Divina YC shower?

agnesd

There seems to be criticism of the shower arrangement on the Divina as well as reference to how the water is turned on and controlled. It seems to flood the room as well. Can someone give me a clearer idea of why this happens. We are booked in January .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never had a shower issue in the YC. The step in is a bit high but other then that I love the shower, water pressure is fabulous. It has a hand held shower head so if your a happy sprayer you could wet up things or watch how to put it back in it's holder, make sure to angle it down. I use one at home so it's second nature for me to angle down and away from door/curtain. If it does get extra wet just throw an extra towel on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Never had a shower issue in the YC. The step in is a bit high but other then that I love the shower, water pressure is fabulous. It has a hand held shower head so if your a happy sprayer you could wet up things or watch how to put it back in it's holder, make sure to angle it down. I use one at home so it's second nature for me to angle down and away from door/curtain. If it does get extra wet just throw an extra towel on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks! Good advice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can see what people might be talking about and I'll have to see if I have a picture. But it is basically a shower tub combo and there is a glass partition that doesn't move on the end by the controls that covers half the length of the shower. The other end is open.

So you have to reach 1/2 the length of the tub to turn it on. Since the other 1/2 is open the water could spray out. Just watch where you have the shower head positioned.

There is no problem with the Divina shower in the YC as I remember, and I have just returned from the Preziosa YC which had the same lay-out and bath with shower over. I am a slightly 'larger' lady and the water does bounce off me but never to the point of flooding the bathroom. Just put your bath mat down on the floor, should soak up any leaks. Just enjoy your cruise x

I can see what people might be talking about and I'll have to see if I have a picture. But it is basically a shower tub combo and there is a glass partition that doesn't move on the end by the controls that covers half the length of the shower. The other end is open.

So you have to reach 1/2 the length of the tub to turn it on. Since the other 1/2 is open the water could spray out. Just watch where you have the shower head positioned.

I agree. The half glass partition makes it awkward to turn on without getting wet but the real problem is the ability of older people that may not be as limber to be able to contort themselves easily into the necessary position. Wasn't my favorite set up but was manageable.

I agree. The half glass partition makes it awkward to turn on without getting wet but the real problem is the ability of older people that may not be as limber to be able to contort themselves easily into the necessary position. Wasn't my favorite set up but was manageable.

If there is one negative about the YC on Fantasia class, it's this. We've never had a problem with flooding the floor, but I don't care for having to climb in to the bath-tub to have a shower - I've dodgy knees which makes it unsafe for me. Thankfully, they've installed large shower cubicles in the YC cabins on Meraviglia (and I'm assuming, on all other new builds).

I'm tall and have long arms and it was a bend over, reach in, get arms wet, adjust temp affair. After the first couple of times of getting quite a bit of splash onto the bathroom floor we were just more careful but the bath mat still was pretty much soaked.

I'm tall and have long arms and it was a bend over, reach in, get arms wet, adjust temp affair.

How I get around that is to step into the bath, position the shower head away, turn on the taps and re-adjust the head for showering when the temp is comfortable for me.

How I get around that is to step into the bath, position the shower head away, turn on the taps and re-adjust the head for showering when the temp is comfortable for me.

That is what my DW must have done as she was complaining about it the first day but she didn't adjust the shower and got wet. At least I think that is what she said in normal husband listening fashion.

We found the shower/tub on the Divina YC frustrating. You couldn't close the partition, and water got all over the flood. The spigot was also weird, and made it difficult to get a good shower.

It also went from freezing cold to scalding hot; you would occasionally get lucky and get warm water, before it would become scalding hot again.

I remember the bath/shower well, as pretty much everything else on the cruise/YC experience was amazing and I can't wait to do another one.