TV Stations on the Valor

Cruiserbarbie

• 1 month later...

We were on board the week of 2/10 and there were some cartoon channels. Next time, we will bring a lap top and some DVDs for those evenings when we just want to chill in bed and order room service.

Terrible selection for news, not a fan of CNN. But at least in the morning I can get a bit of current news and see what is happening. But I really don't expect to need TV, don't plan on spending much time in my room.

I just got back from sailing the Victory from Miami and can confirm the channel selection is bad, really bad. I don't cruise to watch TV but the time I was in the cabin relaxing before bed I couldn't find anything to watch other than;

• 10 channels (literally) dedicated to Carnival stuff
  • 2 non-standard CNN channels
  • TBS with shows in english and commercials in espanol
  • Tru TV without commercials and only "kid friendly" shows
  • Cartoon network without Adult Swim
  • Boomerang
  • TCM channel

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

• 3 months later...
Nice to have networks while waiting for wife to get dressed for dinner. Sad that they got rid of all of them except CNN which to me is not news.

I was on the Carnival Conquest for 14 days in March. Could not get any news for the 14 days. They only had CNN with no news or weather. Everyone was complaining about the lack of news stations. I cannot understand why Carnival dropped all news stations-ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox News and left the non news CNN station on their TV's.

Here are the TV stations you can get on the Valor:

22 CNN

23 CNN International

25 HLN

28 TNT

29 TBS

32 Movie channel

The Sports Bar has a TV with sports on it.

TNT is not really TNT it's a secondary, they have the worst channels .

I was on the Carnival Conquest for 14 days in March. Could not get any news for the 14 days. They only had CNN with no news or weather. Everyone was complaining about the lack of news stations. I cannot understand why Carnival dropped all news stations-ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox News and left the non news CNN station on their TV's.
I don't understand that move either. I like to know what's going on back home. We were cruising on 9/11. If I had not had news to watch I would not have been a happy camper.

Nice to have networks while waiting for wife to get dressed for dinner. Sad that they got rid of all of them except CNN which to me is not news.

LOL...Then excellent opportunity to keep TV off, you are on vacation after all!!!!;p

From what I understand, the satellite tv got too costly and most of the cruise lines dropped the service. If that is anything like my home satellite service, I can sure understand that. Seems like they up their price every few months and it's ridiculous as it is.

From what I understand, the satellite tv got too costly and most of the cruise lines dropped the service. If that is anything like my home satellite service, I can sure understand that. Seems like they up their price every few months and it's ridiculous as it is.

They should get cable TV. ;)

It certainly is a sad situation, and as far as I'm concerned, with the current selection of available channels, they might as well remove the T.V.'s from all the cabins. They are totally worthless now.

"SKY"

Horrible move Carnival. I have a Vancouver to Hawaii booked with 5 days at sea. Really going to miss the TV for afternoon naps and at bedtime. It may be the deciding factor for longer voyages. 7 days days is too long already, but 10-14 days will happen on other lines. Give us an option to upgrade our satellite stations in the room for those who want it!

Kim

Horrible move Carnival. I have a Vancouver to Hawaii booked with 5 days at sea. Really going to miss the TV for afternoon naps and at bedtime. It may be the deciding factor for longer voyages. 7 days days is too long already, but 10-14 days will happen on other lines. Give us an option to upgrade our satellite stations in the room for those who want it!

Kim

Write to Carnival and express your displeasure. We did and got back a "canned letter" yada, yada, yada. We are considering our options. I would not be surprised if "pay TV" might be there next move,

I was on the Princess Ruby a couple of weeks ago, they had all the networks including FOX news. I don't know of one cruise line that has dropped all of the news channels. Carnivals decision to drop the networks and only keep nonnews CNN is a disservice to its paying customers.

It certainly is a sad situation, and as far as I'm concerned, with the current selection of available channels, they might as well remove the T.V.'s from all the cabins. They are totally worthless now.

"SKY"

Maybe worthless to us, but not to them. It's a way to "hock their wares." And the Carnival channels now have less competition. They won't be removing the TVs.

I was on the Princess Ruby a couple of weeks ago, they had all the networks including FOX news. I don't know of one cruise line that has dropped all of the news channels. Carnivals decision to drop the networks and only keep nonnews CNN is a disservice to its paying customers.

I agree with non-news cnn. I liked RCL for their TV options.