The Logic for booking Club Class?

Corfe Mixture

Actually we have already experienced Club Class dining when in a suite and agree with all the positive comments

BUT

until I found myself in the situation of having to be waitlisted for a suite, I had never looked at the difference in cost between a normal mini-suite and a Club Class mini and was surprised that the difference was greater than the cost of dining EVERY NIGHT in the Crown Grill

AND

whilst I appreciate the benefits of Club Class dining, IMHO the benefits do not compare with the experience of either The Crown Grill or Sabatini’s.

So given the choice between paying £1000 extra for a Club Class mini-suite or £600 to eat in The Crown Grill every night, The Crown Grill wins hands down every time.

On the subject of your last paragraph where you say that Club Class dining enhances the suite experience, then I have to disagree. This was discussed at the time Club Class was introduced and a number of people, including myself, observed that, under the old system, suite passengers were generally unofficially assigned a reserved designated table in Anytime Dining and could therefore enjoy the equivalent benefits of Club Class dining and enjoy the company of friends irrespective of their cabin grade. However that is another subject and not relevant to my original observation that for Elites in mini-suites there are better and cheaper dining options than paying for Club Class.

Since you have experienced Club Dining then you will know for sure what is best for you. If the location of the Club Dining Minisuite are of no value to you, then it should be a easy decision for you.

Even if you get the suite, I would think Princess would allow you to have a table in the regular Anytime dining room, so you can dine with your friends. You are correct, we will have to agree to disagree on whether Club Dining enhances the Suite experience. For me, it does.

Enjoy your B2B cruises.

Actually we have already experienced Club Class dining when in a suite and agree with all the positive comments

BUT

until I found myself in the situation of having to be waitlisted for a suite, I had never looked at the difference in cost between a normal mini-suite and a Club Class mini and was surprised that the difference was greater than the cost of dining EVERY NIGHT in the Crown Grill

AND

whilst I appreciate the benefits of Club Class dining, IMHO the benefits do not compare with the experience of either The Crown Grill or Sabatini’s.

So given the choice between paying £1000 extra for a Club Class mini-suite or £600 to eat in The Crown Grill every night, The Crown Grill wins hands down every time.

On the subject of your last paragraph where you say that Club Class dining enhances the suite experience, then I have to disagree. This was discussed at the time Club Class was introduced and a number of people, including myself, observed that, under the old system, suite passengers were generally unofficially assigned a reserved designated table in Anytime Dining and could therefore enjoy the equivalent benefits of Club Class dining and enjoy the company of friends irrespective of their cabin grade. However that is another subject and not relevant to my original observation that for Elites in mini-suites there are better and cheaper dining options than paying for Club Class.

I would not pay that much for a CC mini either, but I have booked 5 cruises over the next 1yr or so and have booked CC on all and the difference has been from $8.27pp - $19.54pp per day only! Also, the menu on Crown Grill is really very limited after you pick your protein. I would be upchucking if I were on a 24 day cruise and had to eat dinner every night in Crown Grill!

If you can get a good price for a CC mini it is worth it for just the dining experience and location of the stateroom. Now my big wish would be that every ship on Princess line had Window Suites to book!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a good deal!

Pooh

Is the extra for CC worth it, well it is up to you. We like a suite due to the room size and location, the extras are good, which include CC dining which we liked.

We enjoy our cabin ( minimum cruise is 13 nights ) so inside is out if the question, so it all come down the money and what you are comfortable to pay, to get what you what. If you don't like princess's offering of CC don't do it, or try a different line.

Cheers Don

Unable to get a confirmed booking for our normal suite, yesterday I decided to book a mini-suite and wait list for an aft suite at which point I had to make a choice about which grade of mini-suite to book.

The cruise concerned is 24 days long and the difference in price between an MB mini-suite and a Club Class M1 mini-suite is exactly £1000 which offers Club Class dining and a few other extras. However, as we are Elite, apart from the Club Class dining, these other extras don't appear to offer us anything at all.

BUT

I can eat EVERY NIGHT in the Crown Grill at a time of my choosing for less than £600.

So, why would I ever consider booking a Club Class mini-suite?

Or am I missing something?

You are dead on. For an elite passenger, the only perk for club is the dining. As you pointed out, you can go to the Crown most nights and save money.

However, part of the amount for M1 is the location. In the past we paid 1 to 2 hundred a week to go from MB to an MA (now M1) room. So the 1000 isn't all Club dining.

On our last cruise last month we were in a CC cabin. I caught a sale that lasted one weekend and was able to get a CC cabin for nearly the same price I was already paying for a mini. Since we are elite the only perk was the two half bottles of wine and the CC MDR which of course is just a side section of the regular MDR with the same menu. The meal service was nice, attentive service and one added selection every night with a dish prepared "table side" (actually prepared in the center of the area). I could get very accustomed to it until I see the price increase for the service. To me it is simply too expensive for what we would get in the MDR.

I wonder if they are also adding to the size of the CC dining area in the restaurant.

