Does O’Sheehans still have an special Entree each night?

steveweese

That seems a bit odd. So you were on your last cruise and you should have pretty much been able to see if they had a "special entree" each night. :confused:

I asked the day we got on at 3pm. Do you have an answer or is this an ODD response?

Recently on the Escape they had a sign up about having Prime Rib a night or two at O'Sheehans and also remember a sign about BBQ ribs there. Likely there were signs other nights too but those are the ones I remember. We didnt actually have time to go there for dinner but it seems like they must have been "specials" based on the signs.

Here's a little secret, odds are that, if you missed prime rib last night in xxx, odds are pretty good that it is being served tonight in yyy ... you get the idea.

If and when they have poolside BBQ cookout, the insider's joke was that on the last evening or two before disembarkation, there will be a BBQ dinner special, somewhere. Ditto for cuts of lamb ... the executive chef are known for their creativity with their "presentation".

Of course, they won't & don't serve leftover fried chicken - it's freshly prepared ahead of time in the gallery, kept warm & served at proper temperature in keeping with food safety guidelines.

The Garden Cafe (buffet) are doing nightly specials these days ... theme nights. Check the Freestyle Dailies each morning to see the details.

On our last cruise we where told no. But maybe they were wrong?

Who were “they”? The staff at the actual venue? Why would they be wrong? Did you check back later in the week and see a special?

Which ship? Maybe that O’Sheehans did not have specials planned. Maybe other ships do. I have seen Prime Rib nights and Rib nights, but the MDR had the same thing. I figured they were trying to spread out the diners.

On the Epic for 3 weeks this past January and NO they did not. Really missed it. Last year they had Prime Rib 2 nights and Ribs one night. The ribs were awesome. Hoping they will have it again when we are back on next January.

We asked the maitre d and was told they no longer have it.

When we were on the Pearl in Feb they had prime rib the first night, one night was old sailor's basket (fish, shrimp, calamari, hush puppies and fries) one night barbque, I can't remember the other nights.

That's what they had on Escape a few weeks back. Not sure and don't think they had specials other nights.

On our last cruise we where told no. But maybe they were wrong?

When was your last cruise? We were on the Dawn in May and they still had specials in the evening. We normally do not eat dinner there so can't swear they had them every night,but certainly most nights.

When we were on the Dawn in November, they did not have any and looked confused when we asked (multiple people). I think it sometimes depends how the ship is supplied -- we were sailing out of Puerto Rico right after the hurricanes and there were issues with some of the provisioning.

The person being asked when boarding the ship could, for example, be the art salesperson or the internet manager. Crew are often put in different locations to greet guests as them embark. There is no reason to think they would know anything about this, but maybe think they are being helpful. I'd either ask directly at the restaurant, or read the table tents, which is where we usually find the information.

I asked the day we got on at 3pm. Do you have an answer or is this an ODD response?

Its not an odd question. That poster does that many times. No real experience to offer just posts comments like that.

We had specials on the Getaway in the winter this year. But others post there are sometimes supply issues and miss a few cruises. Maybe yours was one of them.