Hi

As a Scot who has replied to the other thread re what would British people like to see on the ships (decent tea bags pleaseeee) I thought we should mention all the things we like about cruising on American cruiseships before we start to sound like moaning minnies.

I have cruised with P&O ,PRINCESS and Royal Carribean I have enjoyed all my cruises some better than others but what I really enjoy about the American cruiselines is thier sense of "Can Do" attitiude . There is such a a sense of enthusiasm in the service and the staff work their socks off to ensure that you can pretty much get what you want anytime night or day and service with a smile.

The cocktails are excellent and although more expensive that what we pay in this country they do not stint on the measures so perhaps work out cheaper than we think overall .

Food is really varied which no doubt reflects the make up American society as a whole.

It seems to me ( maybe incorrectly) that it is American cruise ships which are more innovative and are not afraid to try out new ideas.The Lawn Club is an example .

I would love to hear why others choose to go on American cruise lines as opposed to P&O or any other line . It cannot just be about price as sometimes there is very little in the cost so lets hear why you choose to cruise with Celebrity .

Scotslizzy