MSC Website Changes

Beamafar

I've noticed that the 'Already Booked' tag has been removed. Am I right in thinking that the only way to access the drinks package prices now is by having to log in, choose a future booking and check under 'Enhance your cruise'? I discovered this last week on the US site which I'd always used for a link for prices for the forum but MSC has since removed the drop-down menu on both the Ireland and UK sites as well and I can't seem to find the link for drinks package prices other than the way I've outlined.

Bea ... It's been like that a few weeks now and the whole site is a total mess, contact from MSC says it will not be fixed any time soon! They know there is an issue and say the I.T department are working on it.

Our September booking disappeared from the future booking section and if I log in via the booking number and name it says booking cancelled.

It really is a mess, today it would not let me log in at all to the booked cruises side.

Yeah, they seem to be making changes to the website daily trying to address the serious problems they have with it.

I think they need to hire a professional web development staff to get this fixed once and for all. If they really want to showcase their brand and get in on the cruise market here in America, they need to put a web presence on the Internet that's worthy of the Seaside. If people loyal to other cruiselines don't come away with a positive experience at http://www.msccruiselinesusa.com, they're not going to risk money on cruising the Seaside or any other ship with the MSC logo on the side. I don't know how much it costs to construct a ship like Seaside, but rolling out a website of similar quality & scale is certainly much less. MSC should take the steps to do that as soon as possible. It should be online already, but they can make an investment now that can create a worthy web site by the end of the year.

With new ships costing in the region of 900 million plus dollars it makes you wonder how little is going on the websites.

MSC appear to be making changes without first fixing the issues that have been there for a number of years and to continue to try and run before you can walk is just courting disaster where customers are concerned.

Dave .................. I haven't had any problems accessing my bookings for add-ons ........................ yet!

It just seemed strange that they've removed access to the drinks packages on the 3 sites (as well as other stuff that I'm sure I'll miss when I go looking). I hate it when they try upgrading - they make such a cxxk-up of things.

Max ............... you're right. There'll be even less tolerance in the US for a poor website and MSC really should be concentrating on getting it right if they want to grow their market share in the region. They're trying to walk before they can crawl by expanding too fast.

Thank goodness for this forum - it provides more information than the MSC website, anyway!

Dave ................. great minds think alike etc etc. I was typing as you posted!

With new ships costing in the region of 900 million plus dollars it makes you wonder how little is going on the websites.

MSC appear to be making changes without first fixing the issues that have been there for a number of years and to continue to try and run before you can walk is just courting disaster where customers are concerned.

Exactly! People in other industries do the same thing! For example, developers will build a high-rise apartment building, bringing in a few hundred more cars into an area before putting money into the roads. All these new people move in, traffic is gridlocked in the neighborhood for two years while they subsequently widen the intersections and add other safety features for all the children. In my opinion, they should widen the roads first - then build the new housing!

Likewise, MSC should have taken steps to setup a world-class web-site first, then launched a couple of new ships in a market they're trying to establish a foothold. It's not too late, but they need to hurry up! That new website needs to be up and running smoothly before MSC Seaside makes her maiden voyage from Miami!

They should already have a webcam broadcasting live feeds from Ocean Cay too as it undergoes construction! They could have somebody doing live podcasts weekly or monthly in these early stages of construction, then increase them in frequency as construction nears completion. This could culminate in a live broadcast with fireworks, live music, Cirque de Sol-A, etc when Seaside calls on Ocean Cay for the first time! Like a New Years Eve broadcast! How cool would that be! I think they need to hire me to plan this out for them! LOL

MSC's website issues are very similar to other cruise lines. Most major cruise lines have terrible, glitchy, and error filled websites (looking at Celebrity the most...) . Call your TA or call MSC direct and you don't have to deal with the site.

Bea ... I can access our Seaside Xmas sailing because it was booked way back in 2015, I can also access everything else with regard to that booking.

The Preziosa booking was there and I could access most things apart from the cabin details which were wrong, that booking has now gone.

I have got the booking details from MSC in an e mail, the booking reference part on the right shows the wrong cabin and deck and says booking cancelled due to the website issue.

Putting Bellissima on sale at this time has added to the problems as well.

Max ... Hopefully when Meraviglia is christened MSC will concentrate on Seaside and the website.

I have to admit I found the MSC website clunky, but I got a little better with it with a little more exposure. the app is meh, at best.

the MSC website is firewalled at my office. sweet. NCL and CCL are not and they're much easier to navigate. I would vastly prefer to book my own cruises, if possible. I must admit that Jess in the Voyager's Club area was the best person to deal with ever. My wife and I both spoke to her individually and both of us would hire her in a new York minute for our own businesses. She made the entire booking experience a pure delight.