Alcohol Allowance

walworthwall

Theses are not duty free prices that you get in the shop. This menu card would have been in your cabin

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never had one of these in our cabin, ,,,,first time for me to see one....but it was first time with PO ORIANA June. I will certainly be keeping eyes open for this....THANKS

Not that I can afford a world cruise, but there is no way I could make a litre bottle of Bacardi last 99 days!:halo:

I would like to think that the room service menu for bottles of spirits for in-cabin consumption will still continue.

But will the room service manager have the authority to restrict purchases of alcohol on the lines of "you've had your quota, Sonny, that's your lot!" ? :evilsmile:

P&O say " We allow a reasonable amount " which is ?? :confused:

Which is now a set amount, which to us seems reasonable (more than some ships allow).

Just a pity a growing few have spoilt the trust to be reasonable we all enjoyed by keeping it reasonable.

Some peeps were telling others " take what you want , they dont mind " . Looks like they do.

Glad to see the code of conduct and dress code updated.

I reckon some of the two nighters that the ships run could greatly benefit from these rules ,

making the ships as P&O state "to be enjoyed by all.

P&O are taking control again .Some will not like it and can vote with their feet but some will welcome it .

Nothing has been done to put us off our cruisers , so will continue to book with them in the future .

Which is now a set amount, which to us seems reasonable (more than some ships allow).

Just a pity a growing few have spoilt the trust to be reasonable we all enjoyed by keeping it reasonable.

Some peeps were telling others " take what you want , they dont mind " . Looks like they do.

I reckon some of the two nighters that the ships run could greatly benefit from these rules ,

P&O are taking control again .Some will not like it and can vote with their feet but some will welcome it .

Nothing has been done to put us off our cruisers , so will continue to book with them in the future .

How is one bottle of wine for a 24 day cruise 'reasonable'?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I am also pleased about this, some people were just taking advantage and posting pictures on Facebook of cases and cases full of booze they were taking on board. I’m not surprised they acted on this. So spoiling it for those that take a couple of bottles onboard.

Also pleased about the dress code and the fact they obviously are trying to stop hen and stag parties dressing in outrageous clothes or rude slogans on t- shirts and obviously drinking to much alcohol.

I wouldn’t mind if they introduce a drinks package but I wouldn’t be taking advantage of it. As long as it isn’t included in the cost of the cruise, in which case I wouldn’t be booking the cruise. I would much rather they included gratuities in the cost of the cruise.

The dress codes are also being hardened up No more Football shirts track suits after 18.00 see here https://ask.pocruises.com/help/po/life-on-board/dress_code_all

Good thing too, but they don’t actually specify football shirts or track suits do they? Some people won’t give a damn. On Britannia last year a middle aged chap turned up for breakfast in the Epicurean (fine dining restaurant reserved for suite passengers) every morning in a garish football shirt. Personally, I think that shows a lack of respect for others, but many people these days wouldn’t even notice.

Well it unfortunately is still one more than lots of cruise lines allow.

which is what I said , so glad we agree

HI Wowzz

I can understand your disappointment, regardless of it being 7-14- 24 or any other cruise but P&O

decide your allowance. As in one of my earlier posts I did put long may they keep the trust in us

being reasonable but sad to say it looks like those days have gone for you and me and others.

So to answer your question .. because P&O say it's reasonable , their ship , their rules .

Evening Casual

Stylish resort or leisurewear is ideal for Evening Casual nights, for example casual separates or dresses for ladies and open-neck polo shirts and casual long trousers (not shorts or 3/4 length trousers) for men. A jacket and smart trousers can be worn but are not compulsory. Smart dark denim is also fine, but not trainers, football shirts or tracksuits.

Black Tie

Black Tie nights foster a rather special atmosphere on-board and we know that our guests adore dressing up and it has long been a part of the P&O Cruises experience, adding a touch of glamour and a real sense of occasion to evenings at sea. Seeing an entire ship full of people transformed into their finery is quite something to behold. Ladies wear glamorous evening wear including cocktail dresses, ball gowns or even smart trouser suits. For men, dinner jackets or tuxedos are the norm, but a dark lounge or business suit and tie can be worn as an alternative. You can also wear formal national dress and military uniform.

Daywear

During the day you can wear exactly the same as you would on any other holiday. Casual shirts, shorts, trousers and beachwear are ideal. For going ashore and walking on deck, flat comfortable shoes are a must. You will also need a lightweight jacket or coat for cool evenings and occasional showers. Don't forget sun protection cream, a sun hat and sunglasses as the sun is much stronger at sea.

Children

The Dress Code for children in the evening is Evening Casual, regardless of the adult Dress Code. We do ask that children don’t wear denim on Black Tie nights. When dining in the informal or buffet restaurants children can be casually dressed. If children are going to be with you in the evening in the formal restaurants and theatre then they can still dress more casually adopting our Evening Casual Dress Code.

Fancy dress and novelty clothing

We don’t want to dampen anyone’s fun but coming into effect on 1 January 2018, fancy dress and/or novelty clothing will not be permitted on board. We reserve the right to deny embarkation to guests who are inappropriately dressed. This is a change from the policy wording printed in the back our January 2018 – October 2019 brochure. The only exception to this is on official theme nights, when guests are invited to dress to reflect the theme. This policy, however, does not apply to children 16 and under.

Personalised and slogan clothing

In addition to the fancy dress policy, clothing personalised with images/slogans, and/or clothing that features offensive language, images or slogans, will not be allowed on board at any time.

General

The Dress Code is applied in most restaurants and bars for guests over 18 years of age, from 6pm. Please wear the appropriate attire to the ship’s bars and restaurants; blue or worn denim, sandals (for men), sleeveless tops (for men), flip flops and shorts are not permitted in ship's public areas during the evening.

Swimsuits are not permitted in the lounges, interior bars, restaurants or reception area at any time. A shirt and suitable footwear is required while indoors and when using the buffet restaurants.

You may also find the following question helpful: What will the dress code be whilst I am on board?

Please note:

From 2016 we simplified our Dress Codes on-board all our ships to Evening Casual and Black Tie. We know that our guests adore dressing up and it has long been a part of the P&O Cruises experience, so Black Tie evenings are still firmly part of the on-board programme, however the Smart Jacket Required Dress Code will no longer apply.

What happens when a passenger arrives on board with no formal clothes but with football tops and lots of tee shirts with slogans ? A few years ago we bumped into a man on Azura who had been in the same class as my husband 50 years ago at school. He told us that he never eats in the MDR because when he is on holiday he just wants to relax and wear all casual ( scruffy imo ) clothes. Every time we saw him he was wearing various Stoke City tops or tee shirts with slogans on them. He and his wife could not understand why we would want to go to the trouble of dressing less casually every evening. Will P&O confine them to their cabins ? I am sure that as seasoned cruisers they will not check the dress code every time they cruise I know that I don't.

"Slogan - a short and striking memorable phrase used in advertising"," a highland war cry"

So what is a slogan t shirt? I get the bit about stag and hen nights with pictures of the bride or groom and nick names etc but what is a slogan.

One could argue that the t shirts P&O sell with their name and logo on are "slogans". Memorable and advertising something?

Same with the fancy dress. I often think the young people I see in town on a Saturday are in fancy dress however I am informed by a sage younger relative that it is actually fashionable.

So does 'images/slogans' mean that something like a man's tee shirt with Dangermouse on it is banned? Obviously unsuitable for evenings, but for daytime in the Med? Most tee shirts say something on them!

You need to read the actual web site. It it trying to get rid of offensive words and images.

The P&O email is not detailed enough it leaves out the word offensive.

"Slogan - a short and striking memorable phrase used in advertising"," a highland war cry"

So what is a slogan t shirt? I get the bit about stag and hen nights with pictures of the bride or groom and nick names etc but what is a slogan.

One could argue that the t shirts P&O sell with their name and logo on are "slogans". Memorable and advertising something?

Same with the fancy dress. I often think the young people I see in town on a Saturday are in fancy dress however I am informed by a sage younger relative that it is actually fashionable.

You have to read the section in full. They are talking about offensive slogans.

What happens when a passenger arrives on board with no formal clothes but with football tops and lots of tee shirts with slogans ? A few years ago we bumped into a man on Azura who had been in the same class as my husband 50 years ago at school. He told us that he never eats in the MDR because when he is on holiday he just wants to relax and wear all casual ( scruffy imo ) clothes. Every time we saw him he was wearing various Stoke City tops or tee shirts with slogans on them. He and his wife could not understand why we would want to go to the trouble of dressing less casually every evening. Will P&O confine them to their cabins ? I am sure that as seasoned cruisers they will not check the dress code every time they cruise I know that I don't.

Well hopefully he would have read the dress code before he boards so will bring other suitable clothes.

Of course the problem would be if someone’s case gets lost but that would be exceptional circumstances so hopefully would be sorted by P & O.

You have to read the section in full. They are talking about offensive slogans.

But that leads to the question, what is "offensive".

I recall the 1977 prosecution of a record shop for displaying a certain record. The defending QC, John Mortimer, argued the offending word was simply a medieval word for a small ball, and the court agreed the word was "decent".

which is what I said , so glad we agree

HI Wowzz

I can understand your disappointment, regardless of it being 7-14- 24 or any other cruise but P&O

decide your allowance. As in one of my earlier posts I did put long may they keep the trust in us

being reasonable but sad to say it looks like those days have gone for you and me and others.

So to answer your question .. because P&O say it's reasonable , their ship , their rules .

Easy answer - off to a better (Cekebrity) cruise line.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Not that I can afford a world cruise, but there is no way I could make a litre bottle of Bacardi last 99 days!:halo:

I would like to think that the room service menu for bottles of spirits for in-cabin consumption will still continue.

But will the room service manager have the authority to restrict purchases of alcohol on the lines of "you've had your quota, Sonny, that's your lot!" ? :evilsmile:

On Aurora's worldie we were allowed 1l spirits per person per sector bought on board at duty free prices - ie 1 litre Gordon's export gin for around £11.

They are enforcing the BYO Alcohol policy because P&O want you to buy their drinks at inflated prices. They don't want you to drink your own. Just like on other Carnival brand lines, Princess, HAL etc. P&O Australia forbid any alcohol being brought on.:loudcry:

It is obvious alcohol sales targets are not being achieved on P&O UK ships. Hence the Carnival Corp bean counters have struck. I reckon Cunard will be next on the hit list, if not already.

On Aurora's worldie we were allowed 1l spirits per person per sector bought on board at duty free prices - ie 1 litre Gordon's export gin for around £11.

Same for us on Arcadia WC, Sydney to Southampton in 2012.