Epic - Posh Passes? Still doing this?

GorillaPaper

I recently read a post somewhere that indicated that they MIGHT not be selling passes to posh anymore. The poster wasn't sure as it might have been over the new year holiday only? We are sailing on Epic March 3rd and were hoping to get passes. Has anyone sailed on Epic recently and know if they were still selling passes for Posh?

thanks!

I recently read a post somewhere that indicated that they MIGHT not be selling passes to posh anymore. The poster wasn't sure as it might have been over the new year holiday only? We are sailing on Epic March 3rd and were hoping to get passes. Has anyone sailed on Epic recently and know if they were still selling passes for Posh?

thanks!

We'll be sailing on march 31 and was also hoping to get posh passes. I will watch this thread to hear the answer but in case there is no definitive answer please post when you return. I'd love to know when and where you buy the passes. enjoy your cruise!!

Sailing on February 11th on the Epic and my first stop after embarkation is heading straight to guest services for the Posh passes. So will let you know when we come back!

(hopefully after a week relaxing in posh ;))

Oh THANK you for letting us know after you get back, we're booked on the 03/17 sailing and Posh pass was built into the 'budget' (ha like we ever actually stick to THAT) early on, those chairs look like heaven. Well they'll look like heaven when my fanny is in one, with a book in one hand and a drink that has an umbrella in the other! :)

thanks!

I'm the one that posted about this. I was told the NYE cruise was the fourth cruise in a row where they didn't sell Posh passes. I get the Christmas and New Years cruises...the ship was very crowded. However, those weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are typically the slowest of the year for cruising in general, so I don't understand why they wouldn't sell during those weeks, unless those cruises just happened to have a large number of suites with 3rd and 4th pax. I had a friend on the Nov 26 sailing, and he was able purchase a pass. I plan on sailing Epic again, and I'd love to know if it was just because the ship was busy or if this is a permanent thing.

Just sailed on 01/21, and they sold Posh passes. I overheard someone say they were also on the 01/14 sailing, and the didn't have any Posh passes (not sure if they didn't sell them, or if the person got there too late and they were sold out).

I had checked the ncl.com site a few days before we left, and it appeared there were quite a few available courtyard villas, so I'm assuming that's why passes were available. You may want to keep an eye on the courtyard villa avails as that may help gauge if you might be able to buy a pass.

Hope that helps!

-tv77

Just sailed on 01/21, and they sold Posh passes. I overheard someone say they were also on the 01/14 sailing, and the didn't have any Posh passes (not sure if they didn't sell them, or if the person got there too late and they were sold out).

Good to know they're still selling them. Thanks for the info :)

First off, how much are these "Posh passes"? Secondly, does it allow you another other perks while in this segregated part of the ship?

Thanks!

I've heard $59/person a day, but someone else with a better memory or actual experience should weigh in. :) I do know you get no other access to Epic suite areas with a Posh pass.

Thanks LadyShiva,

So, for $59 per person, per day, you basically get access to this area of the ship, but no included drinks or other perks?

Yes. Just access to the space. I believe there's food (hamburgers and such), but I'm not going to swear to it.

ETA: From a search, the $60 may be for the week, per person, and their tuna burger is raved over. As always, sdmike is the bomb for all things Epic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1484113&page=3

Edited by LadyShiva

It was $59 per person, and you could order food off a menu from the bar. They had a burger, hot dog, the tuna burger, a chicken ceasar warp, onion rings, maybe a few other things.

Also, once or twice a day the servers would come around with cold/chilled washrags, and skewers of fruit.

And, there are "misters" along the wall to cool you off. It would get pretty hot out there if you weren't under an umbrella.

I believe the hours were 8a - 5p.

-tv77

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I were on the 1/28 sailing and they were selling passes. I think I overhead someone at guest services say they were limited to 20 passes. I don't know what they cost for one day but for the week it is $69 and for us it was absolutely worth it. Posh was never crowded and we had our choice of chairs. We also never had to worry about leaving our stuff if we wanted to go to the buffet or take a few trips down the water slides.

head to guest services as soon as you board and keep fingers crossed they available on your sailing

There are no more Posh passes available for the Feb. 25th sailing. You do not want Posh passes for the Feb. 25th sailing....Just trying an old Jedi mind trick so we don't have to share Posh with anyone......Only kidding folks....May the force be with you....Just not on the Feb. 25th sailing....

There are no more Posh passes available for the Feb. 25th sailing. You do not want Posh passes for the Feb. 25th sailing....Just trying an old Jedi mind trick so we don't have to share Posh with anyone......Only kidding folks....May the force be with you....Just not on the Feb. 25th sailing....

Ha Ha! You had me going! May the Posh not be with us. :D

Where is that darn "like" button? :D

Robin