Hotel recommendations with cruise parking in Ft. Lauderdale.

suzyed

It took you longer to type the request here than a google search would have taken. But you don't say anything in the post that would allow us to narrow down what hotel might be best for you.

We like Hyatt Place--great rooms, great breakfast. Cruise package includes free parking for 7 nights while on cruise and shuttle for 2 to and from the cruise terminal. You can purchase transfers for additional people.

There are probably at least a dozen other hotels that offer free parking with a hotel stay, with or without transportation to the cruise terminal.

Looking for a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that will allow us to leave our car for 7 nights while we are cruising.

I'm sure about parking during your cruise, but we are staying at the Comfort Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port (191 SW 19th Court, Dania Beach. This is a very reasonably priced motel (considering it is in FL). They have a shuttle for $10 to the cruise port. It certainly would be worth a telephone call to see about leaving your vehicle (954-771-4800).

I hope you have a great cruise.

Looking for a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that will allow us to leave our car for 7 nights while we are cruising.

Sorry Susied: In my previous post I left out the word "not". I do not know whether or not the Comfort Suite in Dania Beach allows you to leave your car there or not, but it certainly would be worth a call.

Tom

Have you checked the Florida Departures Board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495)? This question comes up fairly frequently so you might want to do a search even before posting your inquiry. If you add travel date(s) and budget to your post, that will result in more specific responses.

It took you longer to type the request here than a google search would have taken. But you don't say anything in the post that would allow us to narrow down what hotel might be best for you.

We like Hyatt Place--great rooms' date=' great breakfast. Cruise package includes free parking for 7 nights while on cruise and shuttle for 2 to and from the cruise terminal. You can purchase transfers for additional people.

There are probably at least a dozen other hotels that offer free parking with a hotel stay, with or without transportation to the cruise terminal.[/quote']

I did the search...nothing showed up....I knew someone would tell me that I should have search...

Sorry Susied: In my previous post I left out the word "not". I do not know whether or not the Comfort Suite in Dania Beach allows you to leave your car there or not, but it certainly would be worth a call.

Tom

If I'm thinking of the right one...I've stayed there. Very small, tight parking lot. If it's that one, I doubt they'd allow parking.

BTW: didn't like the place.

I did the search...nothing showed up....I knew someone would tell me that I should have search...

I did a google search and got a list of 8 places on my first click...one of which we'd stayed at so I gave you that recommendation. You could also do a search of the Florida Departures section of these boards.

It is a lot easier to simply find a hotel of your preferred brand at a desirable location, then just park at Park N Go next to the port for your cruise. Otherwise you would either be taking a taxi to and from hotel and port, or depending on the notoriously unreliable hotel shuttles. Any cost difference between this and a "stay and park" package is well worth the convenience--especially if you want to be back on the road to North Florida as soon as possible after you disembark in the morning.

Edited by fishywood

Just trying to help you out (as was moki'smommy I'm sure). I just searched Fort Lauderdale long term hotel parking on the Florida Departures Board with the following results:

You can also check out the Fort Lauderdale tourist website: www.sunny.org. Look specifically at the next to last column ('long term parking and cost) at https://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/.

Just trying to help you out (as was moki'smommy I'm sure). I just searched Fort Lauderdale long term hotel parking on the Florida Departures Board with the following results:

You can also check out the Fort Lauderdale tourist website: www.sunny.org. Look specifically at the next to last column ('long term parking and cost) at https://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess I was looking for some first hand experience on some of those hotels that have the parking.

:D

Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess I was looking for some first hand experience on some of those hotels that have the parking.

That's what I gave you--first hand experience at the hotel that we like. It happened to be on the list of hotels that offer free cruise parking. Sorry; we fly. I can't say anything about the parking itself. But I told you what we like about the hotel and gave shuttle info.

Post on the Florida Departures Board - that's one of its major functions. You will get responses in addition to the ones in the recent threads. Your question will be seen by a larger number of cruisers (and south Florida locals) across all cruise lines with specific experience using long term hotel parking. You can also start with the www.sunny.org list and check TripAdvisor reviews and then ask about specific hotels on the Florida Departures Board.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised Carolyn (this board's moderator and Miami resident) hasn't moved this thread to that board.

We always stay at the la Quinta by the airport on 26th street Hollywood Fl. It is around the corner from many restaurants and fast food as well as stores for last minute shopping. Parking used to be “free”, but they now have a cruise n park package which is still very reasonable. Shuttle I believe is about $10 to the port. There are lots of choices, but we have found this to be clean and reliable. No variables, you know what you are getting. There is an ok breakfast included. We have left our car for as long as 3 weeks. we are doing a b2b in August and have never had an issue...stuff happens, but we park up towards the front where the car can be seen.

We stayed at Pier 66 with a cruise and park package. It included breakfast and a free shuttle to the port. You have to taxi back tthe hotel, about$16.00. A little pricey, but it's FLL, and the parking is very secure.

That's what I gave you--first hand experience at the hotel that we like. It happened to be on the list of hotels that offer free cruise parking. Sorry; we fly. I can't say anything about the parking itself. But I told you what we like about the hotel and gave shuttle info.