Currently the size of the CC dining area is appropriate to the number of guests on the program...at least based on our cruise this month. I say that given that we were always seated immediately or, once, with a less than 5 minute wait. If the number of guests increases, obviously the dining space will need to increase accordingly.

If you pay 1000$ for ClubClass, you're probably the kind of person that gets suckered into purchasing paint and fabric sealer when buying a new car. ;)

LOL :D

I just went through that same thing with a dealer after we agreed on a price with the salesman.

There must be a lot of profit in scaring the public....after all why would people want to be standing in long lines to eat dinner. ;);)

LOL :D

I just went through that same thing with a dealer after we agreed on a price with the salesman.

There must be a lot of profit in scaring the public....after all why would people want to be standing in long lines to eat dinner. ;);)

That being said, I've never had long waits (longest was 20 minutes). I'd much rather spend the cash I saved not purchasing Club Class on a nice glass of wine at Vines while waiting for a table to free up.

Most people that are booking Club Class are not on these boards...and those that are, are booking CC for the location of the cabin or they got a good deal. There are plenty of people out there that want "the experience" and do not care about the price..Princess is trying to attract these new cruisers and keep ones that are beginning to drift to other lines...

.........kudos to them for making some major MDR menu changes, on our recent Ruby sailing...and improvement to the internet on some ships.......it is about time....

Most people that are booking Club Class are not on these boards...and those that are, are booking CC for the location of the cabin or they got a good deal. There are plenty of people out there that want "the experience" and do not care about the price..Princess is trying to attract these new cruisers and keep ones that are beginning to drift to other lines...

.........kudos to them for making some major MDR menu changes, on our recent Ruby sailing...and improvement to the internet on some ships.......it is about time....

Exactly--and we are in the "got a good deal" group. I've seen prices for the upgrade to CC ranging from $0 to $30 pp per day. I don't know where I would draw the line on price, but it would be toward the low end! This is honestly how food and service used to be for everyone cruising. And it is nice to have it "back again," but it isn't worth a large price increase.

This is honestly how food and service used to be for everyone cruising. And it is nice

to have it "back again' date='" but it isn't worth a large price increase.[/quote']

Methinks that last is why the former is gone. :confused:

Booked a Club Class mini suite for a cruise out of Sydney, next year, on the Majestic. Booked it because I want that huge balcony, forward on Marina deck & it just happens to be a Club Class cabin. I don't see the value of booking a Club Class cabin for the "benefits."

Unable to get a confirmed booking for our normal suite, yesterday I decided to book a mini-suite and wait list for an aft suite at which point I had to make a choice about which grade of mini-suite to book.

The cruise concerned is 24 days long and the difference in price between an MB mini-suite and a Club Class M1 mini-suite is exactly £1000 which offers Club Class dining and a few other extras. However, as we are Elite, apart from the Club Class dining, these other extras don't appear to offer us anything at all.

BUT

I can eat EVERY NIGHT in the Crown Grill at a time of my choosing for less than £600.

So, why would I ever consider booking a Club Class mini-suite?

Or am I missing something?

We are elite too... do not see any value in Club Class... like you we know we can go to the Crown Grill every night if we want for less and have a great dinner. We did this on one ship, literally had a set table and could arrive 1/2 hour give or take when we wanted every night and did.

We could never eat at the Crown Grill every night! I don't think there is enough variety and there is too much food. Yes I know only you and you alone can control what you eat. We are trying CC for the first time this fall for 24 days. Anytime dining does not work for us because we like the same waiters and we don't like the "times" for traditional. So, we are going to give it a whirl. We are also in the place in our lives where we can afford it without feeling too guilty. A couple of years ago, no way!

"old age isn't a problem, it's the goal..."

Lots of variety in the Crown Grill for us: sea bass, shrimp, clams, pork, veal and lamb chops, plus a variety of steaks ... if you eat there every night like we sometimes do, they will even get you items from Sabatini's and the MDR if you want, on a special order basis. Best of all worlds... for us.

We can certainly debate Club Class, but there is one important fact. It is widely popular, it seems that CC Mini Suites book up fairly early. I do feel that Princess will eventually have plans to have a separate dining room for Club Class members.

We could never eat at the Crown Grill every night! I don't think there is enough variety and there is too much food. Yes I know only you and you alone can control what you eat. We are trying CC for the first time this fall for 24 days. Anytime dining does not work for us because we like the same waiters and we don't like the "times" for traditional. So, we are going to give it a whirl. We are also in the place in our lives where we can afford it without feeling too guilty. A couple of years ago, no way!

"old age isn't a problem, it's the goal..."

I agree. While one can book one of the add on restaurants such as Crown Grill, there is way too much food to eat for dinner every evening. I prefer the smaller portions, and I do feel that C.C. with its better service will add to the dining experience.

We can certainly debate Club Class, but there is one important fact. It is widely popular, it seems that CC Mini Suites book up fairly early. I do feel that Princess will eventually have plans to have a separate dining room for Club Class members.

If that day ever arrives you'll see much longer waits for the regular anytime dining room and you'll probably have to book well in a year in advance to get TD.