Best Orlando-Port Canaveral Transportation

TJ7334

• 4 weeks later...

We are flying in to Orlando Saturday night and renting a car from budget. Will drive to Port Canaveral on Monday am to take a cruise. I got the car rental for a total of $57.00 for 1 day and 13 hours. I previously had a rental reservation through Dollar rental and it was a total of 112.00. Pays to shop around. The Dollar rental was a small economy car and the one we got through Budget is a larger car. I was able to find a discount code on mousesaver.com .

We were going to take the Carnival bus back after the cruise but thinking of rental a car back so we don't have to set at the cruise terminal or airport for hours and hours.

We sailed on the Freedom of the Seas 6/3 from PC. SInce there were 3 of us (all heavy packers!) arriving from different places at different times, I was hesitant to rent a car (didn't know if the bags would fit!) - but as it turned out, the rental cost was so high it was cheaper to do the shuttle. We booked the fly-snooze-cruise package with La Quinta Cocoa beach, which included round trip shuttle service between PC and MCO, as well as shuttle to the port the morning of the cruise. The shuttle was COCOA BEACH shuttle. They were totally fine - on time, pleasant, etc. The only thing is be aware since it is a shared shuttle, you may have a wait at the airport as they fill up the van/circle around to another terminal, as well as multiple stops at hotels, and if yours is the end of the line (as ours was) it can be annoying. The shuttle may also be very full (they don't want to leave empty if they don't have to as they are charged a fee every time they enter the airport or port), so if you have personal space issues this could bug you. We were totally fine with all of it. Would recommend! They were in contact with me by phone and email to reconfirm, and pleasant to work with.

This October will be our 6th cruise out of Port Canaveral (and we can't wait!).

We choose shuttle services rather than rent a car (pain in the butt) or those darn buses at the airport (feel like cattle being herded). Our 3rd time we went with a shuttle service you listed (port canaveral cruise shuttleS) only 3 words; never ever again. Horrible service and for what? to save $5 or $10 ea.? A big fat NO to them for sure. A friend told us that Cocoa Bch shuttle was ok, so we tried them on our 4th cruise and it was so-so. We didn't like the waiting though (we sat in the shuttle for 36 mins. before the shuttle left for the airport....NOT fun). Our 5th cruise was where we finally figured out the best way to go. We tried PortCanaveralShuttleService.com and they were very good (surprisingly good). Their price was low but the service was excellent (on time, very clean shuttle, uniformed driver, nice office staff and very easy to make reservations with.) Now we know better for our 6th cruise and we are so much looking forward to it (we are cruise fanatics). Hope this helps you avoid the pitfalls. Have a great cruise! Maybe we'll see you there! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

We use Beachside Transportation service 321-322-8242 when we went on our cruise out of port canaveral we couldnt be more happy with there service. there drive was waiting at the airport tracking us on there flight tracker. and call me as soon as our plane landed to assure he was there waiting for us. the van was very nice and clean with plenty of head room flat screen for the kids. and on the pick up from the port he was there agian waiting for us a the entrance, GREAT SERVICE FOR A GREAT PRICE

We use Beachside Transportation service 321-322-8242 when we went on our cruise out of port canaveral we couldnt be more happy with there service. there drive was waiting at the airport tracking us on there flight tracker. and call me as soon as our plane landed to assure he was there waiting for us. the van was very nice and clean with plenty of head room flat screen for the kids. and on the pick up from the port he was there agian waiting for us a the entrance, GREAT SERVICE FOR A GREAT PRICE

2 posts from someone recommending a company that no one has

heard of. :eek:

For our May 11-18 cruise, we rented a car and picked it up at MCO after arriving in Orlando at 9:30 am. We met and picked up friends at the Sheraton Hotel; chatted with others in the lobby; grabbed a snack at a deli; purchased wine; even stopped at Walmart and arrived at Port Canaveral by 1 pm (only because were were slowly making our way). The cost for the rental car was $50 bucks or so and we got less than $5 of gas. Three were dropped of at the port and the driver returned the car with a free shuttle back to the port. It took him less than 1.5 hour to see us again on the ship.

After the seven-day cruise, we rented a car with Dollar again (literally just before disembarking at Port Canaveral at 9:30 am because yes, we forgot to rent one for the return to MCO). We had a late departure of 9:00 pm to fly back home, so the rental was great! The shuttle bus picked us up and we rode for about 20 minutes. Upon getting the car, we headed to Cocoa Beach and then Downtown Disney (with a stop for late lunch before heading to the airport around 7 pm.

We would rent a car again if embarking at Port Canaveral.

we used Executive VIP limo, minivan service for 4 people was $110 one way (port to MCO), very prompt, met us as we walked off the ship, didn't charge until we got to the airport. Best part was NOT waiting for the shuttle buses to fill up before you could leave! RCCL transfers were $37.50 pp

We would rent a car again if embarking at Port Canaveral.

I echo this sentiment. We sailed RCCL Freedom last year, and rented a car from MCO to the port, and then did another rental at the end of the cruise back to MCO. I paid about $110.00 in TOTAL. That includes the rental, tolls, and gas. For four of us, way less expensive than any transportation I could find. It was an easy drive. I love the freedom renting my own wheels gives me. We swung in to Target to pick up some last minute things we needed, we grabbed a bite for dinner then stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. Turned our rental in next door to them (I think it was Hertz we used on the way to the port) and grabbed their shuttle to the ship the next morning. Then, when we got back, I had rented from another company, can't recall which one, there are several close to the port, and took their shuttle from the port to their building and got another rental back to the air port. We had a very late flight, so it was nice to be able to do some shopping, go to dinner, and not have to sit in the airport all day. I rented one day rentals from two different companies because I had two different coupon vouchers for deals. They are easy to get, you can even find coupon codes online and book online. Easy. If you are someone who doesn't want to have to be bothered to rent a car, drive yourself to the port and figure out all the details, this won't be your cup of tea. But, if you are like me, and want to have control over what you do and when you do it, and don't mind the details, renting a car is the way to go. It really couldn't be any easier to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great information.

I tried to use Travelynx because someone commented about their nice vehicles, but I couldn't get any help at all via email and am pretty sure I got an anonymous very crude response from an employee since I refused to call them.

I called Sunshine travel and spoke to the owner John and was impressed by his professionalism and his price, about $170 including tax and tip for round trip, private service from the Orlando airport to a hotel at Cocoa Beach. He waited for our plane for over an hour as we were delayed on the tarmac waiting for a gate. He never complained or hinted that it would be an extra charge and when I asked him later he said no, it was his service. He was very enjoyable to chat with during each of our 1-hour trips.

Sunrise Florida Transportation http://www.transportationflorida.com/ 866-709-8769

1-4 passengers: $75 one way/$140 round trip

1-9: $90/$170

1-14: $140/$280

Thanks for the great information.

I tried to use Travelynx because someone commented about their nice vehicles, but I couldn't get any help at all via email and am pretty sure I got an anonymous very crude response from an employee since I refused to call them.

I called Sunshine travel and spoke to the owner John and was impressed by his professionalism and his price, about $170 including tax and tip for round trip, private service from the Orlando airport to a hotel at Cocoa Beach. He waited for our plane for over an hour as we were delayed on the tarmac waiting for a gate. He never complained or hinted that it would be an extra charge and when I asked him later he said no, it was his service. He was very enjoyable to chat with during each of our 1-hour trips.

Sunrise Florida Transportation http://www.transportationflorida.com/ 866-709-8769

1-4 passengers: $75 one way/$140 round trip

1-9: $90/$170

1-14: $140/$280

Another 1 poster recommending a company that is no good at all.

This Sunrise Florida company sent a package delivery van to

pickup 2 women because their van broke down and was 2 hours

late.

Avoid these GYPSY shuttle companys out of orlando.

we used Executive VIP limo, minivan service for 4 people was $110 one way (port to MCO), very prompt, met us as we walked off the ship, didn't charge until we got to the airport. Best part was NOT waiting for the shuttle buses to fill up before you could leave! RCCL transfers were $37.50 pp

How much luggage did you have? I also received the same quote but I'm afraid our luggage won't fit. We don't pack light. :)

• 2 weeks later...
here is a budget discount code for anyone wanting a one way cheap rental, I am getting a minivan for my family of 6 for $62.

Y937800

Thanks for the code, just received a great discount.

here is a budget discount code for anyone wanting a one way cheap rental, I am getting a minivan for my family of 6 for $62.

Y937800

THANK YOU!!!!! We too got a great price. First time for us cruising out of Port Canaveral, and we were trying to decide about transfers. Once again the great people of Cruise Critic came through!!!:D:D

THANK YOU!!!!! We too got a great price. First time for us cruising out of Port Canaveral, and we were trying to decide about transfers. Once again the great people of Cruise Critic came through!!!:D:D

let me know how it works out, it is also my first time cruising from this port and I don't sail until January!

let me know how it works out, it is also my first time cruising from this port and I don't sail until January!

I'll post when we get back, but we don't sail until January 4th. We reserved a car for our transportation both to and from the ship. The car both ways was less than transfers for three one way. Now we have the flexibility to stop for wine, sunscreen, soda oh and more wine since we only do carry ons and we can't carry these things on the plane;)

The drive is about an hour