And I thank you for that...it is very good info.

It seems when folks ask question, there is always someone(not you) who informs that they should have used the "search board" feature and that is what I was referring to.

I have searched on Google and have found several, so looking for the best deal with good reviews...and I thank all who have shared their info and experiences!

Post on the Florida Departures Board - that's one of its major functions. You will get responses in addition to the ones in the recent threads. Your question will be seen by a larger number of cruisers (and south Florida locals) across all cruise lines with specific experience using long term hotel parking. You can also start with the www.sunny.org list and check TripAdvisor reviews and then ask about specific hotels on the Florida Departures Board.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised Carolyn (this board's moderator and Miami resident) hasn't moved this thread to that board.

Thank you!

We always stay at the la Quinta by the airport on 26th street Hollywood Fl. It is around the corner from many restaurants and fast food as well as stores for last minute shopping. Parking used to be “free”, but they now have a cruise n park package which is still very reasonable. Shuttle I believe is about $10 to the port. There are lots of choices, but we have found this to be clean and reliable. No variables, you know what you are getting. There is an ok breakfast included. We have left our car for as long as 3 weeks. we are doing a b2b in August and have never had an issue...stuff happens, but we park up towards the front where the car can be seen.

We always park up front too...it's a good idea...makes us feel better! Thanks!

It is a lot easier to simply find a hotel of your preferred brand at a desirable location, then just park at Park N Go next to the port for your cruise. Otherwise you would either be taking a taxi to and from hotel and port, or depending on the notoriously unreliable hotel shuttles. Any cost difference between this and a "stay and park" package is well worth the convenience--especially if you want to be back on the road to North Florida as soon as possible after you disembark in the morning.

We usually use Park n Go but we have an unusual problem this time...

My son and his new wife will be going on a honeymoon cruise out of and returning to Ft. Lauderdale. DH and I are doing a cruise from Barcelona that returns to FLL the day before our son returns from his cruise. So we were trying to figure out a way for him to park the car, so that we can pick it up before they return, stay the night in FLL and pick them up from their cruise the next day and then all drive home together.

Wondering if Park n Go will let us pick up the car without the actually ticket they give you (since son will have it). So that's why we were thinking the hotel parking idea.

We have stayed several times at the La Quinta Airport which is actually several miles from the airport however they have shuttle service. For a small fee they will shuttle you to the cruise port and then you take a taxi back to the hotel. You can leave your car in their parking lot but there is no security. However the hotel is at the end of a street and somewhat secluded. We have never had a problem but the usual do not leave anything that can be seen in the car.

One time we stayed at the Rodeway Inn on state road 84 in Fort Lauderdale. This is an old motel and is not very well kept up. They treat the guests like cattle yelling at them to hurry up and get aboard the shuttles to the cruise port. They do allow you to leave your car but there is a charge and the cars are packed in like sardines. I booked it based on TripAdvisor evaluations which are good but found out when I rated them one star, the manager will send you a note to call him. He then berates you to change the rating which I refused. He then told TripAdvisor that I had the wrong hotel. I had to contact TripAdvisor to assure them I had the correct property and they returned my posting to the hotel. Beware.

One time we stayed at the Rodeway Inn on state road 84 in Fort Lauderdale. This is an old motel and is not very well kept up. They treat the guests like cattle yelling at them to hurry up and get aboard the shuttles to the cruise port. They do allow you to leave your car but there is a charge and the cars are packed in like sardines. I booked it based on TripAdvisor evaluations which are good but found out when I rated them one star, the manager will send you a note to call him. He then berates you to change the rating which I refused. He then told TripAdvisor that I had the wrong hotel. I had to contact TripAdvisor to assure them I had the correct property and they returned my posting to the hotel. Beware.

We got a day room at this hotel on our last trip as our flight was late. The positive was the shuttle service did run on time. They have you select a time for your departure from the hotel, and DO expect you to be in the lobby with your stuff at that time. The room was basic, but all we needed. It is, indeed, old and nothing to write home about.

The negative was that I got a credit card charge for the standard "overnight" rate, despite having a receipt for the day room rate. After a phone call, it was corrected....but it made me wonder how many people don't look at their charges and catch it.

I would not leave my car there. It just didn't have a really "safe" feeling. Everything was "just OK," but I prefer something a little more upscale.

We usually use Park n Go but we have an unusual problem this time...

My son and his new wife will be going on a honeymoon cruise out of and returning to Ft. Lauderdale. DH and I are doing a cruise from Barcelona that returns to FLL the day before our son returns from his cruise. So we were trying to figure out a way for him to park the car, so that we can pick it up before they return, stay the night in FLL and pick them up from their cruise the next day and then all drive home together.

Wondering if Park n Go will let us pick up the car without the actually ticket they give you (since son will have it). So that's why we were thinking the hotel parking idea.

Call Park N Go at 888-764-7275. They’re usually very accommodating.

I love the fact you get a discount if you prepay but can get a refund if you cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could he just leave the park n go ticket somewhere in the car, out of sight of course , for you??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thought of that...but you have to show the ticket to get into the lot. I will probably call them and see what we can work out.