Low Carb Dieting

jesskuhmarie

BrsQld-

Sounds like you're too light on eating fat with your meal, you won't feel full without it!

Try coffee cream, whipping cream, coconut oil and/ or butter in your coffee. That is my breakfast and for me it works as a daily intermittent fast by skipping anything else until lunch.

Eggs are great but you need to add fat for your lunch. We have homemade devilled eggs all the time.

Prepare a dozen at a time- hardboil them.

Cut the eggs lngthwise and put the hard yolks in a bowl.

Add to the yolks:

Finely chopped:

1 small brine dill pickle

1/2 red pepper

2 green onions

4 slices cooked bacon

Then add:

2 teaspoons of the rendered bacon fat

3-4 lg. spoonfuls of good mayo (homemade, Hellmans etc)

salt & pepper to taste

Sitr together and scoop into the egg halves.

Optional extras to mix in:

grated cheese

smoked salmon

Spiralingshape- we have these eggs on hand all the time for lunch- just add sides of full fat cheese, veggies, olives, salad, a bit of meat or tinned fish etc.

BrsQld-

Sounds like you're too light on eating fat with your meal, you won't feel full without it!

Try coffee cream, whipping cream, coconut oil and/ or butter in your coffee. That is my breakfast and for me it works as a daily intermittent fast by skipping anything else until lunch.

Eggs are great but you need to add fat for your lunch. We have homemade devilled eggs all the time.

Prepare a dozen at a time- hardboil them.

Cut the eggs lngthwise and put the hard yolks in a bowl.

Add to the yolks:

Finely chopped:

1 small brine dill pickle

1/2 red pepper

2 green onions

4 slices cooked bacon

Then add:

2 teaspoons of the rendered bacon fat

3-4 lg. spoonfuls of good mayo (homemade, Hellmans etc)

salt & pepper to taste

Sitr together and scoop into the egg halves.

Optional extras to mix in:

grated cheese

smoked salmon

Spiralingshape- we have these eggs on hand all the time for lunch- just add sides of full fat cheese, veggies, olives, salad, a bit of meat or tinned fish etc.

Mmm! Thank you! Those sound delicious!

Hope you enjoy them, Spiralingshape! We also have cookbooks from Maria Emmerich, Jimmy Moore, and in the back of the book Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. Plus I regularly check for new stuff on the website dietdoctor.com which is excellent to subscribe to, at least for the first few months. You'll get a sense of what ingredients to always have on hand. In the beginning we stuck to dietdoctor.com recipes coded as strict LCHF, then as you have success you can slowly add some of the moderate to liberal coded recipes. Even desserts get added- I'm telling you, pumpkin cheesecake tastes pretty darn good after a few weeks!

We often have a piece of good dark chocolate for dessert. Even full fat ice cream now because we have access to sugar/sweetener free kinds.

The cheesy skillet bread is wonderful when you need something bread-like.

p.s. since we have no use for our potato masher anymore, I now use it to mash the egg yolks for the devilled eggs!

Another thing I make often for a meal is Coconut shrimp soup/ stew.

Saute a variety of low carb veggies in coconut oil/ olive oil or a combination of them. I typically use broccoli, spinach or kale, green beans, peppers, green onion or leeks etc. Add some shrimp, & some sliced or chopped ginger root. Have a small cauliflower finely chopped, ready. (or can use a food processor to rice it with). To the sauteed mixture add a full can of highest fat coconut milk and some chicken broth. Add the cauliflower. Add some curry powder to taste. (the ginger root really helps in this recipe). Simmer until cauliflower is tender. Doesn't take long. Serve! Very filling. You'll get sense of how much broth to add based on the volume of everything else, plus how thick you like it.

Thank you! Yes, most of the recipes I got are from Diet Doctor. I've liked most of them. I totally forgot that there were recipes in the back of the Obesity Code! I'll check those too!

I definitely have to resist the urge to get too complicated right away. I want to make sure I get the hang of it before I start delving into desserts and artificial sweeteners. But I did have a few strawberries with whipped cream. So good!

Thank you again for the suggestions. I really appreciate it!!!

Christine

Wow Spiralingshape - what a wonderful result so far. I am on day 5, sticking to it - nothing's happened yet. Is it harder for some people to get into Keto burning than others.??? I don't think I'm in Keto state yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow Spiralingshape - what a wonderful result so far. I am on day 5, sticking to it - nothing's happened yet. Is it harder for some people to get into Keto burning than others.??? I don't think I'm in Keto state yet.

