Bad reviews journey

qualifiedcruiseologist

We just returned from the full transit of the Panama Canal sailing from Costa Rica to Miami. We did experience some problems BUT we will sail Azamara again.

Yes, our toilets did have problems. There was a suction problem on some of the main lines and individual sections of the ship. The engineers were right on it and fixed them. A slight inconvenience for us....but it was fixed. The last day was a problem in that it seemed as if most of the ship was having problems. When you have 600+ people planning to get off the ship and wanting to use a bathroom....that's a problem. It's a shame that the incident was the last thing that people remember. The Journey was leaving the day we docked in Miami for an 18 day trip to Athens. It'll be interesting to hear whether the engineering problems were fixed during their brief stay in Miami. You certainly can't send out for a part when you're 10 days at sea!

And yes, the buffet did run out of some food. There was always something else available to eat. For example, I think everyone on the ship must have been drinking prune juice...because they ran out a few days before docking. It also took a little time to replenish some items on the buffet line during sea days breakfasts. It must be very difficult to provision a ship properly and guess what people will want.

The crew was very nice and helpful. Our housekeepers were there to make up our room even if we didn't leave until late morning. They must have come back after their shift. The crew always said hello and were there to try to help in the buffet. When it was a full house....it did take a little time to get something from them....but no problem. On sea days the "management" was at the buffet to help out.

The ship does need upgrading...but we found it comfortable and will sail again. There were plenty of places to sit and be happy. I understand that it is going in for refurbishing next winter.

Hi I've just registered with Cruise Critic despite being an avid cruiser with Azamara as i've become increasingly concerned with the amount of bad reviews and experiences people are writing on here. We discovered Azamara shortly after its launch and have had 10 happy experiences around the world with both ships, so much so that in the next year we have another 5 booked. We have never experienced any of the issues raised by the recent posters, nor have we on any of the other lines we have cruised.

OK I'm not disputing some people have had some issues, I would just like to assure people that what has been described recently is NOT the norm for Azamara, the ships are lovely, the staff excellent and the service and food beyond par In my opinion.

Enough said!

Hi I've just registered with Cruise Critic despite being an avid cruiser with Azamara as i've become increasingly concerned with the amount of bad reviews and experiences people are writing on here. We discovered Azamara shortly after its launch and have had 10 happy experiences around the world with both ships, so much so that in the next year we have another 5 booked. We have never experienced any of the issues raised by the recent posters, nor have we on any of the other lines we have cruised.

OK I'm not disputing some people have had some issues, I would just like to assure people that what has been described recently is NOT the norm for Azamara, the ships are lovely, the staff excellent and the service and food beyond par In my opinion.

Enough said!

And now the "rant" is continuing on another thread. :rolleyes:

I just read a thread about the Ruby Princess experiencing the same problems just recently. Ship happens.

And now the "rant" is continuing on another thread. :rolleyes:

I just read a thread about the Ruby Princess experiencing the same problems just recently. Ship happens.

Hi Midwestchick,

As this topic is the same as the other Journey thread, I merged them. Hope this is helpful !

We were on the Journey in February and, yes, we had a few minor problems, but they were immediately handled. The food was outstanding and the staff just wonderful. We already booked our next cruise with Azamara (our 5th) in July. When you see the number of Azamara "repeaters" you'll see that this line in very well thought of.

I was also on the recent Journey trip from Costa Rica, through the Panama Canal, to Miami and did not experience any problems. We never had an issue with the plumbing or food. The only problem we had was the not happy surprise to find out that the pullout sofa we were expecting was not available. Apparently when they refurbished the suite, they did away with the pullout sofa. Since the pullout sofa was the reason we chose that suite, it was a big problem. It took a little time and some serious sticking to my guns, but the head housekeeper ultimately solved the problem beyond my expectations. From then on it was smooth sailing -- literally and figuratively. We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and out time in Costa Rica prior to the cruise. The weather was perfect every day.

Bet a new sofa showed up from another cabin. I had chairs switch out due to a stain or small tear.

Oh I am a huge repeat cruiser of this line. There are about 10 of us who have done over 20 cruises with this line only.

Nope. They brought in a complete single bed which worked out perfectly. Better than a rollaway bed in my mind which was their original solution for my 88yo dad.

That is very cool. He needs a bed vs a sofa bed at any age over ten.

We are docked next to Journey in Barcelona today and I saw a friend I sailed with on the spring T/A on Quest last year...she said all is well for her and all her friends on board with plumbing...sounds like she and Phil agree!! :) LuAnn

We are docked next to Journey in Barcelona today and I saw a friend I sailed with on the spring T/A on Quest last year...she said all is well for her and all her friends on board with plumbing...sounds like she and Phil agree!! :) LuAnn

In Barcelona???:eek: Journey left Gibraltar yesterday at 3 pm. Must have been another ship you saw. She is currently cruising towards Syracusa on Sicily.

All is just great on Journey. We are doing the Transatlantic at the moment and I think I can say it's the best non port intensive cruise I've done on Azamara. Food and service is excellent. 10/10.

Phil

Delighted to hear how good it has been !

In Barcelona???:eek: Journey left Gibraltar yesterday at 3 pm. Must have been another ship you saw. She is currently cruising towards Syracusa on Sicily.

You are so right!! We were in Gibraltar!!!...on our way to Barcelona!! Too many seas days I guess!! :) LuAnn