FTTF Luggage Tags (still not updated)

cfr70

Cruise is paid in full. Also purchased is Cheers and FTTF. I noticed over a couple of weeks ago after I was paid in full, that the luggage tags haven't been updated to reflect FTTF as I understood they should have been.

Contacted PVP who originally accused me of not purchasing FTTF and that's why the tags didn't update. Wrong.

I had to steer him where to look to show it was paid for and he comes back "Oh, I see it now." Anyway, he said he'll have it taken care of.

So I give it a few days and nothing. E mail him again asking what's up? He replies he has "someone working on it." Geez, it's not a broken down car. I'm sure a few keystrokes is all that's needed here. (I didn't say that to him!)

A few MORE days pass, and nothing. Again I ask and he says "wait 3 to 4 business days" it should show. Whatever....

Now it's a week after that and still nothing. Should I just let it go and show up at the port with a printout of the purchase when handing my bag? I really don't want to deal with this egghead PVP any further. I feel like an idiot as well to keep asking like a child on the status with this dope. Advice?

You could try clearing your cache, and then reload your cruise documents.

When is your cruise? If it's very soon, and your tags don't update, bring a copy of your receipt to check in, and they will be able to print new tags for you.

If your cruise isn't for a few weeks, I'm sure one of the suggestions in this thread will help eventually.

Have a great cruise!

You could try clearing your cache, and then reload your cruise documents.

When is your cruise? If it's very soon, and your tags don't update, bring a copy of your receipt to check in, and they will be able to print new tags for you.

If your cruise isn't for a few weeks, I'm sure one of the suggestions in this thread will help eventually.

Have a great cruise!

Cleared cache and still showing regular tags. Should FTTF also be on the Boarding Pass as well? (It's not) Sailing isn't until 12/3 so I have time to get it straightened out. I just wonder why Carnival seems to be taking so long for something that should be rectified fairly quickly.

I'm going to just print my FTTF receipt as well as the screen shot of where it shows it in my Cruise Details page just to be safe. It doesn't help that I have a completely inept, lousy PVP with the brain of a mosquito. I really need to contact Carnival to get a new one.

If anyone knows the general e mail contact for Carnival please share. I know they have a dedicated Facebook address for help that responds quickly, but I don't want to break my rule and use that site as it represents everything i'm against. (But that's another whole post lol)

Cleared cache and still showing regular tags. Should FTTF also be on the Boarding Pass as well? (It's not) Sailing isn't until 12/3 so I have time to get it straightened out. I just wonder why Carnival seems to be taking so long for something that should be rectified fairly quickly.

I'm going to just print my FTTF receipt as well as the screen shot of where it shows it in my Cruise Details page just to be safe. It doesn't help that I have a completely inept, lousy PVP with the brain of a mosquito. I really need to contact Carnival to get a new one.

If anyone knows the general e mail contact for Carnival please share. I know they have a dedicated Facebook address for help that responds quickly, but I don't want to break my rule and use that site as it represents everything i'm against. (But that's another whole post lol)

Yes, it needs to show on the Boarding Pass too.

I just got a one sentence reply back from PVP after umpteenth inquiry:

<They are still working on it. With all the bad weather they are delayed quite a bit.>

This is his latest stall tactic. Use the hurricane as an excuse. And his replies are always short and abrupt like this. As if i'm not worth anything more than a sentence or two. What a donkey's behind.

I would request a new PVP. While this should show on your boarding passes, does it appear in your excursions part of your reservation?

Yes, thankfully it appears in my excursions part of the reservation which I made a screen **** and print out of just in case there's any issues. Both the boarding pass and luggage tags aren't reflecting the FTTF which is just weird, and I continue to get an evasive run around from the PVP.

Yes, thankfully it appears in my excursions part of the reservation which I made a screen **** and print out of just in case there's any issues. Both the boarding pass and luggage tags aren't reflecting the FTTF which is just weird, and I continue to get an evasive run around from the PVP.

Maybe there really is a systems/IT issue or glitch. However your PVP just sounds annoying.

Try emailing cclsupport@carnival.com. I've always gotten the help needed using that email.

Maybe there really is a systems/IT issue or glitch. However your PVP just sounds annoying.

Try emailing cclsupport@carnival.com. I've always gotten the help needed using that email.

