Mud baths

bronzebeauty

I am sure that this has been asked and answered before but.. What company is best to book excursion with for the mud baths? We can't decide if we should book it with our cruise ine or private company. It would be nice to get an island tour and maybe stop at a few different places and do mud baths.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I would skip the mud baths and the waterfall, it’s way to crowded. We were there 2 weeks ago on Adventure of the Seas. There was one other Celebrity ship in port that day. Taking a mud bath and shower with a few hundred of my closest friends was not my idea of a good time. The boat ride there and snorkeling by the Pitons was beautiful. We booked with Joys Adventures. I would highly recommend them, I would just skip the mud baths if I did it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I will probably be the ONLY one that will tell you, I was probably the oldest one that did it, with the Cosol tours. I didn't know if I would want to do it, but I knew it was something different, that I could talk/brag about, that most people don't do a mud bath, out of a volcano. When all the "young" people found out I was around 65, they couldn't believe it, as they said I looked so much younger, than to be doing this as well. It was worth it to me, just to say I DID IT!:)

• 2 months later...

So a really stupid question but how does one get out of the mud baths? I just had knee replacement a year ago and I certainly can't climb out without some type of stairs. Help!

So a really stupid question but how does one get out of the mud baths? I just had knee replacement a year ago and I certainly can't climb out without some type of stairs. Help!

There are stairs to get in and out of mud baths. My mother in law has had both knees replaced and she was able to get in and out ok. Hope this helps!:)

There are stairs to get in and out of mud baths. My mother in law has had both knees replaced and she was able to get in and out ok. Hope this helps!:)

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

More than likely I am much older than anyone who responded on here, or even you, the one who ask the question, but here is my reply.

A couple years ago, I was around 72 or 73. Most everyone that talked/met me at the mud bath, thought I was much younger, or about 10 years younger than what I was. I had heard of the mud bath, and thought............if young people can do it, why not I? So as the expression goes, I decided to take the plunge. Was it easy, not exactly, and the temperature will feel hot at first, but your body will get adjusted to it. My friend didn't want to go, so she stayed behind and took pictures, as I wanted to "prove" to family/friends that I COULD DO IT!!! Yes there are a couple steps, but it is still challenging, but everyone that was around me saw me trying to get out, help all the way, until I was officially on my feet!

• 1 month later...

We did Cosol Tours in Jan 2017. It was fantastic and I highly recommend them. The cost was $75 and it was FULL day of touring. We did the mud baths (my favorite), the waterfall, Jalousie/Sugar Beach, beverages included all day, lunch, and hot bread on the way back. We stopped other places, too, of course.

Piggiepuff, I'm glad you did Cosol Tours, and you were happy with them, as that is what I used in the past. Actually I have already contacted them, and plan to use them in March this coming year. To me, what we paid was "worth" every penny and more.:)

Just for the record, I did not like the mud baths at all. Yes, it is very crowded. But my biggest problem was that I found the water far too hot for me to enjoy, even with trying to ease in. I gave up on submersing myself, and just put some mud on my face, arms and legs. There are a few open showers available to rinse off, but I found the mud wouldn’t come off and I ended up with a lot of it still on my skin. It seems very oily, so maybe you need strong soap to scrub with - there was no soap available that I could see.

I also ended smelling very strongly of sulphur, and my towel and bathing suit reeked of it all the way back in the van. I was very glad I didn’t get the mud in my hair, as I saw others doing. As it was, I couldn’t get the grit out from under my fingernails for two days, even scrubbing often with a nail brush.

That was my experience, and I didn’t care for it. Just thought people might want another view.

Yes, I agree the water is hot when you first get in it, and I am "over" 70 years old! I did ease into it, and my body adapted to it. As the last poster said, I did not rub the mud in my hair, but did have a "tad" on my face, and my harms. If you don't put much on, you won't have much to take off!!!:)

It was just an experience that I wanted to "challenge" myself to do!

• 2 weeks later...
Personally I would skip the mud baths and the waterfall, it’s way to crowded. We were there 2 weeks ago on Adventure of the Seas. There was one other Celebrity ship in port that day. Taking a mud bath and shower with a few hundred of my closest friends was not my idea of a good time. The boat ride there and snorkeling by the Pitons was beautiful. We booked with Joys Adventures. I would highly recommend them, I would just skip the mud baths if I did it again.

We are in St. Lucia on Dec 12 on Reflection from 8 am - 6 pm. I have reserved the excursion with Joys Adventures. It looks like a great tour but I was little worried about getting back to the ship on time. I haven't found alot on Cruise Critic about this excursion. How long was your excursion? Did you visit alot of nice spots?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting comment about removing the mud. You would certainly need a shower. Was there a place to change clothes? We have a day spa, quite large, that includes the option of mud. They suggest you wear an old bathing suit, since the mud sometimes stains the suit. DW found issue with mud getting inside top of her suit, the showers were not private. Interested in just how this might work.