B2B search

cary999

Greetings from beautiful sunny southern California.

Since my last (2012) r/t flight from here to Johannesburg SA I have given up flying. (Do you suppose British Airways has anything to do with this?)

Anyway, so to cruise and not to fly we have been taking the Hawaii 28 day cruise r/t Los Angles San Pedro. Yes, this Oct 8 for the fourth time. Anyway (again) I would like to find Princess cruises that can do B2B out of LA. Does P have a search capability to search for this? Changing ships is ok. Might consider a short layover (7 days). Itinerary open.

Thanks All - Tom

and B2B could be 2,3,4 hops

Not sure of your question, however, if you just want to book two consecutive cruises then book one right after the other on whatever ship happens to have LA as the home port for that particular season.

ar1950 - Ok, we want a long cruise or cruises. Cruise leaving from LA, returning to LA. (The 28 day Hawaii is great). But would like to change. Does P web site have a function to put together a 28 day journey. B2B I think would do it.

The HTML timetables might just might work with some study. Thanks easyboy.

regards tom

ar1950 - Ok, we want a long cruise or cruises. Cruise leaving from LA, returning to LA. (The 28 day Hawaii is great). But would like to change. Does P web site have a function to put together a 28 day journey. B2B I think would do it.

The HTML timetables might just might work with some study. Thanks easyboy.

regards tom

The only way that we have ever done it on the Princess website is under "plan a cruise" then "departure end port", pick LA then pick one of the ships and pick a couple of consecutive months and see what itineraries are available one after another.

That Timetables website might be a better alternative.

No, the website doesn't have a special function to check for back to back sailings. You have to look then up as described above

If avoiding flying, but want some new ports or change if scenery, maybe consider LA to Ft Lauderdale via Panama Canal, then maybe a couple Caribbean cruises then back through the Canal to LA.. Could have quite a lovely lengthy sailing season with no flights involved.

Or just a back to back Panama sailing, you'd have a mix of ports in each direction with a little overlap...

Print out a monthly calendar from the internet. Plot all cruises leaving from a single port. Look for cruises you can connect together. There is no easy way, you have to do the leg work. As an example we have booked from L.A. 15 day Hawaii, 7 day Mexico, 15 day Hawaii for February 2019, a b2b2b.

No, the website doesn't have a special function to check for back to back sailings. You have to look then up as described above

If avoiding flying, but want some new ports or change if scenery, maybe consider LA to Ft Lauderdale via Panama Canal, then maybe a couple Caribbean cruises then back through the Canal to LA.. Could have quite a lovely lengthy sailing season with no flights involved.

Or just a back to back Panama sailing, you'd have a mix of ports in each direction with a little overlap...

Usually once a year at least one of the ships does LA to FLL, then FLL to LA.

We did it a couple of years ago on the Pacific. It was GREAT!!!

34 days on the Pacific, what a treat:D

Print out a monthly calendar from the internet. Plot all cruises leaving from a single port. Look for cruises you can connect together. There is no easy way, you have to do the leg work. As an example we have booked from L.A. 15 day Hawaii, 7 day Mexico, 15 day Hawaii for February 2019, a b2b2b.

Yes. We did Hawaii followed by Tahiti. 43 days total.

I haven't checked the future schedule but in the past the ship that did Alaska from San Fran in the summer, also did South America in the winter. To fill in the time between the ship did a 30 day from San Fran to Sydney and then 30 back to LA before sailing south.

You end up with a lot of duplicate ports. The year did the return voyage, about 400 passengers were doing the 60 days.

Next Spring you could do a LA to Vancouver coastal followed by a RT to Alaska, then take the Amtrak Cascades (assuming it's still running) back to LA.

I have taken Amtrak from Vancouver to Chico, CA twice. (Chico is an 8 hour drive north of LA.) You have to catch their bus in Vancouver for maybe 3 hours to Seattle. Then you board the train. After that it is a loooooooooooooooooooooooong train ride and, like I said, we are an 8 hour car ride north of LA. The train takes much longer than 8 hours to make the trip.

Once was OK. The second time we swore to never subject ourselves to that again. It takes a very (very) long time to get to Chico and it would be many (OMG many) more hours more to get to LA. Fly? Sure. Take the train again? NO!!! :eek: