Divina re routing or cancellation options

Bigmaan

Hi all

We leave Australia on Tuesday bound for USA. Week in Tennessee and then Miami for back to back cruises from 23/9/2017 on divina . I see the cruise for this week has been cancelled . Looking at our cruises , the second one departing 23/9/2017 is going to need big changes .

St maartans is under water and suffered massive damage .

San Juan is copping it now and Nassau next . Those three ports are all going to be impacted .

What will they likely do for this one ? Where do they usually re route to ? Unfortunately I have excursions booked independent of the ship at all those locations .

I have travel insurance but they don't pay out until it registers as do not travel on safe traveller .

I know a holiday is trivial compared to what these poor people are facing but we are 14000km away and trying to get some answers.

Kind regards

Hi all

We leave Australia on Tuesday bound for USA. Week in Tennessee and then Miami for back to back cruises from 23/9/2017 on divina . I see the cruise for this week has been cancelled . Looking at our cruises , the second one departing 23/9/2017 is going to need big changes .

St maartans is under water and suffered massive damage .

San Juan is copping it now and Nassau next . Those three ports are all going to be impacted .

What will they likely do for this one ? Where do they usually re route to ? Unfortunately I have excursions booked independent of the ship at all those locations .

I have travel insurance but they don't pay out until it registers as do not travel on safe traveller .

I know a holiday is trivial compared to what these poor people are facing but we are 14000km away and trying to get some answers.

Kind regards

Did you receive notification that the 9/16 cruise was cancelled? I'm a bit confused by the dates. Thanks.

Who even knows if the miami port will still be there after saturday?

Wow. That's pretty grim. So if the Port of Miami is destroyed, there is still Fort Lauderdale, or Canaveral or even Jacksonville on the east coast of FL alone. MSC is not going to let a cruise ship NOT PRODUCE REVENUE for an extended period of time. Something will happen. So if Miami is destroyed they will likely move the ship to another port and help arrange bus transportation. The ship is not going to float around with just crewmembers. It's easier and cheaper to try to help 80% of the passengers and still get not only their revenue, but the gratuities for the crew, than to indefinitely cancel and/or completely relocate to a far away port and try to do a last minute fire sale on berths.

Wow. That's pretty grim. So if the Port of Miami is destroyed, there is still Fort Lauderdale, or Canaveral or even Jacksonville on the east coast of FL alone. MSC is not going to let a cruise ship NOT PRODUCE REVENUE for an extended period of time. Something will happen. So if Miami is destroyed they will likely move the ship to another port and help arrange bus transportation. The ship is not going to float around with just crewmembers. It's easier and cheaper to try to help 80% of the passengers and still get not only their revenue, but the gratuities for the crew, than to indefinitely cancel and/or completely relocate to a far away port and try to do a last minute fire sale on berths.

Sorry I was being grim, Didn't really mean to. I am just worried about the storm seeing the damage it has done and crossing my fingers for the oct 14th cruise. I am ok with port replacements but I really dont want to do the western again as I have done it so many times. That really isnt my real worry though, I am worried about what this storm can do to more people and to miami. This storm has really gotten me down on several levels.

THANK YOU for you positive response though. I did want to hear it.

Sorry I was being grim, Didn't really mean to. I am just worried about the storm seeing the damage it has done and crossing my fingers for the oct 14th cruise. I am ok with port replacements but I really dont want to do the western again as I have done it so many times. That really isnt my real worry though, I am worried about what this storm can do to more people and to miami. This storm has really gotten me down on several levels.

THANK YOU for you positive response though. I did want to hear it.

Totally agree with being down due to storm on several levels. Usually I'd be happy/happy this week, getting things ready for cruise, reviewing all notes, etc. Now it's feeling so bad for the people involved w/hurricane already and many islands that were devastated, worried about my home here in FL and future problems that will occur with Irma, feeling regret over my husband not having the special birthday celebration we have planned for so long on the Divina and thinking about everything that has to be done if/when we get word that our 9/16 cruise is cancelled.