Thank you!! That's the e mail address I used once a long time ago and couldn't recall it. They were on the ball too. I'll write them now....And I don't know why the word I used is censored out in my previous post. I was saying the word used to take a capture of the computer screen..."screen ****" (the sound a gun makes)....Now you can't even say that word even in this context?! World gone mad LOL. Geez. The PC is out of control.

UPDATE: Carnival contacted me and basically gave me the same excuse as the PVP did. Just a little more in depth, yet still no reason this occurred in the first place. Once again the advice is to wait for it to be resolved:

"I have been in contact with the IT department regarding the issue of the Faster to the Fun not being displayed on your boarding pass or Luggage tags. You do in fact have the Faster to the Fun. They are working to get the issued resolved. They suggested in the mean time to print this page below showing the purchase of the faster to the fun from your cruise manager while they continue to work to getting the verbage displayed on your boarding pass and luggage tags. They could not give an estimated time when the issue will be resolved being behind from the hurricane. Rest assured they are aware and working on a resolution."

I guess i'll just print out the page and forget about it. It's just frustrating that this is going on 2 weeks now and maybe i'm ignorant, but I would think something like this would be rectified with just a few keystrokes?

But whatever, nothing I can do about it so i'm letting it go. At least I got a new PVP out of it and the old one is history. Question for everyone who bought FTTF.....was your sailing account updated soon after to reflect it or was there a delay? I'm wondering if it's just me going through this...maybe i'm just unlucky lol.

I recently snagged FTTF (on 9/3) for our cruise sailing on 12/1, and it's showing on our boarding passes, luggage tags and under the "my billing" tab in the cruise manager. I know it won't show if your final payment hasn't posted. I hope this helps. Good luck!

I recently snagged FTTF (on 9/3) for our cruise sailing on 12/1, and it's showing on our boarding passes, luggage tags and under the "my billing" tab in the cruise manager. I know it won't show if your final payment hasn't posted. I hope this helps. Good luck!

It's only showing up under the "My Activities" tab. When I click the "My Billing" tab, only the Cheers I purchased displays there. I have no idea why I was apparently singled out to experience this "glitch" or whatever the heck it is.

I paid for the FTTF with a debit card back in July that Carnival accepted and payment cleared almost immediately and cruise has been paid in full for over a month now.

They never did give me any kind of explanation as to WHY this is happening which only adds to the frustration.

Thank you for sharing your experience as now I know it's clearly supposed to be showing on the cruise documents after you purchase it. It would have been nice if Carnival had simply offered an apology to this delay, but all they do is continue to say "Wait, they're working on it." Ugh. Just leaves a bad taste with me.

It will show on your luggage tags and under your orders as soon as you pay for FTTF, but yes, you can't print your boarding pass until final payment is made.

It will show on your luggage tags and under your orders as soon as you pay for FTTF, but yes, you can't print your boarding pass until final payment is made.

It's supposed to be that instant?! Why me then? lol

Cruise is paid in full. Also purchased is Cheers and FTTF. I noticed over a couple of weeks ago after I was paid in full, that the luggage tags haven't been updated to reflect FTTF as I understood they should have been.

Contacted PVP who originally accused me of not purchasing FTTF and that's why the tags didn't update. Wrong.

I had to steer him where to look to show it was paid for and he comes back "Oh, I see it now." Anyway, he said he'll have it taken care of.

So I give it a few days and nothing. E mail him again asking what's up? He replies he has "someone working on it." Geez, it's not a broken down car. I'm sure a few keystrokes is all that's needed here. (I didn't say that to him!)

A few MORE days pass, and nothing. Again I ask and he says "wait 3 to 4 business days" it should show. Whatever....

Now it's a week after that and still nothing. Should I just let it go and show up at the port with a printout of the purchase when handing my bag? I really don't want to deal with this egghead PVP any further. I feel like an idiot as well to keep asking like a child on the status with this dope. Advice?

Call and ask for a supervisor.

Call and ask for a supervisor.

I'm done with them. They've been telling to wait like a child for 2 weeks now so i've just printed put the screen image of my FTTF purchase and hope there's no issues on sailing day. It's too nerve wracking dealing with the CSR's and PVP's as both can be condescending and patronizing.

I'll just keep checking daily for the updates and if it doesn't update, I have the printout.

Edited to add---Thanks for this board for allowing me to vent! :)