Black Label Complementary Dinner

sandpiper35

We are just off the Divina and redeemed our "Black" dinner certificate in Eataly. We were given the regular menu and told to choose an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert.

I choose a pasta and my husband choose a salad for the app. The server said the portions were large and suggested we share them -- she divide them on plates for each of us. It worked well. We had PLENTY of food and actually skipped dessert.

I've heard that for Eataly on Divina, but Divina is exceptional in many ways. Other restaurants on other ships may still be using a limited menu. That was the case at the Tex Mex restaurant on Splendida in February, for example, but things may have changed since then, too.

Is the "Black" complimentary dinner a perk you get if you are in a top tier club with another cruise line? We are Diamond with Royal and Ive just filled out the form to get matching club status as we may be sailling Divina this year.

Is the "Black" complimentary dinner a perk you get if you are in a top tier club with another cruise line? We are Diamond with Royal and Ive just filled out the form to get matching club status as we may be sailling Divina this year.

Yes. It is a Black perk. Dinner for two at either Eataly or Galaxy.

By the way, Eataly is open for lunch on sea days, and the perk can be used then also.

Curious. Is this perk for all MSC ships or just Divina? Do they provide the certificate on the ship?

Not sure if it applies to the entire fleet, but yes, the certificate was delivered to our cabin.

AND if both you and your cabinmate are BLACK level in the Voyages Club, you will each get a certificate for dinner for two.

Not sure if it applies to the entire fleet, but yes, the certificate was delivered to our cabin.

AND if both you and your cabinmate are BLACK level in the Voyages Club, you will each get a certificate for dinner for two.

If you are traveling single can you use the certificate on two different nights for your dinner?

On Splendida we didn't receive any certificates for the specialty meal (or for the 1-hr spa visit). People who didn't know about these perks already probably missed out.

Same on Fantasia in February. Cruise Consultant was very poor - to put it mildly! And the Black Card event was a joke!

• 4 months later...

So I'll pose a corollary to the sailing solo question -- my hubby and Stepson are both Black (I am wee Gold); could we go as a threesome twice but SHARE the food for 2? or go as a 3 but order 4 apps, 4 entrees? Just a thought :rolleyes:

I 100% would choose Galaxy over Eataly. And the options for your meal will be the same as Eataly. You can choose an app or pasta, one entrée, and dessert.

I can't say enough about the meal in Galaxy. We are a party of four and went back a second night it was so good. The service was incredible as well. We'll be cruising again on Divina in 10 days!

I would not recommend the Eataly - although the food is good both times we experienced agonizingly slow service and both times they realized they were slow and both times they blamed overbooking. But I have talked to cruisers who thoroughly enjoyed the Eataly and experienced good service.

Interesting, we were on the same cruise and disembarked yesterday - our first experience in the Eataly was in April - and again this cruise - glad you had such great times in the Eataly.

BTW, loved the cruise, had a wonderful time, an outstanding Captain and Crew.