Taking bottled water off ship

rickadoo

Normally yes. We had one Mexican port several years ago where the Mexican government was inspecting all bags and ALL food and drink had to be tossed or was confiscated. I think they were trying to force us to contribute to the economy. We literally turned around and reboarded the ship!

Normally yes. We had one Mexican port several years ago where the Mexican government was inspecting all bags and ALL food and drink had to be tossed or was confiscated. I think they were trying to force us to contribute to the economy. We literally turned around and reboarded the ship!
Good for you!

Can we take bottled water off the ship when we are at ports?

Yes, the ship sells it in various places on the ship for you to take ashore. If you have an empty water bottle, you can fill it on Lido and not pay for a bottle of water.

Yes, the ship sells it in various places on the ship for you to take ashore. If you have an empty water bottle, you can fill it on Lido and not pay for a bottle of water.

Please fill your water bottle anywhere but in the Lido. It is unsanitary and Princess has signs saying it is not allowed.

I know people like to do what they want with little regard for others but when I see that happening I ask an employee to step in.

Please fill your water bottle anywhere but in the Lido. It is unsanitary and Princess has signs saying it is not allowed.

I know people like to do what they want with little regard for others but when I see that happening I ask an employee to step in.

I take a glass of water and fill it. Nothing unsanitary about it. I don't even lick my fingers while doing it. :eek:

We live in Puerto Vallarta during the winter months and can easily spot cruisers because they are carrying a bottle of water :). DW and I sometimes have a laugh because we know that they have paid a lot more money for that water onboard then it costs anywhere in PV. In fact, you can buy a beer or Margarita for less then the cruise ship's charge for a bottle of water.

My point is that there are times when you might want to take water off the ship and there are other times when it makes more sense to buy a bottle when you need it...since it will be cold.

Hank

Princess wants you to fill a glass from the Lido spout and use that to fill the bottle. I, frankly, see filling a bottle from a tap no more unhygienic than refilling a water glass and I bet you don't monitor that. On the other hand, I see the various environmental downsides of buying bottled water when the ship's H2O is perfectly fine to be a bit inconsiderate.

Princess wants you to fill a glass from the Lido spout and use that to fill the bottle. I, frankly, see filling a bottle from a tap no more unhygienic than refilling a water glass and I bet you don't monitor that. On the other hand, I see the various environmental downsides of buying bottled water when the ship's H2O is perfectly fine to be a bit inconsiderate.

We once asked for the explanation about not directly filling bottles. The issue is that some folks would let their bottle top touch the filling spout...which could possibly contaminate the device.

Hank