Taking things one step at a time, starting with doing hurricane prep here. Being safe is primary!

When they reschedule the eastern cruises, I hope they use some creativity. I chose this cruise because I wanted to get back to St. Martins. I understand that is not possible and I am ok with that. I am with Morgsmom. I have been and don't really care for the western ports. I can go to Mexico on West Coast cruises. Grand Cayman is the worse port I have even been in. I would like to see them go south. Trinidad and Tobago or Grenada or Caracole (sp) As some have suggest maybe they would go to another port, maybe Jacksonville, and go to Bermuda.

Hi

Just spoke to the Australian Reps of MSC Cruises. They told me nothing has been decided. All ports as planned. Even though St Maartans was basically destroyed and others on that eastern route devastated. Cant give any indication of alternative plans or routing and basically " just wait to you hear from us in a week ".... You would think all these cruise liners would have Plan B to roll out. Still , it is early as the hurricane is still passing through.

Suck it up what will be will be...... this is truely a mystery tour from Australia. Not knowing what I am heading to and where... LOL

Take care everyone.

Hi

Just spoke to the Australian Reps of MSC Cruises. They told me nothing has been decided. All ports as planned. Even though St Maartans was basically destroyed and others on that eastern route devastated. Cant give any indication of alternative plans or routing and basically " just wait to you hear from us in a week ".... You would think all these cruise liners would have Plan B to roll out. Still , it is early as the hurricane is still passing through.

Suck it up what will be will be...... this is truely a mystery tour from Australia. Not knowing what I am heading to and where... LOL

Take care everyone.

Same for us from London! we fly to Miami Thursday for the 16th Sailing on Divina

If they decide to cancel the sailing I hope the do this by Wednesday

i have no idea about cancellations or anything, my guess is that they will re-route to other ports. i am taking a break from being excited about our cruise in june while we prepare for this massive storm to hit our house, i wish all i had to worry about right now was my cruise being cancelled :(

Puts things into perspective, stay safe everyone in the UK are holding for the best for you.

I am totally with you guys and I HOPE MSC READS THIS as it seems unanimous that the passengers do not want to go to western or we would have booked western. Puerto Rico is still ok enough i wouldn't mind still going there if the port can handle us. But the Trinidad idea is perfect why not send us at least to the are we booked since some of the ports are not ok? I have been to mexico so many times It would not be fun even to go back and Grand Cayman IS THE WORST most boring place in the ocean as far as I am concerned.

MSC PLEASE DO NOT SEND US TO WESTERN since we booked eastern because we DONT WANT TO DO WESTERN. IF WE DID WE WOULD HAVE BOOKED IT.

I am totally with you guys and I HOPE MSC READS THIS as it seems unanimous that the passengers do not want to go to western or we would have booked western. Puerto Rico is still ok enough i wouldn't mind still going there if the port can handle us. But the Trinidad idea is perfect why not send us at least to the are we booked since some of the ports are not ok? I have been to mexico so many times It would not be fun even to go back and Grand Cayman IS THE WORST most boring place in the ocean as far as I am concerned.

MSC PLEASE DO NOT SEND US TO WESTERN since we booked eastern because we DONT WANT TO DO WESTERN. IF WE DID WE WOULD HAVE BOOKED IT.

I understand if some people prefer not to cruise if the itinerary is changed but I do think that most people prefer western if the alternative is a cancelled cruise.

I understand if some people prefer not to cruise if the itinerary is changed but I do think that most people prefer western if the alternative is a cancelled cruise.

But there are SO MANY many many other ports in eastern there is no reason that they HAVE to choose western or just cancel. The ports we were going to are not the only ones in fact there are some eastern ports that I would KILL to visit.

But there are SO MANY many many other ports in eastern there is no reason that they HAVE to choose western or just cancel. The ports we were going to are not the only ones in fact there are some eastern ports that I would KILL to visit.

AMEN. I hope MSC realizes that.

