Prime C / Aqualina Menus (Updated 1/14)

Andy

Hi all,

I am totally with the service charge in these speciality restaurants! Some say $5, others mention $25.

Can anyone tell me exactly what the charges are.

I emailed the Captains Club yesterday to reserve but as it was late Saturday night, I don't erxpect a reply until tomorrow.

There is no mandatory charge for dining at the specialty restaurants. Azamara recommends a $5 per person gratuity, which you do not need to pay. Based on the exceptional service we received in both restaurants, it was well worth it.

Block Island Ferry

That was probably my first "cruise" as well!

I loved the salt water taffy they greeted us with when we got there!

Critterchick,

Thanks so much for posting those up to date menus. They really look fantastic and I cannot wait to board the Quest next month.

One question which everyone has probably asked and that is how do you pay the $5 per head gratuity. Is it put onto your account or do they require cash. We need to work out how much in U.S. dollars we need to bring with us for odds and ends.

Thanks.

Jennie

They will bring your bill at the end of the meal, and it will have, among other things, a card for you to sign for the gratuity, so it goes on your Seapass account.

One silly (and wasteful IMHO) thing they do is have separate receipts for wine and bottled water. I don't see any real reason for that. So we ended up with three things to sign most nights.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Andy,

You wouldn't happen to have the wine menu for the Journey. I have been trying to find the year of one particular wine, Summerland Pinot Noir (California wine). My wife had this wine on our Feb. cruise but we differ on what year was served. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I know this probably has been asked a zillion times, but I'm going to ask anyway. :confused:

We've never sailed anywhere before so I'm going to say that

we would not qualify for reserving in the two speciality restaurants ahead of time as this is only available to do for guests that have sailed on Azamara before?

Hi, I know this probably has been asked a zillion times, but I'm going to ask anyway. :confused:

We've never sailed anywhere before so I'm going to say that

we would not qualify for reserving in the two speciality restaurants ahead of time as this is only available to do for guests that have sailed on Azamara before?

There is no problem reserving a table at the specialty restaurants when you are on the ship. You may call from your cabin phone or visit the restaurant once on board. My suggestion is to go to the restaurant of your choice soon after you board in order to have the best choice of times and dates. The reservations book quickest for days at sea.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi Everyone !

I wanted to let you know that I have added the Prime C and Aqualina Menus to my Photo Album. This is in addition to the previously added Journey Dining Room Menus.

Here are the links to the Menus. I hope you enjoy the new additions !

Prime C Menu :

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2628431780101699754XMiiNi

Aqualina Standard Menu :

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2321945630101699754DHsjKh

Aqualina Tasting Menu :

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2043293600101699754pUjEHA

I had been meaning to look at these to decide where to make my reservations in May...thanks so much it helps very much. It looks delicious.

• 1 month later...
There is no problem reserving a table at the specialty restaurants when you are on the ship. You may call from your cabin phone or visit the restaurant once on board. My suggestion is to go to the restaurant of your choice soon after you board in order to have the best choice of times and dates. The reservations book quickest for days at sea.

Hi - its our first cruise too - can you please clarify that we can't book specialty restaurants prior to sailing ? Is it correct that we can only book once we get on board ? Or if we can book prior - how do we do so ? Who do we contact ?

Appreciate your advice

regards

Hallowslady

• 2 months later...

You wouldn't by chance have the recipe for the mushroom soup from Prime C to share would you? If not, is there anyone else out there that has it? Just got home from Journey last night and failed to get it. This is the best mushroom soup I've ever had!!!!

Edited by saxbysmom

WOW.. Thanks for posting the menus!

They seem way above par compared to say Celeb/Princ etc.. My wife Vanetta and I are taking our first Azamara/Quest on May 3rd - Holy Land..

Those menus are awesome!

We are spending 10 days in Egypt prior on a Viking cruise so I am sure we will be ready for some real food!

• 4 weeks later...

HI have just returned from singapore to hong kong cruise on Quest, the tasting menu is now $50 to include wine with each course, and you cannot have just the food, the menu sounds exciting but is not that brilliant and we were actually told not to have the sea bass as it was not good!!! However the beignet and the souffle for dessert were good.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Hate to disagree with Host Andy, but the menus are not spectacular, the food was very average, and the service was nothing special. The price ($50) per couple was outrageous. They do not begin to compare with specialty restaurants on other lines, IMHO.

I just returned from a 14 day cruise on the Quest. We ate at Aqualina 3 times and at Prime C twice. We were not charged for these meals. We did however opt to pay more than the suggested $5/person gratuity. The service in both restaurants were outstanding.

The lobster in Aqualina was average at best. Everything else was spectacular. I especially enjoyed the seared fois gras, the tuna and the sea bass.

The cowboy steak in Prime C was average at best. The lamb chops were excellent, but not quite as good as those I had in January in NCL's POA specialty restaurant.

Overall I would rate these specialty restaurants better than those on Oceania. Oceania does have much better lobster in the Polo Grill.

HI have just returned from singapore to hong kong cruise on Quest, the tasting menu is now $50 to include wine with each course, and you cannot have just the food, the menu sounds exciting but is not that brilliant and we were actually told not to have the sea bass as it was not good!!! However the beignet and the souffle for dessert were good.:rolleyes:

I forgot that there was a tasting menu for $50. I did not partake as the other menu items met my tastes.

Hi - its our first cruise too - can you please clarify that we can't book specialty restaurants prior to sailing ? Is it correct that we can only book once we get on board ? Or if we can book prior - how do we do so ? Who do we contact ?

Appreciate your advice

regards

Hallowslady

Booking the specialty restaurants is a multi step process. You initially get one reservation for each restaurant unless you are in a suite. Each day you may check at Aqualina stating at 9AM for additional reservations. You may make a single reservation for an additional date. I went to Aqualina three times to get three additional bookings. I did not try for sea days. I had no trouble getting as many reservations as I wanted.

The Butler can also make additional reservations for you. We never used the Butler except to get ice the last day. I thought it was unusual to have a butler for our inexpensive stateroom.

• 3 months later...

We travelled on the old Azamara and loved it. Will be doing the Baltic on the Journey Aug.5 and really looking forward to it. I tried to book Prime C a week ago through Azamara itself and was told that I couldn't until we sailed. How did others go about making early reservations?

We sailed in May and we did make early reservations for Prime C - from other posts on the boards, it seems that has now changed and you must make them after boarding.

Just asking - is Digby your dog? - I had a wonderful dachshund named Digby - he was the best dog!