Updating Preferences

Zombatar

Had a letter from P&O today about updating preferences. I assume this is to do with the new EU legislation all companies have to comply with. I've already done one for Cunard. So I tried to login to my P&O account and it wouldn't let me. So I registered again and that was all okay until I tried to validate the new registration at which point the site would not accept the link for the validation. When I tried just logging in now it sends a message back to say "Login Failed" whereas if I try to login with mu original password it now says "Password Invalid".

Anybody else had a similar problem. I thought I would ask on here before I tried ringing P&O as I know just how much help they give for IT problems!!

Peter

I sorted my account on the website first time and today. If you have problems I suggest the solution is (a) phone them on the number given on the letter or (b) send the form back in the reply paid envelope.

Regards John

I tried to register via a Microsoft Edge browser which accepted my details but then wouldn't let me log back in. I then tried to login via a Google Chrome browser and it allowed me to login and edit my profile.

I can't explain why this happened (though someone on here may know) but it worked for me.

Good luck.

Damian

I had various problems last week when trying to update online.

Eventually I managed it but, when I look at the 'My Loyalty' tab nothing shows.

I phoned P&O on Monday to get them to re-input my preferences, which they did, but still nothing shows under 'My Loyalty'.

I assume it's just an IT glitch but will phone again next week if nothing changes.

Has anyone else checked whether their loyalty is displaying correctly?

Did you add your Peninsular Club number to your personal details? I couldn’t do that when I first registered but added it later and my cruise bookings (past and future) are now displayed.

Damian

We updated our info the other day from a link half way down an information e-mail --

Have been on account page on P&O and done it on there too.

We have also had information through the post as well today. That will be filled in and returned too ... want to make sure that we keep our loyalty points!

Had a letter from P&O today about updating preferences. I assume this is to do with the new EU legislation all companies have to comply with. I've already done one for Cunard. So I tried to login to my P&O account and it wouldn't let me. So I registered again and that was all okay until I tried to validate the new registration at which point the site would not accept the link for the validation. When I tried just logging in now it sends a message back to say "Login Failed" whereas if I try to login with mu original password it now says "Password Invalid".

Anybody else had a similar problem. I thought I would ask on here before I tried ringing P&O as I know just how much help they give for IT problems!!

Peter

Hi Peter,

After reading numerous FB posts on this matter I registered both my husband and I online and updated our preferences. My husband received the mailing today but I didn't so I rang P&O just to check that all was ok on our records. Nothing was showing on their records despite all previous cruises etc showing on our on line accounts plus the ticked preferences and our acceptance of remaining in the Peninsular Club.

I would advise a call to P & O as there appears to be a glitch when updating on line. I rang the freephone number and got through in less than a minute.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're very lucky Warford Lady. I've tried to use the freephone number three times this week and the first twice I held on for 40 minutes with no answer. Today I hung on and hung on till after 54 minutes they replied.

I can't log in to my account at all and the person I spoke to couldn't explain why I kept getting the incorrect email or password message when my details auto-fill and it worked up till everybody started updating their preferences

Hi Damian - Yes, everything looks fine under 'My Details' and 'My Preferences' but nothing under 'My Loyalty'. Basically just a link to the Peninsular Club site.

Mine is like that too.

Mine is the same, and furthermore if it does let me login it confuses my account with my daughter's and will not let me change my personal loyalty number from hers to mine. It's a total mess. I will not hang on the phone all day so I have sent them an email demanding that it is put right. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of future cruises!

I just decided to check mine and my husband's preferences and loyalty as we changed them on Sunday. I seem to have mixed experiences depending on how I look at them :

Laptop - preferences ok but no loyalty

IPad - no preferences and no loyalty

Kindle - everything is exactly as we changed them.

I can only say P&O IT is behaving as inconsistently as ever. :confused::confused::confused:

I tried to register via a Microsoft Edge browser which accepted my details but then wouldn't let me log back in. I then tried to login via a Google Chrome browser and it allowed me to login and edit my profile.

I can't explain why this happened (though someone on here may know) but it worked for me.

Good luck.

Damian

Thanks Damien,

It worked for me as well though initially I couldn't see my loyalty or cruise history. After an extensive search of the house I discovered my Portunas number logged back in and didn't need as all the details were there!

Peter

You're very lucky Warford Lady. I've tried to use the freephone number three times this week and the first twice I held on for 40 minutes with no answer. Today I hung on and hung on till after 54 minutes they replied.

I can't log in to my account at all and the person I spoke to couldn't explain why I kept getting the incorrect email or password message when my details auto-fill and it worked up till everybody started updating their preferences

Some people elsewhere are saying when they changed browser they got in straight away. I use an I pad and safari and have never had any problem.

This was posted the other day on their web site.

As you may be aware, the law is changing and as a result we are asking you to confirm how you would like to hear from us. These changes also mean we need you to confirm that you would like to remain enrolled in our loyalty club, The Peninsular Club.

If you do not choose to enrol by 1 December 2018, you will no longer receive your loyalty benefits. We will however keep your cruise history on record so the option is there to re-enrol after this date should you choose to. Visit for more information, to change preferences and register: https://www.pocruises.com/myaccount/

Not sure why the date change from the end of May. However you seem to be able to re register at any time and the only thing you miss would be communication from the company if you have not registered. As per this new law.

After reading this thread, I tried to log into my account. It doesn't recognise my password and/or login. I tried to find out why or re register. No way at all. What a shambles, I'll just turn up with my tickets and cases and hope for the best!

After reading this thread, I tried to log into my account. It doesn't recognise my password and/or login. I tried to find out why or re register. No way at all. What a shambles, I'll just turn up with my tickets and cases and hope for the best!

Open google chrome and then go onto the P&O website, open the menu option on the right hand top, choose my account, login on there and you should go straight in.

Worked for me.

Peter

Open google chrome and then go onto the P&O website, open the menu option on the right hand top, choose my account, login on there and you should go straight in.

Worked for me.

Peter

And me - ticked the box for remain in Loyalty, set the email/mail/phone preferences. Then checked the loyalty points and all was correct. I use Chrome also.

They do seem to have a problem with their database. I used to login no problem. My iPad has a memory of the account details. But no, it won’t now log me in, nor did it know my email address. I tried to reregister, it took me twice for this to occur correctly. Reregistering has my future cruises showing but no previous cruise history for the loyalty.

Shambles. I’ll get them to sort it sometime...

Using Google Chrome - had to get new password as it didn't recognise it. Got in with new reset p/w and all ok, checked preferences etc, tick Loyalty box, saw cruise history and forthcoming cruises booked - but NO loyalty showing! It's on our Cruise Personaliser but not showing on the account! Holding on the phone as I type! :rolleyes:

Using Google Chrome - had to get new password as it didn't recognise it. Got in with new reset p/w and all ok, checked preferences etc, tick Loyalty box, saw cruise history and forthcoming cruises booked - but NO loyalty showing! It's on our Cruise Personaliser but not showing on the account! Holding on the phone as I type! :rolleyes:

I await your result! :D

I await your result! :D

The lady from P&O said they'd had a few problems but was able to tell me my Loyalty Tier and number of points accrued by checking her system. She said she'd 'Refresh' the details for both myself and husband. We've waited 15 minutes to check both accounts (as though you'd need to!) but no Loyalty showing!!! What a Fred Karno's!

We've fallen foul of it because we share an email address and the system won't let us both use it. A lovely lady at P&O is trying to sort it out, but it's a real mess and it looks as though my husband will have to get a separate email address just for this. What a ridiculous state of affairs. Don't want to lose loyalty club benefits after all this time!