I think it's just because I have so much weight to lose. I usually drop weight quickly at first. I just hope it continues at a decent rate. :)

The last few times I tried to cut carbs I definitely had flu like symptoms. So little energy I had to nap after work. This time I didn't for some reason. The best thing I have experienced so far is the lack of hunger. I am usually the girl who is thinking about lunch while she eats breakfast. The past 10 days I FORGOT to eat dinner twice, and last night didn't eat anything because I just wasn't hungry at all. That is unheard of for me. In the past if somebody said that, I would want to punch them in the face. And now I'm saying it. Haha!

I haven't reached the surge of energy stage. In the morning I am tired and still don't want to get up. But I notice my body is much less stiff in the morning.

I'm not sure 100% how to tell if you're in ketosis. I bought some of those trips just for fun, and it has been coming up dark purple. But I didn't use them before I started so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I also know that having great results has really inspired me to stick with this. Which I'm grateful for.

You can do this! And I'm excited to hear about your results!!!

Christine

I think it's just because I have so much weight to lose. I usually drop weight quickly at first. I just hope it continues at a decent rate. :)

The last few times I tried to cut carbs I definitely had flu like symptoms. So little energy I had to nap after work. This time I didn't for some reason. The best thing I have experienced so far is the lack of hunger. I am usually the girl who is thinking about lunch while she eats breakfast. The past 10 days I FORGOT to eat dinner twice, and last night didn't eat anything because I just wasn't hungry at all. That is unheard of for me. In the past if somebody said that, I would want to punch them in the face. And now I'm saying it. Haha!

I haven't reached the surge of energy stage. In the morning I am tired and still don't want to get up. But I notice my body is much less stiff in the morning.

I'm not sure 100% how to tell if you're in ketosis. I bought some of those trips just for fun, and it has been coming up dark purple. But I didn't use them before I started so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I also know that having great results has really inspired me to stick with this. Which I'm grateful for.

You can do this! And I'm excited to hear about your results!!!

Christine

make sure you get your sodium and potassium in and drink tons of water!! Its very easy to dehydrate eating keto, and if you're pure sticks are on the dark end, you're likely flirting with dehydration. Sounds like you're definitely in keto with the lack of hunger and feeling less stiff!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am a member of http://www.dietdoctor.com - only $9 per month for tons of recipes - advice - videos - help and q&a. A must have of support I have used for 14 months now - would not have made it this far without this membership. Especially videos from Dr Jason Fung on intermittent fasting IF. A must!

I am a member of http://www.dietdoctor.com - only $9 per month for tons of recipes - advice - videos - help and q&a. A must have of support I have used for 14 months now - would not have made it this far without this membership. Especially videos from Dr Jason Fung on intermittent fasting IF. A must!

Thank you, I was wonder if it was all legit. Can you cancel anytime. How do you pay it? Is it a direct debit system. I am currently doing the 2 week free challenge.

Another question! On the LCHF diet, Can you have the occasional diet soda (Pepsi max). I know it's only been a week that I started but I am getting board with water, black tea & coffee.

Another question! On the LCHF diet, Can you have the occasional diet soda (Pepsi max). I know it's only been a week that I started but I am getting board with water, black tea & coffee.

There are many variations. Anything from 100% clean eating to get whatever fits in your macros. Personally, if a diet come is going to satisfy my sweet tooth and keep me from eating a cupcake, I'd do it on occasion. Artificial sweeteners give me headaches if it's a regular thing so I usually steer clear. But you'll find what works for you! Zevia is a brand that makes soda with Stevia. Most are pretty good!

There are many variations. Anything from 100% clean eating to get whatever fits in your macros. Personally, if a diet come is going to satisfy my sweet tooth and keep me from eating a cupcake, I'd do it on occasion. Artificial sweeteners give me headaches if it's a regular thing so I usually steer clear. But you'll find what works for you! Zevia is a brand that makes soda with Stevia. Most are pretty good!

Thanks for the help. Will take that advise.

Ok, I am announcing to the world (well, at least this forum!) that I am officially on a low carb diet. That is about the only way I can lose weight. I booked a Sept. 2 cruise on Oasis of the Seas and want to drop 30 pounds by then if at all possible. Plus, I want to have more energy to have lots of fun on that huge ship (the first time I have been on one that large). So I am going to check in with this group on a daily basis. I am retired, so should have lots of time to get in my exercise. Good luck to all of you out there on low carb diets!

Yay Nyllrap! So excited for you!!!

This morning marks three weeks I've been eating low carb. I'm officially down 20.5 pounds as of this morning. I'm excited about the next 20, because it will put me lower than I've been in about 5 years, and it should put me back into some of my clothes I've been holding on to.

