Carnival Fantasy Review & Pics/ June 5th, 2010 Sailing

I'm a planner. too. I have researched every excursion and vendor. You'd think I was planning a month-long trip! I will certainly pay a visit to the "correct" liquor store in Freeport! Thanks for the input. I have truly enjoyed your review!

(Maybe Andrew could look into opening one of those "alternative clothing" bars in Charleston. Think it would go over here? Maybe on Folly?)

Well, he does need some income right now. :D

I think you have to be located in the north charleston area for that type of club. :cool:

All4fun&fun4all

Thank you for your review of the Fantasy. I thoroughly enjoyed your pictorial. I also appreciate all the pictures you took inside the ship. The excursions are of course part of the fun, but I also like the ship as well.

All4fun&fun4all

Thank you for your review of the Fantasy. I thoroughly enjoyed your pictorial. I also appreciate all the pictures you took inside the ship. The excursions are of course part of the fun, but I also like the ship as well.

Glad you enjoyed our fun! The ship is the main draw for us. There is nothing quite like a sunset at sea. This was our second trip on Fantasy and I am sure it wont be our last. :)

Okay, I tried and tried but I can't read the Fun Times. I zoomed but the words are still blurry. Anything else I can try?

I can't read them either. I've tried copying and pasting them, enlarging them, and printing them off. Nothing works. :(

Loved your Hemingway House photos. Although we toured the inside of the house, I didn't get any photos of the interior because we were too focused on the cats (see review of Freedom in my signature). So, it was nice to remember what the inside of the house looked like!!

Nevermind....I got them from your Photobucket. I guess it helps if I read before I post anything.

I do have a question for you....do you have any of the other "handouts" they give you - i.e. the shore excursion sheets? It would be interesting to see what they charge for shore excursions compared to what you can get them for on your own.

Thanks again for the excellent review! I can't wait until December!!!

Loved your Hemingway House photos. Although we toured the inside of the house, I didn't get any photos of the interior because we were too focused on the cats (see review of Freedom in my signature). So, it was nice to remember what the inside of the house looked like!!

I was completely torn from learning the history and getting distracted by all of the awesome cats. There are tons more pics of the cats I still need to upload but realized I was sounding like the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons. :p How cool is that house though! I loved Key West so much. So very laid back. If I dont retire to the Carribbean (sp..darn rum) I may retire in the Keys.

Nevermind....I got them from your Photobucket. I guess it helps if I read before I post anything.

I do have a question for you....do you have any of the other "handouts" they give you - i.e. the shore excursion sheets? It would be interesting to see what they charge for shore excursions compared to what you can get them for on your own.

Thanks again for the excellent review! I can't wait until December!!!

Glad you were able to see them on photobucket. Its hard being sneaky and scanning stuff at work when you are supposed to be working. :rolleyes:

I kept EVERYTHING from the cruise. Every little thing I was handed. I have a full excursion sheet listing all excursions that was in a pamphlet sitting at the excursion desk. I have every single special on whatevers that accompanied the Fun Times every night. I keep way too much stuff. I will try to be sneaky and scan in the shore excursion sheet for ya. I have a box with a folder in my closet. Better get it now before I forget. :o

Now, if I only had a cruise booked to look forward to. :(

All4fun&fun4all: Great review. I was on the Fantasy when she was in Mobile. Totally missed the sushi bar. We had a blast in our "quiet way." We did A LOT of reclining deck char, by choice. I'm curious, is the sushi bar FREE or did you have to flash your sea&sail card!!!. We are booked on Elation this December and I'll definately look for sushi on that sailing, plus use room serve more often.. It was a great, great review with great pics. thx for taking the time to post.

All4fun&fun4all: Great review. I was on the Fantasy when she was in Mobile. Totally missed the sushi bar. We had a blast in our "quiet way." We did A LOT of reclining deck char' date=' by choice. I'm curious, is the sushi bar FREE or did you have to flash your sea&sail card!!!. We are booked on Elation this December and I'll definately look for sushi on that sailing, plus use room serve more often.. It was a great, great review with great pics. thx for taking the time to post.[/quote']

Thank you for the kind words. Im glad people are still reading it and enjoying it so much. :D

Sushi bar is totally free. You wont even need your Sail&Sign card. Just walk on up and tell the server what you want and how many of each. However, if you want saki, you will need your S&S for that. That, sadly, was not free. :p

Did the photo bucket work for you?

If you print them out can you read the words?

