Do we bring an adaptor?

smithp7

I put our AARP card in the hallway dispenser (whatever it is called)the minute we got there...we left it there for the whole 3 weeks and never took it out. We are very good about turning out lights...we always do.. but just having that AARP card in the holder the whole time made it easy to not have to worry about things like chargers or lights!

I used to do the same until I realised that there is a risk of fire from changing phones and batteries. Now I remove the card - and only charge my appliances when I am physically present in the room. I also place a fire retardant mat under the devices.

Caution: Adapters and converrters are two diffrent devices. An adapter only allows us plugs to work. It does not change the voltage. A converter changes both the voltage and the cycles (60HZ to 50HZ). Most computer/phone type products only need an adapter. But it you have products that run on 50-60 cycles (such as a medical nebulizer) you'll need a converter. However, since the Sun has US power sockets, there will be no problem.

If you are using the original manufacturer supplied charger there is no fire hazard. Look at the charger and if it has the UL logo and says "100V-240V AC 50/60Hz" you can use an adapter. Some devices such as curlers and hair dryers will have a 110/220 switch that must be set to the 220V position with the adapter.. The inexpensive converters are a fire hazard and the outputs can damage delicate electronics. I left one plugged in with nothing attached and found a blob of plastic a few hours latter.

If you are using the original manufacturer supplied charger there is no fire hazard. Look at the charger and if it has the UL logo and says "100V-240V AC 50/60Hz" you can use an adapter. Some devices such as curlers and hair dryers will have a 110/220 switch that must be set to the 220V position with the adapter.. The inexpensive converters are a fire hazard and the outputs can damage delicate electronics. I left one plugged in with nothing attached and found a blob of plastic a few hours latter.

Yes but note that unless you have intentionally bought a dual current dryer/curler there is no switch and you cannot use it in a 220 outlet even with an adapter; it will fry your device--or maybe even worse.