The Pitons, Marigot Bay, Coastal Cruise & Beach Excursion with Princess

TravelGirl73-RCCL

Hi,

I'm considering the following excursion that could be booked with the cruise line (Princess): The Pitons, Marigot Bay, Coastal Cruise & Beach Excursion. It's a 4 hours tour. Has someone done it? Wondering what the beach portion looks like. Are they dropping you close enough to the beach (in shallow water) that you don't need to know how to swim, or are dropping you in deep water. My mom likes to walk along the beach but she can't swim. Worse case she could stay on the Catameran but I would like for her to enjoy the beach.

Any détails would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm considering the following excursion that could be booked with the cruise line (Princess): The Pitons, Marigot Bay, Coastal Cruise & Beach Excursion. It's a 4 hours tour. Has someone done it? Wondering what the beach portion looks like. Are they dropping you close enough to the beach (in shallow water) that you don't need to know how to swim, or are dropping you in deep water. My mom likes to walk along the beach but she can't swim. Worse case she could stay on the Catameran but I would like for her to enjoy the beach.

Any détails would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

As it does specify besch versus simply swimming, I expect you'll be stopped at Anse Cochon aka Ti Kaye beach. It's a smallish Cove with lovely beach, crystal clear water good for swimming and some snorkeling, etc. With the large catamaran they use, it usually anchors slightly off the beach with drop down steps to easy access the shallow Coastline and easy walk into the beach. There's no guarantee that's where you'll stop though, but it's the main stop for coastal tours and swimming along that Coastline, so the odds are good...

Thanks for the quick reply. The tile say "Beach" but the description say "Depart Soufrière for one of the bays along the coast for swimming..." and elsewhere "You'll continue your cruise along the island's verdant coast, stopping at the remote dark-sand beach of one of the bays for a refreshing swim..." Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reply. The tile say "Beach" but the description say "Depart Soufrière for one of the bays along the coast for swimming..." and elsewhere "You'll continue your cruise along the island's verdant coast, stopping at the remote dark-sand beach of one of the bays for a refreshing swim..." Thanks again.

Yes, I read the description - hence why I figure it will be Anse Cochon. It's a protected Bay, consider remote by most Lucian given what a pain it is to get to by road, dark sand, erc.

Since your tour does actually specify beach, both in its title a d in its description , I'd by quite surprised if you stopped out to sea and had to swim into the beach versus as described above, which is how it works at AC. the cats stop right into shore, it's a short walk along rhe sea bed into the beach itself - couple steps really, no swimming needed to get on the beach.

You can see hundreds of photos of Anse Cochon online to see what I mean.

I'd be surprised it it was someone else.. The only other real Bay for swimming that a cat or other boat could reach for swimming with dark sand is Anse Chastenet, and there you'd be dropped basically in the ocean to snorkel and such, you'd have to swim into shore...

Good excursion .... Love that's it's all by catamaran.

The "beach" stop is basically a place to jump into the water and take a rather short swim.

Your mother won't be the only one who just stays on the catamaran.

Enjoy! :)