Low Carb Dieting

jesskuhmarie

Wow, just bought a new formal dress to wear on next cruise for formal night (long red halter neck) in size 14. It's a little tight but am going to loose more weight before cruise in November, so should look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CONGRATULATIONS to you - feels great doesn't it? I am taking another batch of PLUS size clothing to the Goodwill today! :) I am having a few favorites altered to fit as I only bought them last summer!

Keep up the great work!

• 3 weeks later...
That's amazing!!! Congrats!!!! Still holding at 40. Waiting for the scale to start moving again!!!

So happy for you!!!! Way to go!!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

It will move - just takes longer now - with only 30 POF to go, I am sure it will drag out!

I know! I've got 60 more for my initial goal before I reassess. I think after 40 pounds my body is suspicious of what I'm trying to do to it, and wants to make sure it trusts me before it release the other 60! So it's taking its time. LOL!!

You are correct - it does try to stay at the 'set-point' that it has been at for the last few years - took a couple months for mine to stay under the 200 POF mark - each new drop in POF is the same - go down - go up - go up - go down.... well you get the picture!

Browsing through the RCL web site yesterday afternoon (incognito as it works better) They have changed Ovation's May cruises to include a 9-day Japan cruise - 16 May! Booked it for Sam's 70th Birthday 1f642.png:) Airfare is quite reasonable also from LAX! 1f642.png:) No other travel web site is showing this cruise yet - deposits are refundable - very reasonably priced - D4 with large balcony $2100 1f642.png:)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally broke through plateau - down 94 POF :) Yeah - lost 4.4 POF this month! We leave for Cabo on 2 Sept and then have friends from England doing a short 4 day cruise- we will then be 'tour guides' for them for 10 days here - and we leave 10 Oct for 42 days in Venice and B3B cruises!

Want to drop another 6+ over the next 7 weeks! :D

Going on a cruise in September to Alaska. In past when cruising to the islands I experienced some swelling. Is this due to salt in the air you inhale or in the water? I have been doing ketogenic staying around 50 carbs for years because it is just healthy in general!

Strange thing.... sometimes I swell terribly and all I can wear are my flip flops (dressy of course for formal night)

Other cruises - like our 39 day B3B Downunder and Transpacific - I did not have a problem with swelling -

Eat pretty much the same on all cruises? Do you think it makes a difference whether or not you are above or below the Equator?

Hanging in there strong -getting over my 10K steps daily - Intermittent fasting - OMAD (one meal a day) under 10 carbs - 9 days without losing - want so badly for the next two POF to come off so that I will be at 29.9 BMI - only 'overweight' and not obese anymore!

FINALLY our first upgrade to Jr. Suite - BUT we are on B3B and they didn't upgrade for all 3 - gave it up so that we can stay in the same D1 9078 with large balcony on Jewel!

Now that I have lost 95 POF and still want another 30 gone I will stick with LCHF - this is a lifetime change for me - no looking back! PLUS I feel so dog gone good! :D

I love reading your posts, and how well you are doing.

Do you think it is going to be difficult on the cruise to stay LCHF? Any advise you can give me, would be appreciated.

I have about 10kgs left to loose and it's coming off supper slow. Only lost 1.5kg this month. But at least it's a loss. Have decided to only weigh monthly now as the scales were going up and down to much.

I am concerned about our cruise in November as I don't want to undo all my hard work.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think it is going to be difficult on the cruise to stay LCHF? Any advise you can give me, would be appreciated.

I have about 10kgs left to loose and it's coming off supper slow. Only lost 1.5kg this month. But at least it's a loss. Have decided to only weigh monthly now as the scales were going up and down to much.

I am concerned about our cruise in November as I don't want to undo all my hard work.

Sorry to just be getting back to you - computer crashed while in Mexico - and short 4 days cruise -- now friends are here from England -

I only gained 5 pounds of water weight while gone since 1 Sept - it will come off easily - I did stick with my LCHF - only ate meats - allowed veggies - eggs - cheeses - and heavy whipping cream for dessert when on the 4 day cruise

For drinks I usually have vodka (raspberry/ruby red or mango) over ice with lime and Sprite Zero - NO Carbs! Or a small glass of wine!

