Regal Princess

glor

Hi. Does anyone know if the Dolphin deck aft balcony is the same size as the Baja deck aft balcony?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Yes they are the same. just remember the decks tower down on an angle so the peeps above

can see you.....Unless your on Marina deck below the Lido deck:cool:

Here's a post from Dave showing the Royal's aft balconies which are the same on the Regal.

Hi Brian,

I think the Baja Deck aft is the only deck that doesn't get to 'split' that space between the cabins like the ones above them, but it appears B739 still has a relatively deep balcony. Here are a few annotated pictures from the 'Everything' thread showing the aft facing balconies:

8957384058_5fd2c6f569_b.jpg

9391397190_06541f215d_b.jpg

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg

We were in Dolphin 726 2 weeks ago, got off on March 19th. The only people who can see us were from the Caribe deck. Baja and above were pretty far back they'd have to lean out a few feet to see Dolphin's aft balconies.

From Lido Deck I could easily see Marina and Riviera decks' aft balconies. Avoid those if you want some sort of privacy.

We booked a room on the caribe, so I am wondering....

Are the balcony rooms on the caribe deck larger than the other decks like on the other ships?

Or are they all smaller balcony?

Thanks!

If you're talking about side-of-the-ship balconies, not aft-facing, then, no, the Caribe deck balconies are not all larger. However, some balconies are larger around midship, where the sides of the ship curve to mimic shape of the Seawalk. You can clearly see this on the deck plan, so you can tell right away if your cabin is one of those with the larger curved balcony.

If you're talking about side-of-the-ship balconies, not aft-facing, then, no, the Caribe deck balconies are not all larger. However, some balconies are larger around midship, where the sides of the ship curve to mimic shape of the Seawalk. You can clearly see this on the deck plan, so you can tell right away if your cabin is one of those with the larger curved balcony.

Yes the side thanks for your help.

We booked a room on the caribe, so I am wondering....

Are the balcony rooms on the caribe deck larger than the other decks like on the other ships?

Or are they all smaller balcony?

Thanks!

The Royal class ships do not have the tiered "layer cake" balconies of the Grand class ships but are all the same depth of about four feet. The only Caribe deck balconies the are larger are the four true aft Deluxe balconies on Caribe deck (and Aloha and Emerald deck) that appear to be about five feet deep. There are also the somewhat larger balconies on some of the central "bump out" cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To be specific I am asking about A738 on Royal. So it is direct aft. How does it's size compare to the standard balcony? Anyone have dimensions ? Just want it to be comfortable to sit out and read or have a glass of wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

S3 (aft suites) category room sizes per Princess, on the Regal in square feet:

Marina - 680

Riviera - 680

Aloha - 587

Baja - 665

Carib - 591

Dolphin - 682

Emerald - 665

Assuming the interior of all suites are the same size, the differences are from the balconies. BTW, we had a suite on the Dolphin deck. The balcony was simply gorgeous. We had a round table with 4 dining chairs and 2 lounge chairs. That balcony can easily fit another 2 lounge chairs and still have space to spare.

Astro Flyer ... Do you have a link to the site/post where you got those pictures? They're great! I had the site bookmarked before ... but lost it. :(

Here's that link to Dave's (dmwnc1959) great photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39317356

He spent a lot of time gathering photos & labeling them as many of us eagerly anticipated the Royal's completion. The photos he took on the ship are also great & he's been so generous with his time to benefit all of us. :)

FYI for future reference...by clicking on "Originally Posted by" in any quote that takes you to the post being quoted where you could get the link to it.

• 2 weeks later...