Britannia Ship Visit ~ Saturday 02.05.2015 (Photos)

Big Foot

Hello,

I have finally (I think!) managed to sort the 300+ photos I took on Saturday into some form of order (I did tell you I'd take a photo or two :rolleyes:)

As requested there are lots of photos of Britannia's aft.

Cruisefan2012

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see your stateroom L203 however, we did see another one just along the corridor; hope this gives you a idea of what to expect.

We thought the ship was lovely, albeit quite dark in places i.e. certain corridors etc.

They were replacing the carpet on the spiral staircase in the atrium due to complaints about people being unable to see the edge of the steps.

If anyone has any specific questions please ask & I will endeavour to answer them now or if I am unable will try to respond after my cruise on 23rd May.

Here's the link to the album

https://flic.kr/s/aHskaMpBD2

Hope it gives you an idea of what Britannia is like.

Joan

Hello,

I have finally (I think!) managed to sort the 300+ photos I took on Saturday into some form of order (I did tell you I'd take a photo or two :rolleyes:)

Cruisefan2012

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see your stateroom L203 however, we did see another one just along the corridor; hope this gives you a idea of what to expect.

We thought the ship was lovely, albeit quite dark in places i.e. certain corridors etc.

They were replacing the carpet on the spiral staircase in the atrium due to complaints about people being unable to see the edge of the steps.

If anyone has any specific questions please ask & I will endeavour to answer them now or if I am unable will try to respond after my cruise on 23rd May.

Joan

Wow Joan - thank you so much for this. Am off to relax this Bank Holiday and look for those aft photos. :)

The photos are amazing - thanks again. We can see our aft balcony shot and it doesn't look too big, but no shade. In many ways it seems like the same size as the one we've had on Celebrity as an aft cabin balcony. NO complaints from us - she's looking great :)

PS The photos of the Serenity area look great too. :)

Edited by Presto2

Wow Joan - amazing pics thank you very much. Yes, I can see our balcony which is lovely and W - I - D - E but very, very shallow ie hardly any depth from the door to the rail, but I am sure we will be fine.

I think the ship itself looks nice and I am looking forward to boarding in 19 days - eeek my diet hasn't really taken off yet - but it remains to be seen if we'll be lured back to P&O afterwards.

Edited by cruiseluvva

Wow Joan - amazing pics thank you very much. Yes, I can see our balcony which is lovely and W - I - D - E but very, very shallow ie hardly any depth from the door to the rail, but I am sure we will be fine.

I think the ship itself looks nice and I am looking forward to boarding in 19 days - eeek my diet hasn't really taken off yet - but it remains to be seen if we'll be lured back to P&O afterwards.

Hi Gill,

I know what you mean. It was very difficult to ascertain just how deep / wide the aft suites are from C downwards.

A is large / wide but is overlooked from the public deck above.

B as you have seen from YouTube is great.

However, whatever they are like I'm 100% certain they're going to be better than the midship suites / balconies as they are very narrow / small.

The diet went out the window on Saturday, but seeing some of the food reminds me I will need to pace myself ... until I get on board & then all good intentions go out the window!!

Just realised the photos of Brodies didn't upload so I've just added those.

I thought I heard something about you getting food in Brodie's i.e. Fish & Chips. I wonder if that's like The Golden Lion Pub on QV?

Tony has just been tweeting our Cruise Director, Tracy Clegg to see if he can find out what guest performers are on our cruise. Tracy has replied that one is Jonathan Wilkes but she is going to check it out & let us know; isn't technology wonderful :)

Joan

Joan

Jonathan Wilkes is great - he hosted a Ball we went on to for the Hospice of which Tony was Medical Director. He (JW) was fantastic, so I'll look forward to him being on.

Have you booked anything? We have booked Sindhu, The Limelight Club and Eric Lanlard's Afternoon Tea - oh dear, that will be a LOT of calories!

Excellent pictures. Some of the best Britannia pictures I've seen. Well done.

So glad I did my research of the ship before booking. Those A deck cabins look awful with the huge metal overhang. Makes you wonder if are on an aircraft carrier just under the landing deck!

Joan

Jonathan Wilkes is great - he hosted a Ball we went on to for the Hospice of which Tony was Medical Director. He (JW) was fantastic, so I'll look forward to him being on.

Have you booked anything? We have booked Sindhu, The Limelight Club and Eric Lanlard's Afternoon Tea - oh dear, that will be a LOT of calories!

Hi Gill,

Sounds lovely.

No we haven't booked anything.

To be honest I'm quite a "plain" or as Tony would say "fussy" eater & therefore I wouldn't eat the food on offer in these venues.