You GOT THIS - :)

I'm on day 11 of low carb also trying intermittent fasting well see how that goes

Congratulations - keep up the good work - sometimes the going is slow - especially if you are insulin resistant like me! You will get there - after all - we didn't gain it overnight - it sometimes takes a while to lose it! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have another thread going (do you ever binge on food) but since I'm committed to LCHF/Keto diet I thought I would post here as well. I am down 21 pounds since I started curbing carbs. I lost 7 pounds in 2 months and the other 15 since going keto. I have stalled a bit and I think it's because I am not counting carbs as often as I should. I'm still eating low carb, but not tracking it. As of today I will start tracking again.

This diet is forever. I know if I add back carbs I will start gaining again. That sweet treat or bread fix is just not worth it. I have had no sugar or bread or rice or potatoes since going keto in mid July. I'm really not missing them that much. That has really surprised me.

Keep up the good work, everyone. It has helped me stay motivated to see the other health benefits of LCHF/keto. It can reverse type2 diabetes and may even have some cancer-fighting benefits. It sounds so fad-y. Like it can cure anything. But I am buying in to this lifestyle. I will have a physical in December and can't wait to see how my labs come back.

Need more motivation? Try viewing the documentary "Fed Up." This is available on Netflix.

I have another thread going (do you ever binge on food) but since I'm committed to LCHF/Keto diet I thought I would post here as well. I am down 21 pounds since I started curbing carbs. I lost 7 pounds in 2 months and the other 15 since going keto. I have stalled a bit and I think it's because I am not counting carbs as often as I should. I'm still eating low carb, but not tracking it. As of today I will start tracking again.

This diet is forever. I know if I add back carbs I will start gaining again. That sweet treat or bread fix is just not worth it. I have had no sugar or bread or rice or potatoes since going keto in mid July. I'm really not missing them that much. That has really surprised me.

Keep up the good work, everyone. It has helped me stay motivated to see the other health benefits of LCHF/keto. It can reverse type2 diabetes and may even have some cancer-fighting benefits. It sounds so fad-y. Like it can cure anything. But I am buying in to this lifestyle. I will have a physical in December and can't wait to see how my labs come back.

Need more motivation? Try viewing the documentary "Fed Up." This is available on Netflix.[/quote

Keep up the good work! It has been my lifestyle now for 20 months now - no going back - I feel so healthy and great and can wear nice clothes! Besides I am much happier and contented in my spirit! :D

I think it is really easy (option-wise) to stay LCHF on a cruise. The breads and breakfast pastries are all pretty generic, IMO, so they are easier for me to avoid, despite the fact that I used to love a danish or donut in the morning with coffee. On our last cruise I did have dessert almost every night (sweets are my weakness,) pizza once or twice when we were too tired to even make it to the buffet for dinner, and maybe two fruity-type alcoholic drinks our entire ten days. We are incredibly active on our trips and generally gone the entire day in port so I'm not around food all day and also burning A LOT of calories. I think it is really important to go into the trip with a strong diet and no "cheats" or bad days for a while before. If I go into it with a fat burning body it is so much easier to avoid the sugar. If I go into it wavering, or with recent cheats, I'm going to have a much more difficult time saying no to the little things.

My advice is the same I dish out for everyday life:

1. Ask them to not bring bread to the table at the start of dinner. This can be a huge trap for me, so just not having in front of me is the best option.

2. If you want [carb] that's fine. Fill your plate with your protein/fat, eat all of that, and if you STILL want your carb item, eat it. I find that most of the time I am too full for it, or I will have one bite and realize, ugh, this wasn't as good as I had imagined.

3. If you are a drink lover have 2 waters for every alcoholic drink.

4. If you really want a dessert and don't care for the sugar free option, have it, enjoy it, move on.

I don't know about you but eating LCHF/keto has made a world of difference in my general health as far as digestion, migraines, energy. Now that I have been keto for 2 years, LCHF 3 years prior to that, I can REALLY feel the negative effects of carbs pretty quickly and severely. I still have to remind myself of that when tempted.

Good luck! Enjoy yourself!