A Little Help Please

QTPieTrader

I need some help with a 7-night cruise on the RCL Navigator of the Seas. Have you ever had.. and do you recommend the following:

Mojo-Marinated Grilled Pork Chop

Bay Scallop Gratin

Seafood Ceviche

Seared Beef Carpaccio

Shrimp Gyoza

Arancini

I looked them up on the Internet, but the description fell short.

Thanks in advance.. QTPie :cool:

I need some help with a 7-night cruise on the RCL Navigator of the Seas. Have you ever had.. and do you recommend the following:

Mojo-Marinated Grilled Pork Chop

Bay Scallop Gratin

Seafood Ceviche

Seared Beef Carpaccio

Shrimp Gyoza

Arancini

I looked them up on the Internet, but the description fell short.

Thanks in advance.. QTPie :cool:

I haven't been on RCCL, but I've had each of these dishes other places and they're all delicious. Only two of them, Seafood Ceviche and Seared Beef Carpaccio, are even a little adventurous but my guess is that these are tamer versions. Here's a brief description:

Mojo-Marinated Grilled Pork Chop - This is a Cuban inspired dish. Cuban food is not hot spicy. Mojo is a marinade made with sour orange juice, which tastes like a mix of sweet orange and lime juice. Try it.

Bay scallop gratin - this will be small scallops in a shallow dish with a thick cream sauce that's placed under a broiler. It'll probably have bread crumbs and a little nutmeg in the sauce. Try it.

Seafood Ceviche - Normally this is cut up pieces of raw white fish, shrimp, scallops, etc., in a citrus marinade with spicy peppers and sometimes tomatoes or salsa. The marinade "cooks" the fish and turns it opaque but typically no heat is applied. My guess, however, is that you'll get cooked shrimp, scallops, etc in a citrus marinade on RCCL and not get the authentic dish. Try it.

Seared Beef Carpaccio. Carpaccio is also typically raw. It's filet mignon that's sliced paper thin and served with capers, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. It's a beautiful dish. Here, however, it's seared so it won't be raw. Try it.

Shrimp gyozo. A Chinese dumpling that's steamed and then sometimes fried. It will have ginger and scallions in the dumpling and there will be a soy dipping sauce. Usually, gyozo are made with pork, but shrimp isn't all that unusual either. These are also called shu mai. Try it.

Arancini - this is an Italian dumpling made from leftover risotto. Risotto is a creamy rice dish. The rice is rolled into a ball usually with some cheese and then fried. Try it.

This made me hungry.

Seared Beef Carpaccio. Carpaccio is also typically raw. It's filet mignon that's sliced paper thin and served with capers, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. It's a beautiful dish. Here, however, it's seared so it won't be raw. Try it.

It may be just seared on the outside but still raw in the middle. Still yummy though.