Witenblauw villa A Decadent Day in Paradise

Tulsajsas

Wondering if anyone has any information about this shore excursion offered by celebrity or royal caribbean? Thanks!

I have toured this property. It is spectacular! It has always been DH's faviorite property on the island beating out Donald trumps recently purchased property. It is owned by the lovely man who owns the Carousel. The beach in front is too rocky to swim in BTW but the two pools should probably be plenty for most people to keep them happy. There is a restaurant at the La Vista Resort and a few at the Flamingo resort if lunch is not provided. It would be a lovely place to spend a quiet relaxing day.

How much are they charging and what is included?

Thanks for the quick reply! The cost is $189 per person. Trying to decide is its worth it. Here is the description from RCCL website.

This tour will take you in air conditioned transportation to Villa Witenblauw where you can rejuvenate in the magical environment of brilliantly colored tropical gardens, the glistening light of the sun on the sea, a photographer’s dream, on this privileged tour of luxurious Caribbean living.

Upon arrival you will be greeted with a welcome glass of Champagne before being shown to your sun-loungers with comfortable cushions, double umbrellas and a plush towel for sun, pool and sea bathing. Unlimited water, soda, juice, beer, wine and mixed drinks will be served throughout the day by your waiter. Relax or swim in a shimmering pool and revitalise in a magical body of salt water, fresh from the sea. A bubbling Jacuzzi awaits with pleasure. A Mermaid beckons in a sister pool of fresh water. Stroll the white sand beach of Lai Baie, shower under a soft nebuli spray before lunch on the expansive polished teak terrace.

A chic Italian style buffet will be served including a mouth watering, home made Italian dessert. Stroll a photographer's dream, explore the terraced gardens of blooming bougainvillea, hibiscus, sweet fragranced frangipani and jasmine. Witenblauw...White and Blue. Take in a private utopia known for its relaxing, uplifting and totally romantic ambience. More awaits to a palette of taste.

Thanks for the quick reply! The cost is $189 per person. Trying to decide is its worth it. Here is the description from RCCL website.

This tour will take you in air conditioned transportation to Villa Witenblauw where you can rejuvenate in the magical environment of brilliantly colored tropical gardens, the glistening light of the sun on the sea, a photographer’s dream, on this privileged tour of luxurious Caribbean living.

Upon arrival you will be greeted with a welcome glass of Champagne before being shown to your sun-loungers with comfortable cushions, double umbrellas and a plush towel for sun, pool and sea bathing. Unlimited water, soda, juice, beer, wine and mixed drinks will be served throughout the day by your waiter. Relax or swim in a shimmering pool and revitalise in a magical body of salt water, fresh from the sea. A bubbling Jacuzzi awaits with pleasure. A Mermaid beckons in a sister pool of fresh water. Stroll the white sand beach of Lai Baie, shower under a soft nebuli spray before lunch on the expansive polished teak terrace.

A chic Italian style buffet will be served including a mouth watering, home made Italian dessert. Stroll a photographer's dream, explore the terraced gardens of blooming bougainvillea, hibiscus, sweet fragranced frangipani and jasmine. Witenblauw...White and Blue. Take in a private utopia known for its relaxing, uplifting and totally romantic ambience. More awaits to a palette of taste.

Thanks for all of the information. Do you know what the maximum number per day is?

Gary a quick question for you. The villa that is offered here is the large one right on the beach next to the Flamingo resort toward Pelican Key and just befor the security gate inside where the Flamingo is. Have you ever heard of that stretch of beach being called Lai Baie before? I have not. I googled it and didn't see it there either.

I do not know the maximum number of guest allowed. Wonder if anyone would have that info?

You should be able to get that info from the shore excusion desk. Try calling the cruiseline and ask to be transferred or ask for there e-mail.

Gary a quick question for you. The villa that is offered here is the large one right on the beach next to the Flamingo resort toward Pelican Key and just befor the security gate inside where the Flamingo is. Have you ever heard of that stretch of beach being called Lai Baie before? I have not. I googled it and didn't see it there either.

I have heard it referred to as Lay Bay before.

We've stayed at La Vista and La Vista Beach several times, which is adjacent, and I remember someone there referring to it as Stone Bay, Steenbaai in Dutch.

gary

I have heard it referred to as Lay Bay before.

We've stayed at La Vista and La Vista Beach several times, which is adjacent, and I remember someone there referring to it as Stone Bay, Steenbaai in Dutch.

gary

I don't think I have ever heard of it having a name before. Thanks:)

Spoke to a rep with celebrity. Not an exact number but she estimated a limit of 20-30 people.

I will be interested in hearing how it is if you decide to go. This is the same man who owns the Carousel Icecream Parlor with the beautiful crystal chandelier and marble stair case around back not to mention the antique carousel itself. He built it for the islanders to have a reasonably priced place to bring their children to. It is a beautiful place. I can't help but think that he would not be associated with something that wasn't classy yet not snobby. (if that makes any sense)

I will be interested in hearing how it is if you decide to go. This is the same man who owns the Carousel Icecream Parlor with the beautiful crystal chandelier and marble stair case around back not to mention the antique carousel itself. He built it for the islanders to have a reasonably priced place to bring their children to. It is a beautiful place. I can't help but think that he would not be associated with something that wasn't classy yet not snobby. (if that makes any sense)

It makes total sense. I will let you know if we decide on this. Thanks for all of your help!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We enjoyed the Decadent Day in Paradise shore excursion so much that I joined Cruise Critic so that I could make positive posts about it. We were there last week and enjoyed an amazing day with Georgia and her wonderful staff. This is a new shore excursion available only to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity guests and they limit the excursion to 20. The open bar is well-stocked and very available all day. The lunch is exquisite. The scenery is beautiful and the two pools and whirlpool are fabulous. The price is a little high but we felt like it was an excellent value. Enjoy!

