Volcanic rock Jewelry

crisp1

I looked but did not ask prices and now wish I had, I liked the necklaces with the small beads- although I didn't want any with a pendant- just the beads.

I have friends who will be there in the next week and want them to buy a necklace- maybe a bracelet and/or ankle bracelet made with the small beads.

They usually don't travel far from the port. What can they expect to pay- can they get a better price without going too far. What price is fair for an 18" necklace or a 7-9" bracelet- if one were to buy 3- necklace, bracelet, ankle bracelet is there a deal.

Can one just buy the beads?

Thanks

I looked but did not ask prices and now wish I had, I liked the necklaces with the small beads- although I didn't want any with a pendant- just the beads.

I have friends who will be there in the next week and want them to buy a necklace- maybe a bracelet and/or ankle bracelet made with the small beads.

They usually don't travel far from the port. What can they expect to pay- can they get a better price without going too far. What price is fair for an 18" necklace or a 7-9" bracelet- if one were to buy 3- necklace, bracelet, ankle bracelet is there a deal.

Can one just buy the beads?

Thanks

You can expect to pay around $10-25usd per bracelet or necklace. You may be able to bargain for a three price deal...

Keep in mind - these are not made from materials local to St Lucia. Our volcano is not lava, it's geothermal... The lava bead bracelets and such are imported chotchky stuff, not local items.

You can expect to pay around $10-25usd per bracelet or necklace. You may be able to bargain for a three price deal...

Keep in mind - these are not made from materials local to St Lucia. Our volcano is not lava, it's geothermal... The lava bead bracelets and such are imported chotchky stuff, not local items.

So it's imported- but from where? Why is it the only type of jewelry I see in St Lucia. Why don't I see this type of jewelry in other Caribbean ports

So it's imported- but from where? Why is it the only type of jewelry I see in St Lucia. Why don't I see this type of jewelry in other Caribbean ports

It's made wherever they make the stuff that's all over the Caribbean , Mexico, Med, Hawaii, etc . Probably made in China or Philippines or elsewhere like so much if the chotchky stuff sold for souvenirs the world over. Can't answer for why you haven't seen it elsewhere, maybe you weren't looking those other particular times? Regardless, St Lucia's volcano isn't magma, aka the flowing lava that makes the black stones, etc. It's a geothermal volcano that mainly produces steam, and hot mud laden with minerals _ high iron, calcium, etc content.

Either way, your friends are able to buy it here, just know that it's not locally produced from magma from the volcano.. Doesn't mean they're still not neat, they're just not local .