I feel like I need to start incorporating some more veggies in my diet. I've been having mostly meat, eggs and cheese. But feeling great! I even managed to survive a weekend visit from a friend where he ate donuts, pancakes and dessert with every meal. If I really wanted something, I ordered some berries with whipped cream. And it was great! It felt so empowering!

Hope everyone out there is having success!!

Congratulations to those newest members committing to the LCHF Way of eating (WOE) - my weiht osee has been slow - it took me 14 months to lose 80 POF (Pounds of fat) but I am losing inches - needed to order new bras - new swim suits - and shorts! I saved many of my favorites from over 10 years ago (I weighed 20 POF less then but I was much larger) so even some of those are too big!

Hang in there - even when the scale doesn't move - if you are true to LCHF - you clothes will start getting baggy and then falling off :)

Congratulations to those newest members committing to the LCHF Way of eating (WOE) - my weiht osee has been slow - it took me 14 months to lose 80 POF (Pounds of fat) but I am losing inches - needed to order new bras - new swim suits - and shorts! I saved many of my favorites from over 10 years ago (I weighed 20 POF less then but I was much larger) so even some of those are too big!

Hang in there - even when the scale doesn't move - if you are true to LCHF - you clothes will start getting baggy and then falling off :)

That is so fantastic!!! What an achievement! What was your exercise routine? I'm trying to figure out how much I should do without doing so much that it makes me wants more carbs!

Sooooo excited - getting my new 'air fryer' from Amazon today - been reading up on them and it seems like a great way to do many different types of cooking - not just 'fry'

I follow "KetoMary" on facebook and she does a lot of pork belly and it is always crispy on the outside and tender and juicy in the middle - asked her about it and she uses an air fryer -

Really super charged to learn more about this new way of preparing foods -

I will keep you all posted -

Yesterday I found a great sale on Corned Beef - .99 cents per pound - bought 12 packages and put them in the freezer - It was about $3.99 per pound at St. Paddy's Day - now just throw one in the crockpot with a can of Guinness overnight and voila - corned beef and cabbage! No potatoes!

This is an older post but wanted to reply with my experience. I have been many years off (mostly) and on Low carb/paleo. Most important when dealing with "challenges" i.e. The vacation, the Christmas visit to the relatives etc. is to have a plan to immediately get back on track afterwards For me, I always start a vacation well with my jerky snacks and determination but it only lasts a couple of day then wahoo! That's ok, we are human. For the last year or two I cook and freeze a couple of days worth of favorite very low carb food for when I return. Yes, I usually gain 5or 6 pounds on vacation:( but, actually, some of that is fluid. A week of pretty strict Keto and salt reduction will eliminate the gain. :halo: Refuse to Regain!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. This Tuesday marked one month for me. Still holding steady at 20 pounds. The last two weeks the scare keeps going up a few pounds, and then down a few, but keeps right at 20. Looking forward for it to start moving again. I've always been impatient. :)

Things are going well. Having occasion bouts of hunger, but for the most part not hungry. I found a great recipe for keto bagels, which makes great sandwich bread. Sandwiches were the thing I missed most!

Still haven't incorporated exercise, other than a few dance classes. But I want to start strength training at home.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Look forward to your updates!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. This Tuesday marked one month for me. Still holding steady at 20 pounds. The last two weeks the scare keeps going up a few pounds, and then down a few, but keeps right at 20. Looking forward for it to start moving again. I've always been impatient. :)

Things are going well. Having occasion bouts of hunger, but for the most part not hungry. I found a great recipe for keto bagels, which makes great sandwich bread. Sandwiches were the thing I missed most!

Still haven't incorporated exercise, other than a few dance classes. But I want to start strength training at home.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Look forward to your updates!

Hang in there - I am stabilizing since our last cruise - I have been busy preparing for cruising friends to come and stay with us 10 days - we have so much planned - wine tasting - 17 mile drive in Monterey - Carmel by the Sea - Yosemite - Sequoias - family BBQ - my saving grace is that she also eats low carb!

Hang in there - the weight will drop -:D BTW _ I DROPPED 80 POF WITHOUT ANY EXERCISE - I couldn't even walk because I had to have my hip replace - but I am walking now!

Still going good - don't weigh myself but my cloths aren't as tight as they use to be. It's only been 3 weeks with my new WOE.

Plan to keep this going till my cruise in 6 months time. I loose slowly, but might try an egg fast in a couple of weeks while my husband is away for work.