What should they replace Moderno's with?

AndyCapn

What type of restaurant should replace Moderno's?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. What type of restaurant should replace Moderno's?

• Asian
    • Caribbean
    • Mexican
    • Southern barbecue
    • Seafood
    • Upscale hamburgers
    • Gourmet buffet
    • Celebrity chef
    • Child-friendly family restaurant
    • Land-based chain restaurant
    • Nothing, use the space for something else

on my first cruise in 2009, on the Gem, they had a Mexican restaurant that was very good, the service charge was 10 dollars and really don't know why they got rid of it but then again the Asian restaurant back then had more choices and better food. I am ok with Moderno, but i wish they would stop coming to your table every 5 minutes :cool:.

What makes me think that would just not work. If one desires to eat healthy on a ship they can, but to have an entire restaurant, especially a sur charge one with only healthy food, was be a no winner for the cruise line.

You'd be surprised. There are more health conscious people than you think...just check out the gym.

I too doubt they could produce good BBQ on a cruise ship. I’d bet it would be grilled meat dunked in BBQ sauce and then labeled BBQ. Real BBQ requires low heat and long cooking times which I doubt a cruise ship would want to be bothered with.

Real BBQ requires SMOKE.

That's something they try to keep to a minimum on ships at sea.

BBQ restaurant on a cruise ship would by definition be terrible.

A Norwegian restaurant. It's like they're "Embarrassed To Be A Norwegian" We had some passable potato pancakes at breakfast for a few days, but no herring, no lutefisk. How hard would it be to whip up a proper cold board?

I was not a fan of the Moderno, but if they had some Norwegian reindeer meat on a stick...? Could have been a game changer. Pickled fish in a cream sauce? Perfection!

Lutefisk? I'm not a big fan of Moderno, but I'll take it any day over gelatinous whitefish soaked in lye.

Replace it with Any resturant with a good lobster on the menu that's included on the dining oackage.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

Jana, there is no way any ship can or will have truly good Lobster at no extra charge, even upscale ones. I tried it twice on NCL, twice on Princess and on Celebrity. Good Lobster is just too pricey to offer really good quality. I guess many of us would love to see your suggestion come true but I doubt it will ever happen.

rbrugler: Le Bistro and Cagney's are the 2 favorite sur charge restaurants there are, neither is about to go anywhere.

April: yes, lots of people working out and also lots jogging in the mornings or walking which is great. But health conscious people is one thing but talking away white potatoes and breads, plus red meats only and veggies when anyone can do that on their own is a totally different thing.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Jana, there is no way any ship can or will have truly good Lobster at no extra charge, even upscale ones. I tried it twice on NCL, twice on Princess and on Celebrity. Good Lobster is just too pricey to offer really good quality. I guess many of us would love to see your suggestion come true but I doubt it will ever happen.

I am going to have to politely disagree.

They can have perfectly good lobster on any ship.

Starkist and Chicken of the Sea Brands have a wonderful lobster in a can that can could be easily stored and served at a moments notice. These would definitely add a high level of elegance to every cruise line.

On a side note, as an added bonus, it also can be substituted as a wonderful cat food in a pinch

why replace? I would prefer the la cucina or le bistro to go.

If they take away Le Bistro we have defenitely cruised on NCL for the last time!

With the prices they have right now we might never cruised with them again anyway but we hope for better prices in the future! As long as they charge much more for the Haven than MSC does for the Yacht Club we cruise with MSC instead.

If they take away Le Bistro we have defenitely cruised on NCL for the last time!

With the prices they have right now we might never cruised with them again anyway but we hope for better prices in the future! As long as they charge much more for the Haven than MSC does for the Yacht Club we cruise with MSC instead.

From what I have heard talking to people on MSC the lines are so very different it would be hard to compare them. For the most part I have heard MSC has beautiful ships but it pretty much stops there. People have complained about the service and the overall attitude is more like Costa. For those how like Costa that is great, for those who prefer the typical mass marketed lines, MSC doesn't work.

Was on the Getaway a few years ago and the seafood place they had was fantastic. Think it was called Ocean Blue? I would like to see that on more of their ships.

I would not suggest Indian food. there are already concerns about norovirus, etc. No need to exacerbate the potential of gastro-intestinal issues.;p:o

What does Indian food have to do with norovirus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk