Just Finished Uniworld Antwerp to Amsterdam

djett

We fly home from Amsterdam tomorrow. This was our second Uniworld cruise and it was wonderful. We were on the River Princess. Highlight was the full day in Kukenhof Gardens. Flowers are in full bloom and beautiful. Very cold with some light rain. Everything about ship, staff, excursions, food was excellent. We booked Egypt with them while on board to take advantage of 20% discount. Looking forward to that trip.

Question for djett: I'll be on Uniworld in August. I'm already planning for 2018 and Northern Italy. I did not realize that discounts might be available if we book our next cruise onboard. This will be our 6th Uniworld cruise and until I read your post, I did not know what I'd been missing all along. Was this discount offered openly...for cruises other than Egypt? Who should I approach onboard to try for a discount? Thanks for your info!

Each evening before dinner, our cruise director would discuss the next day's activities. Mid-way thru the trip, he told us that any future cruise booked while onboard would be eligible for a 20% discount. The discounts were: booking onboard 5%, River Heritage Club 5%, paid in full 10%. Discuss a future booking with your cruise director. The 20% discount amounted to about $2000.

It sounds like your timing for the Keukenhof Gardens was perfect! I saw some absolutely beautiful pictures of the gardens last week.

The timing was perfect. The cold weather is what the flowers needed and words and pictures can't convey the beauty of the place.

I will chime in on a few questions and answers on above posts. We are taking our third Uniworld cruise this August River Queen Rhine and Moselle. We booked this cruise through a deal on one of the online travel deals. not sure if I can give the name! Well I called my TA and she was able to book with this promotion. The price was too good to pass up plus a great deal on Uniworld with air fare. We had to book airfare immediately but I gave TA my itinerary on Delta and was she was able to secure our flights. The only downside to deal,was two dates to choose from...Aug 23 or Nov 1....We have always booked June or early Sept. A bit concerned if August will be too warm! .... Bottom line there always seems to be a good deal lately on River Cruises..:D

• 8 months later...
We fly home from Amsterdam tomorrow. This was our second Uniworld cruise and it was wonderful. We were on the River Princess. Highlight was the full day in Kukenhof Gardens. Flowers are in full bloom and beautiful. Very cold with some light rain. Everything about ship, staff, excursions, food was excellent. We booked Egypt with them while on board to take advantage of 20% discount. Looking forward to that trip.

Did you write a blog for this cruise? We leave in April for same cruise, opposite direction! I’ve just read your current Egypt blog, thoroughly enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you write a blog for this cruise? We leave in April for same cruise, opposite direction! I’ve just read your current Egypt blog, thoroughly enjoyed it!

Yes I did but it no longer exists. Once the cruise is over I delete the blog. When I get home, I edit all the photos and make a photo book. The blog comes in handy to recall some details to include in the book. My family also enjoys following along on the trip thru the blog.

• 2 months later...

Hi JenBelle, Which April date are you doing? I am on the Tulips & Windmills on the River Queen departing Amsterdam on 3/31/2018! I'm new to these boards and haven't yet found the roll call for my trip.

Hi JenBelle, Which April date are you doing? I am on the Tulips & Windmills on the River Queen departing Amsterdam on 3/31/2018! I'm new to these boards and haven't yet found the roll call for my trip.

Don't expect to find a roll call for your specific trip. With a maximum of about 130 passengers on the ship, the chances of someone on your sailing is slight.

The river cruise roll calls are under roll calls, the second item "all river cruise roll calls". You might find a generic Uniworld Tulips & Windmills there.

Don't expect to find a roll call for your specific trip. With a maximum of about 130 passengers on the ship, the chances of someone on your sailing is slight.

The river cruise roll calls are under roll calls, the second item "all river cruise roll calls". You might find a generic Uniworld Tulips & Windmills there.

If there is a roll call, it is usually very small !!

If you search on "Uniworld" and 'titles" only, there about three pages of threads, and a properly named attempt at a roll call will show there.

Good Luck