I can't read them on the screen, but I'm wondering if they're printed out if that would make a difference. My printer is not working so I can't try it yet. Going to try to fix the printer when I get home from work.

All4fun: Your review brought back such fond memories and confirms why people get addicted. I like your quirky way of pecking your thoughts and pics, even the blurry ones. LOL. When DH and I sailed Fantansy, the ice scultpure was cancelle. bummer. Also, somehow we were not invited to a past-guest party, unless I missed it!!! This Dec, I'll have my peepers on the lookout for the sushi, past-guest. We mostly stayed at the adult-only section at the back of the ship. Quiet there. DH is usually exhausted by the time we get away and after a morning stroll for exercise, he chills by the jacuzzi. I waited in line at the mongolian grill and brought him some good food. We try to eat low fat. Our excursions at Cozumel went well. Once we did an excurions on RCL at Nassau, and BOY WAS IT HOT THERE..

I'm glad you had a wonderful crew. I hope your teens learn to 'behave" and get to cruise too. But don't hold your breath. LOL. I survived two sons. LOL.

well, thx again for your effort of posting and pics.

All4fun: Your review brought back such fond memories and confirms why people get addicted. I like your quirky way of pecking your thoughts and pics' date=' even the blurry ones. LOL. When DH and I sailed Fantansy, the ice scultpure was cancelle. bummer. Also, somehow we were not invited to a past-guest party, unless I missed it!!! This Dec, I'll have my peepers on the lookout for the sushi, past-guest. We mostly stayed at the adult-only section at the back of the ship. Quiet there. DH is usually exhausted by the time we get away and after a morning stroll for exercise, he chills by the jacuzzi. I waited in line at the mongolian grill and brought him some good food. We try to eat low fat. Our excursions at Cozumel went well. Once we did an excurions on RCL at Nassau, and BOY WAS IT HOT THERE..

I'm glad you had a wonderful crew. I hope your teens learn to 'behave" and get to cruise too. But don't hold your breath. LOL. I survived two sons. LOL.

well, thx again for your effort of posting and pics.[/quote']

I think I can honestly say that my oldest has earned his first cruise. He has been in military school for the last 4 months and is doing really well. He graduates from this program in September and will have earned his GED. He has shown a genuine interest in joining the National Guard or Job Corps. He is definitely becoming quite the young man. I am proud of him. I noticed the grey hairs are becoming more prevalent though. :confused:

I am glad you enjoyed the review. Definitely grab the sushi! It was soooo delish! For the Past Guest party, I dont recall seeing it in the Fun Times since it is invitation only. You will receive the invitations on your bed. How many cruises have you taken with Carnival?

All4Fun: We have sailed with CCL twice, I believe. Once on The Holiday and once on the Fantasy. We definately did NOT receive an invitation on our bed to the past-guest party. So, I'll surely check into that next time. For reasons of the ice sculpture being cancelled and no past-guest invite, I have posted my vote for CCL being the wal-mart of the cruise industry. Maybe bc the Fantasy was going to be reassigned to Charleston, maybe that was the reason, we got the barrel's bottom... I dunno. But lemme tell ya, we had a great time on CCL and, like I said again, we are scheduled for this Dec on the Elation. I've never had a "bad cruise" bc we are not picky, roll with the punches and just appreciate the value we get with our disposible $$ cruising... We have sailed twice on RCI and will sail again this Oct. I am a cheerleader for RCI, hands down.

We like to cruise in the fall/winter bc of cooler temps, less crowds, fits in with our work schedules and cheaper.

btw: Congrats on the #1 son doing so well. Wow!! yes, he has earned a cruise. Hope things work out for him. Again, thanks for the great review. Though DH and I are in our late 50s, and we cruise in a quiet way, I enjoy being around people who are having a good time. I like the noise and smiling people. I enjoy formal nights of watching the different people groups having their pics taken. DH sort of shuns formal nights and just wears a white shirt, tie and black vest. I like the people watching aspect, though I agree with DH. We are in our cabin, watching tv by 8 pm. That is "fun" for us. I say live and let live.

Well there went my morning. I accomplished nothing. LOL What fun !! I so enjoyed the review and photos. Adding Fantasy on my "to do" list. Getting to drive and not go through the hassle of flying sounds great !!

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise. :)

All4Fun: We have sailed with CCL twice' date=' I believe. Once on The Holiday and once on the Fantasy. We definately did NOT receive an invitation on our bed to the past-guest party. So, I'll surely check into that next time. [/quote']

What year did you sail on the Holiday? I have heard some folks say that on the ships that arent in commission anymore, they didnt show up on your "profile" per se. However if you have proof (embarkation pics or something that shows date/ship) they will give you credit for the cruises that arent showing. That way you can be another step closer to platinum. :)

I personally did not have experience with this but its just what I have heard on these boards. Call Carnival and see what they can do for you.

