opted to change my parameters:added Long Beach and increased bid to $65.

I probably paid too much considering a 4* just came up for $68 for the night before ours. I'm just happy to have room booked - now everything is set for our first cruise!

2.25.07 Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=460800

Just got the Hyatt Regency Long Beach 4*for 1/12/07 (night before our Diamond Princess Cruise) for $65.00 With Tax's it was $78.75 for each Room.

I did get two rooms. Lowest price I could find on their web site. $149.00 before Tax's. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Priceline:

Hotel $75 night for 2 nights = $150 total, before taxes

Car rental for two days at $24.50/day = $49.50 total (so we don't have to pay one way shuttle fees of $17/pp = $34 total)

Airfare of $90/pp round trip from Atlanta to LA.

Thanks to airfare credits of allowing Delta to change our flight.