We enjoyed the Decadent Day in Paradise shore excursion so much that I joined Cruise Critic so that I could make positive posts about it. We were there last week and enjoyed an amazing day with Georgia and her wonderful staff. This is a new shore excursion available only to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity guests and they limit the excursion to 20. The open bar is well-stocked and very available all day. The lunch is exquisite. The scenery is beautiful and the two pools and whirlpool are fabulous. The price is a little high but we felt like it was an excellent value. Enjoy!

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed this excursion. Georgia is the owner of the Villa's daughter and she would have a vested interest to make sure that people really enjoy themselves. Twenty people max at this villa would ensure that it wasn't crowded. Thanks for sharing.:)

Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I am going to book today after reading your post. Will write a review when I get back after May 17, 2014.

Thanks again.

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can you email me any pics and info about this excursion- how crowded? how much time you spent there? how was the food? how deep was the pool?

thanks!

Sidra

sr5242@sbcglobal.net

Edited by sr5242

• 2 weeks later...

I completed this tour last week while on the Oasis. There has been minimal feedback and like all of you, I was curious about this tour. I was able to book prior to sailing for myself but was unable to book my traveling partners. Once on board, I wait-listed 3 tickets. What I learned is this excursion is limited to 20 participants and is exclusive to RCCL and Celebrity. For the day I was in St. Martin, this meant 10 tickets each for the Oasis and Reflection. Since there were only 5 tickets purchased by the Reflection, the night prior to our arrival in St. Martin the wait-listed tickets were delivered to our cabins.

The excursion was from 9 am-2 pm; the times may vary sailing to sailing based upon ship schedules. The Reflection was leaving earlier than the Oasis so I believe we had a shorter excursion time. The brochure lists it as a 6 1/2 hr. tour. The villa is approx. a 20 minute commute trip from the ship. The villa is as pictured, the grounds are beautiful and well cared for by the owners. The daughter, Georgina is on hand and very involved in ensuring you have the highest level of customer service. There is a bar area staffed by a bartender, Nurwina. There was a limited beer selection, wine, soda, water and hard liquer available. No frozen drinks but pretty much anything on the rocks one would order. The buffet lunch is authentic Italian food. A rice salad, bow-tie pasta in pesto sauce, mixed greens, marinated olives, red peppers, beef and salmon carparcio and dessert strawberry gelato cake from their shop the Carousal.

The weather wasn't co-operative and we had rain, wind and clouds the day we attended which did diminish our experience. This excursion is geared towards lounging by the pool and we were limited in our activities due to the weather. The pool deck has a salt water pool, a walk in entrance and I believe it was pretty shallow, less than 4 feet deep. The second pool is fresh water and appeared deeper but I didn't check the deep. There is also a jacuzzi which several of used. The beach in front of the villa is not a swimmable beach due to rocks and strong undertow.

This excursion is exclusive and would be good for those who don't want to be with large crowds. I would say it is a pool day with transportation, lunch and open bar included. For my group I thought it was over priced. We had 1 drink a piece, lunch and transportation which lent for a very nice day but not worth 189.00 in my opinion.

I completed this tour last week while on the Oasis. There has been minimal feedback and like all of you, I was curious about this tour. I was able to book prior to sailing for myself but was unable to book my traveling partners. Once on board, I wait-listed 3 tickets. What I learned is this excursion is limited to 20 participants and is exclusive to RCCL and Celebrity. For the day I was in St. Martin, this meant 10 tickets each for the Oasis and Reflection. Since there were only 5 tickets purchased by the Reflection, the night prior to our arrival in St. Martin the wait-listed tickets were delivered to our cabins.

The excursion was from 9 am-2 pm; the times may vary sailing to sailing based upon ship schedules. The Reflection was leaving earlier than the Oasis so I believe we had a shorter excursion time. The brochure lists it as a 6 1/2 hr. tour. The villa is approx. a 20 minute commute trip from the ship. The villa is as pictured, the grounds are beautiful and well cared for by the owners. The daughter, Georgina is on hand and very involved in ensuring you have the highest level of customer service. There is a bar area staffed by a bartender, Nurwina. There was a limited beer selection, wine, soda, water and hard liquer available. No frozen drinks but pretty much anything on the rocks one would order. The buffet lunch is authentic Italian food. A rice salad, bow-tie pasta in pesto sauce, mixed greens, marinated olives, red peppers, beef and salmon carparcio and dessert strawberry gelato cake from their shop the Carousal.

The weather wasn't co-operative and we had rain, wind and clouds the day we attended which did diminish our experience. This excursion is geared towards lounging by the pool and we were limited in our activities due to the weather. The pool deck has a salt water pool, a walk in entrance and I believe it was pretty shallow, less than 4 feet deep. The second pool is fresh water and appeared deeper but I didn't check the deep. There is also a jacuzzi which several of used. The beach in front of the villa is not a swimmable beach due to rocks and strong undertow.

This excursion is exclusive and would be good for those who don't want to be with large crowds. I would say it is a pool day with transportation, lunch and open bar included. For my group I thought it was over priced. We had 1 drink a piece, lunch and transportation which lent for a very nice day but not worth 189.00 in my opinion.

Bad weather days are always on my mind when booking excursions as they can certainly have an affect on a beach day or pool day like you had. I think weather should be included in review areas of cruises and hotels etc as it really can make a difference on your experience like you acknowledged.

I would think that for those looking for a great meal and a little relaxation, a nice lunch in Grand Case and a rented beach chair at Grand Case Beach or Petite Plage Beach with a swim in the ocean would be a good alternative that gives more flexibility in the case of wet weather. You wouldn't get the level of service or the exclusive feel that this villa would give you though.

• 2 weeks later...