MSC Cruises

September 6 at 10:29am ·

Hurricane Irma has now been elevated to Category 5 and is strongly affecting ship operations across the entire Caribbean region. The state of emergency has been called across all of Florida and a number of islands in the area.

Due to these extraordinary circumstances, as the safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority, MSC Divina will now head directly to Miami where she will arrive in the morning of Thursday, September 7, ahead of the Port’s likely closure on Friday, to allow guests who wish to disembark to go home. As soon as the disembarkation is completed, the ship will sail to Cozumel (Mexico), beyond Irma’s reach, allowing those guests that wish to remain on board to continue their cruise. She will then stay alongside there until it is safe for her to return to Miami.

Guests who disembark on Thursday will receive a refund for the two days shortening of their cruise vacation and, in addition, will also get a voucher for a 25% discount on the price of a future MSC Cruises vacation. Guests who will continue the cruise after Thursday’s call to Miami will also receive the same voucher.

Due to the timing of Irma’s likely arrival to the South Florida coast, it will be impossible to complete the turnaround operation scheduled for Saturday, September 9. For this reason, we have taken the difficult decision of canceling MSC Divina’s next cruise originally scheduled to sail on that day. Guests scheduled to depart on this cruise will have the option to either be reprotected on another MSC Cruises vacation or receive a full refund as well as a 25% discount voucher on the price of a future cruise.

Please visit our website for most up-to-date information: https://goo.gl/iotC4Y

Should you have any other questions, please contact our call center at 1-877-665-4655.

MSC Cruises

September 6 at 10:29am ·

Hurricane Irma has now been elevated to Category 5 and is strongly affecting ship operations across the entire Caribbean region. The state of emergency has been called across all of Florida and a number of islands in the area.

Due to these extraordinary circumstances, as the safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority, MSC Divina will now head directly to Miami where she will arrive in the morning of Thursday, September 7, ahead of the Port’s likely closure on Friday, to allow guests who wish to disembark to go home. As soon as the disembarkation is completed, the ship will sail to Cozumel (Mexico), beyond Irma’s reach, allowing those guests that wish to remain on board to continue their cruise. She will then stay alongside there until it is safe for her to return to Miami.

Guests who disembark on Thursday will receive a refund for the two days shortening of their cruise vacation and, in addition, will also get a voucher for a 25% discount on the price of a future MSC Cruises vacation. Guests who will continue the cruise after Thursday’s call to Miami will also receive the same voucher.

Due to the timing of Irma’s likely arrival to the South Florida coast, it will be impossible to complete the turnaround operation scheduled for Saturday, September 9. For this reason, we have taken the difficult decision of canceling MSC Divina’s next cruise originally scheduled to sail on that day. Guests scheduled to depart on this cruise will have the option to either be reprotected on another MSC Cruises vacation or receive a full refund as well as a 25% discount voucher on the price of a future cruise.

Please visit our website for most up-to-date information: https://goo.gl/iotC4Y

Should you have any other questions, please contact our call center at 1-877-665-4655.

Yes this is common knowledge and is old since they have already went to Miami on Thursday. We were talking after Irma. FUTURE cruises shortly after the weather clears.

.............. We were talking after Irma. FUTURE cruises shortly after the weather clears.

Looks like Jose has been upgraded to a Category 4 and Irma, which had been downgraded to a Cat 4, has now regained it's Cat 5 status.

As it roared in from the east, Irma ravaged small islands in the northeastern Caribbean, including Barbuda, St. Martin and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands, flattening homes and hospitals and ripping down trees.

But even as they came to grips with the massive destruction, residents of the islands faced the threat of another major storm, Hurricane Jose.

Jose, expected to reach the northeastern Caribbean on Saturday, was an extremely dangerous storm nearing Category 5 status, with winds of up to 250 kph, the NHC said on Friday.

I understand what you mean and I agree that there are many other ports they can choose.

But with a short notice it might not be possible to choose many of those ports. Maybe some of the larger ports in the eastern are needed to get help in for the destroyed areas? I don't know.

I agree with you that people book eastern if they want eastern but maybe it isn't that simple.