However, having said that I always tell people that as fussy as I am if I can find something to eat on a cruise ship then anyone can. I certainly don't go hungry that's for sure :)

Joan

Big Foot

Firstly a massive thank you for such an amazing selection of photos - You have got me all excited to travel onboard Britannia in just over 3 weeks time

Excellent photos of the Single Inside Cabin and Single outside cabin of which I will have been in both in the next year :)

Did Britannia feel as BIG inside as it looks on the outside? Strange question I know but I`ve been on Azura 3x and it didnt feel as big on the inside as it looked on the outside...

Cruisefan2012

Big Foot

Firstly a massive thank you for such an amazing selection of photos - You have got me all excited to travel onboard Britannia in just over 3 weeks time

Excellent photos of the Single Inside Cabin and Single outside cabin of which I will have been in both in the next year :)

Did Britannia feel as BIG inside as it looks on the outside? Strange question I know but I`ve been on Azura 3x and it didnt feel as big on the inside as it looked on the outside...

Cruisefan2012

We were on her last month and I would say she does feel big inside. Certainly you notice the length if you walk from say the theatre to the live lounge on Deckl 7. Similarly if you go up to the crows nest when you exit the fore lifts you then have a pretty long corridor to walk along before you get to the bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big Foot

Cruisefan2012

Glad you liked the photos.

To be honest the tour was was very fast paced & we jumped all over the place so I can't really answer your question about size until we have actually sailed on her on 23rd May.

What might be more noticeable when we're on her is what others have already reported about their being a lack of midship stairs & therefore to avoid using the lifts you're going to have to walk from end to end.

We've been on Azura a few times now & love her & the big ships, so even if she does seem big I don't think it's going to bother us but I can see it possibly being an issue for some people.

We've got a 3 night cruise booked on Anthem of the Seas at the end of October, now that I think might seem BIG :)

Have a wonderful cruise.

Joan

We were on her last month and I would say she does feel big inside. Certainly you notice the length if you walk from say the theatre to the live lounge on Deckl 7. Similarly if you go up to the crows nest when you exit the fore lifts you then have a pretty long corridor to walk along before you get to the bar.

Hi, I notice that you have been on the Eclipse a few times. How does she compare to the Solstice ships in size? We were on the Silhouette once when the Royal Princess pulled along side and she made us feel tiny!

Great photo's

It's funny but I have been waiting for some good photo's not sure that the P&O website offers many for such a great looking new ship.

She really looks a stunning ship, love the look can't wait for my Christmas cruise on her.

I think I have spotted my fav spot already sunset bar at the rear love the look of this..........

10/10 for photo's.

Ps how were the stairs :p:p

Great photo's

It's funny but I have been waiting for some good photo's not sure that the P&O website offers many for such a great looking new ship.

She really looks a stunning ship, love the look can't wait for my Christmas cruise on her.

I think I have spotted my fav spot already sunset bar at the rear love the look of this..........

10/10 for photo's.

Hello,

Cruisefan2012

Joan

Great set of photos, really comprehensive. Is the headroom at the front of the crows nest as low as it looks?

Great photo's

10/10 for photo's.

Glad you liked the photos.

Yes the Sunset Bar is lovely.

Re the stairs ... we did find some of the internal stairwells very dark & could potentially see issues if you've just come in from the sun & your eyes haven't quite adjusted to the darkness inside.

However, will need to reserve final judgement until after our cruise at the end of the month when I've been on board for a bit longer.

Joan

Great set of photos, really comprehensive. Is the headroom at the front of the crows nest as low as it looks?

I think it's just the angle of the camera and I don't think there's an issue with headroom in the Crows Nest. Although the windows at the front are slanted.

My Husband is 6' 4'' & he didn't say anything about the ceilings being too low for him, which he most definitely would've done if he felt they were an issue.

Joan

Hi, I notice that you have been on the Eclipse a few times. How does she compare to the Solstice ships in size? We were on the Silhouette once when the Royal Princess pulled along side and she made us feel tiny!

In reality there is only 50ft difference in length between Britannia and Eclipse but Britannia does have a more dominating stature externally. Eclipse carries 800 less people so feels more spacious and less crowded though and seats around 25% more people in the theatre than on Britannia. I did a very long review on here last month which pretty much covers all aspects of the ship. We did have a good time onboard apart from the Lift fiasco which has been well reported. In particular we thought the food was excellent on Britannia.

Edited by kevinyork

In reality there is only 50ft difference in length between Britannia and Eclipse but Britannia does have a more dominating stature externally. Eclipse carries 800 less people so feels more spacious and less crowded though and seats around 25% more people in the theatre than on Britannia. I did a very long review on here last month which pretty much covers all aspects of the ship. We did have a good time onboard apart from the Lift fiasco which has been well reported. In particular we thought the food was excellent on Britannia.

Hi, I can remember Royal Princess being taller as well - I think she has more decks. I also remember that horrible sea screen near their pool area that was blasting out loud music and videos. I am forever grateful that P&O didn't have one --- that would have been something else for people to moan about ... if they every got a lift up there. :):D;)