Kids clubs and keeping in touch

Sue's Mom

They can’t contact you unless they have their phone and internet. Just pop back to see if they want to leave, that’s what we did. Or, you can call kids club from one of the phones dotted around the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you sign them in there is a space to write where you will be. I was told a member of staff would come looking for me if I was needed . So when they were little I would stay by the same pool so they could find me if needed

I thought the club could give you a pager for the Night Nursery, if so surely they could do for the general club. You can always ask on board.

Regards John

I do think they give you a pager for the night nursery but that's only for the under 4s

They will call your cabin or in an emergency they can easily put out a call. We checked on our son, he was mortified. It has changed since then though I think 15 and under have to be signed in and out.

I think it is 12 and under who have to be signed in/out. The teenagers centre 13+ come and go as they please and no signing is done, just checking they are teen members. "This room operates an open door policy" is what it says on the last leaflet I read regarding H2O as it was known at the time.

Regards John

I think it is 12 and under who have to be signed in/out. The teenagers centre 13+ come and go as they please and no signing is done, just checking they are teen members. "This room operates an open door policy" is what it says on the last leaflet I read regarding H2O as it was known at the time.

Regards John

100 % correct John.

12 and under signed in and signed out, 13 and overs do their own thing.

In my experience (Aurora and Britannia) you can’t, they are not allowed to have their mobile phones either. Don’t know if the staff will come and find you, they never offered that. Hence on Britannia recently my 12 year old (and a few others) point blank refused to go, 12 is far too old to be signed in. They are then not allowed to go into the teens rooms which results in groups of pre teens hanging around bored. However, going off topic - you can phone using the ships phones.

I am now worrying that I should have looked into P&O a lot more and we probably would not have booked our cruise. I know it is not expensive but being retired with a shrinking pension we cannot afford to throw money away.

Don’t worry, he may love the kids club - lots of other kids did go. If not there are other activities and the pools and sports court - the weather was really bad on our Easter cruise so the outdoor activities were limited.

Also, my 12 year old was with his brothers and friends (13, 14, 16), so having to be the young one and be signed in was a big problem, if he had been on his own it might not have been so bad. Plus, there is lots of entertainment, mine liked some of the shows and family quizzes, failing that there are loads of movies in the room!!

I’m sure he will love it. My boys love cruising.