Cost of Cunard Transfers from Southampton to Heathrow and London

Desert Cruisers

We are not sure yet what we will be doing when we get off the QM2 in early September 2018. We do have a lot of OBC and were wondering what Cunard typically charges for:

1) Transfer to Heathrow (and how early a flight might we be able to take?)

2) Transfer to London (Victoria Bus Station? How early does the transfer typically leave?)

Prices in either USD or GBP are fine.

We usually take the train into London Waterloo and stay close by but, as I mentioned, we may have some extra OBC to use.

Thanks for any info.

Most of the transfers I have had in the past few years have cost Can.$48 which, at Cunard's favourable exchange rate for us, is U.S. $40. Occasionally they can be higher, such as Can.$72 which I assume is U.S.$60. These rates are for bookings in advance.

Booking transfers on board is often higher - sometimes quite a bit higher - but sometimes it is the same.

The current rate quoted on Cunard's US web site for the post-voyage coach transfer to Heathrow airport is $60 per person (as mentioned by GrayFal) when booked in advance. The coach transfer to Victoria Coach Station is currently quoted at $40 per person when booked in advance. Those rates may indeed be somewhat higher when booked on board (which would be necessary in order to use OBC).

I have a Cunard transfer booking form from three years ago which states the coach transfer to Heathrow is only for flights departing 1:00pm or later. I can't vouch for that being Cunard's current stipulation regarding flight timings, but thought it might be helpful anyway to provide that bit of information even though it may be out-of-date. If no one here can provide more up-to-date information about earliest flight timings for the Cunard coach transfer to Heathrow, I'd recommend giving Cunard customer service a call about that to obtain their advice prior to booking flights.

Can somebody help?

Are the rates the same for the opposite direction? I.e. Heathrow to Southampton?

What is the latest time a flight can come into LHR to be offered a coach transfer?

Are transfers offered from the London City Airport, too?

Can somebody help?

Are the rates the same for the opposite direction? I.e. Heathrow to Southampton?

What is the latest time a flight can come into LHR to be offered a coach transfer?

Are transfers offered from the London City Airport, too?

Cunard's US web site is quoting a pre-voyage coach transfer from Heathrow to the ship for $80 per person. The rate for a coach transfer from Gatwick to the ship is $100 per person. There are no Cunard transfers offered from London City Airport. Other coach transfer options are from Victoria Coach station for $40 per person and St Pancras train station also for $40 per person.

The stated latest scheduled flight arrival time for the Cunard coach transfer from either Heathrow or Gatwick is 11:30am.

Cunard's US web site is quoting a pre-voyage coach transfer from Heathrow to the ship for $80 per person. The rate for a coach transfer from Gatwick to the ship is $100 per person. There are no Cunard transfers offered from London City Airport. Other coach transfer options are from Victoria Coach station for $40 per person and St Pancras train station also for $40 per person.

The stated latest scheduled flight arrival time for the Cunard coach transfer from either Heathrow or Gatwick is 11:30am.

Thank you very much for this comprehensive answer!

Doing what I normally do

Flying to London for several great days of dining, theater and just walking London while staying at the terrific Renaissance St Pancras. Then on embarkation day walking a short distance into St Pancras Station to the coach transfer directly to the QM2 in Southhampton for the only civilized way to return to the Big Apple

Doing what I normally do

Flying to London for several great days of dining, theater and just walking London while staying at the terrific Renaissance St Pancras. Then on embarkation day walking a short distance into St Pancras Station to the coach transfer directly to the QM2 in Southhampton for the only civilized way to return to the Big Apple

Sounds like fun, and you can pop into St. Pancras International for a quick Eurostar trip to Paris for Lunch if you choose to.

Sounds like fun, and you can pop into St. Pancras International for a quick Eurostar trip to Paris for Lunch if you choose to.
Done that..a few years ago

Flew to Paris for 5 days, then took Eurostar to St Pancras via Chunnel...then 5 days later, the transfer to the QM2 for the voyage back to Red Hook

Is it possible to get a transfer from St Pancras? Thought it was only Victoria or Heathrow.

Yes, it is. Quoted from Cunard's US web site under Pre-Voyage Packages for a westbound crossing:

"Name: Transfer St Pancras Train Station

Coach transfer from London St Pancras International Station to the ship, berthed in Southampton. A Cunard representative will meet you at the exit doors of Eurostar arrivals located on the ground floor from 09:30 - 11:30 am, the transfer will depart at 11:30 am. It is your responsibility to be on time and failure to do so could result in you missing the transfer. No refund will be provided in this instance. Transfer is valid on embarkation day only. Travelling time approximately 2 - 2.5 hours depending on traffic. Local operator Intercruises who can be contact no: +44 (0)20 7467 7690.

Single: $40.00"

Blue marble - thank you for this. Perhaps it's just for US travellers (or from the continent) - I can't see it mentioned on the UK website but perhaps I'm missing something? St Pancras would be very convenient for us so it's worth a phone call/enquiry next time we go from Southampton.

I think that if you want to use up your OBC, you will have to book your transfers on board, and the rates are a little higher than the rates quoted for purchase on-line pre-board. Still a good use of your excess OBC. If you have a lot of excess OBC, you can use it to shop on board, buy some clothes as gifts for family and friends.

And be sure to visit the Betjeman Arms pub in St. Pancras station. It's worth it just for the decor.

Magnificent.

• 1 month later...