Well there went my morning. I accomplished nothing. LOL What fun !! I so enjoyed the review and photos. Adding Fantasy on my "to do" list. Getting to drive and not go through the hassle of flying sounds great !!

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise. :)

LOL. Glad to have aided in your procrastination.

Honestly, just for the convenience of taking a cab to port and not having extra expenses (hotel/gas/port parking) it is worth it leaving from here. Beautiful sailaway as well!

All4fun: Well, thx for enlightening me about The Holiday (4-day) and being decommissioned from CCL... I will look into this. I have my S&S card from 12/13/2007 right here on my desk. I was saving it to one day use hot glue and make a frig magnet. (I'm also a junky slob with a procrasination problem LOL). I'll have to check my account status and see if The Holiday shows up. We like to do a shortie 4-day cruise and then one longer 7-day. So with CCL, it is a shortie out of Mobile. This CC board is so helpful. btw: I wanted to say I like your pic composition with you and boyfriend standing next to signs. Especially like that photo of those heads of statues on a flatbed truck. Good eye. Just love and addicted to cruising.

Hey all4fun: I just read that CCL has a farewell party that they don't advertise. We missed that too. Free drinks at this event. Held around 5 pm. You have to "ask around" for location bc it is not advertised. Hmm Again something for me to keep my peepers opened about.

As a side note, DH and I did the Behind the Fun tour on the Fantasy and enjoyed that very much. It, too, wasn't advertised. I learned about it on these boards. It is advertised at the excursion desk. I loved the almond cookies and chocolate covered strawberries that were in our room at the end. Those cookies were to die for!!! We were given two, yes two, larege photos of the same pic of our tour with the captain in the place where he steers the ship (can't think of that name). I think we were suppose to get two different pics.... All in all we loved our cruise.

Hey all4fun: I just read that CCL has a farewell party that they don't advertise. We missed that too. Free drinks at this event. Held around 5 pm. You have to "ask around" for location bc it is not advertised. Hmm Again something for me to keep my peepers opened about.

As a side note' date=' DH and I did the Behind the Fun tour on the Fantasy and enjoyed that very much. It, too, wasn't advertised. I learned about it on these boards. It is advertised at the excursion desk. I loved the almond cookies and chocolate covered strawberries that were in our room at the end. Those cookies were to die for!!! We were given two, yes two, larege photos of the same pic of our tour with the captain in the place where he steers the ship (can't think of that name). I think we were suppose to get two different pics.... All in all we loved our cruise.[/quote']

I just pulled up my Fun Times and the Farewell Party is listed there as Fun Farewell Party 5pm in the Universe Lounge. It is definitely advertised. We would review our Fun Times every night and plan our day the next day. We knew to look for the Farewell Party since we didnt know about it til this cruise around. I swear these boards are so helpful. :)

We were talking about doing the behind the fun tour but we ran out of money on our budget unfortunately. :rolleyes:

All4fun: Thx again, for the swift reply. Maybe Farewell Party was advertised by DH and I were too tired or in the Blue zone (sad to see cruise over) to attend. Now that I know there is free booze, then shoot Yeah, we'll be there!!! for sure.

I check my profile/account on CCL. The Holiday is listed on my cruise hx as 4-day (which it was). The Fantasy is listed as 5-days bc we got fogged out of the Mobile port and ended up spending and additional day on that ship. It was suppose to be a 4-day cruise. Lots of unhappy campers on that ship. missed flights, probably AWOL military and the like. For us, it was an inconvenience but not major. We ate like pigs at the trough at the captain's direction. Those poor folks waiting at the terminal had to get hotels for the night... Hate to be the crew that received dem folks.

Back to the subject at hand of past-cruise welcome aboard party (PCWAP)... In reading the "eligibility" factor of PCWAP, you have had to been on a 5-day cruise prior to be invited. Were you on a past 5-day cruise??? In any case, being now that we have an official 5-day cruise on our hx, perhaps, we will be invited to the Elation's PCWAP!!! Can only hope.

I booked DH and me on the Mexican food tasting/cooking class via ship for its seamless-ness.

So agree with you that this board is so helpful. Thx for the dialogue. Powerwalk time now as I spent most of this morning on this board. LOL